What will you do ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Bet there will be Hundreds of shooters this Sunday at HIGHWAYMANS all with Colds.🤧 as it seems most of the grounds have cancelled Shoots because of the Coronavirus.  🤒

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going for a practice session tomorrow morning, but decided to knock it on the head. I'll miss shooting, but sacrificing a couple of months to social distancing is not going to be the end of the world.

On the bright side, three months of not doing much apart from working from home (for as long as the work holds up), pottering around and walking my remaining dog and I'll probably have saved enough to treat myself to a new gun. Quite fancy a Black Shadow Parcours.

I really think the world needs to keep on turning if we are to survive after the outbreak. Owls lodge have a recipe that seems good. Abandoning shooting and any other business cannot be good. Adapt, adopt, continue is my motto.

I really think the world needs to keep on turning if we are to survive after the outbreak. Owls lodge have a recipe that seems good. Abandoning shooting and any other business cannot be good. Adapt, adopt, continue is my motto.
Agreed. I quite understand why the larger competitions have been pulled but there’s no need for grounds to close. Take pragmatic steps to lesson the risk of infection; prevent the opportunity for people to gather and insist on enhanced cleanliness for example but just shutting up shop shows a lack of ambition for me.

I wonder if it’s a risk of litigation that’s the driver here?

I am with the adapt and overcome brigade.

Pre book over phone. close the clubhouse, meet outside. take card payments only. Shoot in a squad of no more than 6. The ref could take you round and you stay 3 feet apart. The ref fills in and  has your card, so you never touch it. Its called organisational distancing. Low risk.

Hand sanitizer before and after.

The ref wears gloves when he presses the buttons, and these are disposed at the end of the round.

You could go wild and use an infa red thermometer on all that turn up, as an early indicator of symptoms.

There is your basic risk assessment, ....now can we shoot please. 😀

The advice says stay away from freinds and family,it also says if you have to go say shopping stay at least 6 foot away from other folk.Encouraging gatherings big or small outside or in is a imorral thing to do in my opinion.

The health minister last night was asked about youngsters going to the park together and she said yes as long as they arnt in groups so say 2 freinds riding there bikes but staying apart and not touching each others bikes etc.

Nobody likes this but we really need to knuckle down,the most dangerous people i think are the fit and strong who could have no idea they are spreading without any symptoms.

You gearing up to manufacture respirators yet Will?

Local ground to me just closed until further notice, oh well just our monthly get together with the hand traps to look forward too 🙂

Forget trying to make a Baby, as I cant get it to rise. Going to get the Dog and all my decoys out and I am off pigeon shooting in the middle of a  50 acre Rape field all weekend. 😄 👍

So, just back from a registered event not too far from home. Although the ground had decided to close yesterday they were swayed by the number of shooters wanting to participate and a lack of advice/instruction to the contrary from the CPSA. Two things stood out from conversations with the owner:

Firstly, grounds are damned if they do and if they don’t. The government advice says close but there’s plenty of shooters that want to compete and see no reason why they shouldn’t providing hygiene safeguards are in place. Turning them and their money away is hard, especially if a ground relies solely on shooting for its income. There’s also a worry that local residents will become accustomed to the peace and quiet of no events and will kick up a stink once shooting begins again.

Secondly, the CPSA have been AWOL in terms of offering grounds guidance as to what to do. There was a strong feeling that the governing body should be governing. Instead they seem to have shunted the responsibility to the ground owners to make the decision. Personally, I think this is a little hard given that these are unprecedented times and they, too seem to be in a compete mess.

Daft thing is, it’s advised that you can go off with a friend and ride a bike or walk. Shooting is just a noisy version of that if you’re careful. Another shoot I am booked in to has just cancelled. Not sure why really as it can only host one squad at a time anyway. 8 people total in a big outside area. 

Just been to Owls for Compak,all very sensible.

Only allowed in clubhouse to use toilets,take away food if you wish.

A beautiful day out there if a little windy.

Of to B&Q now to stock up on paont and brushes to keep me occupied when it gets really sh*tty!

All Clay shooting has been stopped here. All clubs are closed untill further notice.

I´ve been chopping up logs for next winter, working in the garden and been out on my speed triple a couple of times. I have to say i miss the clay shooting but also miss the contact too my friends at the club. All clubs are closed untill 19.04.....to start with.

Kelbrook today with my son, taking a break from renovating a house and catching up on some work from home work that I didn’t do last week when I was working from home

The advice says stay away from freinds and family,it also says if you have to go say shopping stay at least 6 foot away from other folk.Encouraging gatherings big or small outside or in is a imorral thing to do in my opinion.

The health minister last night was asked about youngsters going to the park together and she said yes as long as they arnt in groups so say 2 freinds riding there bikes but staying apart and not touching each others bikes etc.

Nobody likes this but we really need to knuckle down,the most dangerous people i think are the fit and strong who could have no idea they are spreading without any symptoms.
You should see North Wales. Snowdonia, Prestatyn. Caravan parks are full and they're all out and about like it was a spring break.

Back