What will you do ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life’s full of risks. We can and should mitigate them as much as we can but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Coronavirus is little worse than a cold for the vast majority of those that catch it.
Death to others and for many who have survived a life ruined by it because their vitals have been so badly damaged. Shooting is an old codgers game in the main and these are the very people most at risk anybody over mid fifties is taking an enormous extra risk. I am going out on Saturday just to gauge what is going on but for me shooting is a social event and I am not really interested in standing around two meters from my nearest friend shouting through a face mask... I can see me packing it in to be honest, I have already cancelled all my competitions who in their right mind is going to travel and stay in hotels to compete against people who are coming from all over France and Europe ? The extra sources you are exposing yourself to of actually contracting the virus are mind boggling.

Okay, so looking at various shooting grounds websites and their face ache page, it appears that shooting is or soon will be back on the agenda.

Now as a resident of God’s wonderful country... “Wales “to some of you heathens..... our lords and masters aka the Welsh assembly have kept silent on outdoor leisure activities.

So I’m now slightly confused. Can I, or can’t I go shooting, will I risk a fine.... I wish someone would knock heads together and come up with a cohesive message to the greater population 

It’s been months since I pulled a trigger and I’m concerned that I have lost muscle power in my trigger finger...... any suggestions to improve muscle definition to said finger ????  And picking my nose does NOT constitute exercise 

Okay, so looking at various shooting grounds websites and their face ache page, it appears that shooting is or soon will be back on the agenda.

Now as a resident of God’s wonderful country... “Wales “to some of you heathens..... our lords and masters aka the Welsh assembly have kept silent on outdoor leisure activities.

So I’m now slightly confused. Can I, or can’t I go shooting, will I risk a fine.... I wish someone would knock heads together and come up with a cohesive message to the greater population 

It’s been months since I pulled a trigger and I’m concerned that I have lost muscle power in my trigger finger...... any suggestions to improve muscle definition to said finger ????  And picking my nose does NOT constitute exercise 
No you can’t sadly.  

Yeah I know ☹️☹️☹️
Oh Wynno, am off to Longridge Wednesday am, won't be there too long as only have 625 cartridges though. I will of course think of not only your good self but all of you that are locked up / in / down just over the border whilst I and a great many others from this side struggle on and try and break a few clays. 

Next week, Barbury on Thursday for a bit of practice, and Westfield for open competition on Sunday. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Wynno, am off to Longridge Wednesday am, won't be there too long as only have 625 cartridges though. I will of course think of not only your good self but all of you that are locked up / in / down just over the border whilst I and a great many others from this side struggle on and try and break a few clays. 
You can go off certain people you know....... 

7 hours ago, GlawsterCodger said:

Yes you certainly can ...... only 625 cartridges Richard do you plan in using them all in the one session ?? :hunter: :laugh:

7 hours ago, GlawsterCodger said:

Yes you certainly can ...... only 625 cartridges Richard do you plan in using them all in the one session ?? :hunter: :laugh:

Hi Gareth, and there’s me thinking I’m taking one for the team, 😂 Dropped into a straw baler this afternoon, ‘twas only 5 stands of 10, as they had gone to so much trouble in setting up thought I’d better shoot it twice 😉 wasn’t a doddle by any means, most was all edge on, not been to place for near 10 years, it targets today reminded me why. 
Oh no won’t use them all Wednesday, saving some for Friday 😉😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gareth, and there’s me thinking I’m taking one for the team, 😂 Dropped into a straw baler this afternoon, ‘twas only 5 stands of 10, as they had gone to so much trouble in setting up thought I’d better shoot it twice 😉 wasn’t a doddle by any means, most was all edge on, not been to place for near 10 years, it targets today reminded me why. 
Oh no won’t use them all Wednesday, saving some for Friday 😉😉
Hi Richard you rubbing salt in bragging about getting out already straw baler or not :hunter: :laugh:  ... Enjoy your outing at longridge mate  :hunter: " I hope you have a good time said with envious tones"  :laugh:  I look forward to seeing you and catching up when things calm down a bit and the welsh gov start to lift restrictions and give guidance on travel etc .... I'll be thinking of you whilst wiling away my time shielding  :senile: going slightly stir crazy  :hmm:  take care and keep safe  :thumbsup:  

I'd go as far as to say that if you were stopped in Wales with your gun in the car and you weren't on necessary business you would stand a good chance of losing your ticket.

Wales has just announced an increase of fines ahead of the bank holiday weekend for repeat offenders of the curfew to £1950. 

That having been said, the traffic around Flintshire and Denbighshire is almost at 'normal' levels

Back