Coleys open day.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper

An enjoyable few hours today at coleys for their open day. Have to say that this is a great event. Guns to try , folk to chat to about various things, the folk in the shop friendly and accommodating.
Tried out a browning 525 sporting laminate. Which is seriously a very good gun and good value compared to some of the opposition. A couple of things about it. I'd be unsure how the laminated stock would hold up. This one already showing some marks. And why ,why, why, have they put that stupid hi viz sight on the front. That would have to go. But if you've got 2k to spend then this would be top of my list. 32" flavour. Stick some weight in the stock. Seriously good gun for the money.

Also had a few shots with a CG Invictus multisport. Now I like to see some rib. But this thing is way up there with the comb at its lowest. It doesnt float my boat. And I struggle to see where the 6k price tag comes from. Doesn't feel as well made as the browning. But the very high comb probably makes it a very good ladies gun.

So we'll done Coleys . Great event. Keep em coming.
Jasper.

Last edited:
An enjoyable few hours today at coleys for their open day. Have to say that this is a great event. Guns to try , folk to chat to about various things, the folk in the shop friendly and accommodating.
Tried out a browning 525 sporting laminate. Which is seriously a very good gun and good value compared to some of the opposition. A couple of things about it. I'd be unsure how the laminated stock would hold up. This one already showing some marks. And why ,why, why, have they put that stupid hi viz sight on the front. That would have to go. But if you've got 2k to spend then this would be top of my list. 32" flavour. Stick some weight in the stock. Seriously good gun for the money.

Also had a few shots with a CG Invictus multisport. Now I like to see some rib. But this thing is way up there with the comb at its lowest. It doesnt float my boat. And I struggle to see where the 6k price tag comes from. Doesn't feel as well made as the browning. But the very high comb probably makes it a very good ladies gun.

So we'll done Coleys . Great event. Keep em coming.
Jasper.
Hi Jasper,

I bought a new 525 Sporter Laminate last year and it had a split through the front of the schnabel. You could only clearly see it from a certain angle of the light caught it the right way. This was from brand new and the gun hadn't been shot. I took it back to the shop where I bought it from with a view to exchanging it for another SL and had a look at 2 others that they had on the shelf and they had splits aswell, granted they weren't as noticeable. It's worth pointing out that the other two I looked at were 2023 serial numbers and one that I returned was a 2022 serial number, so possibly not just confined to a particular production run? I'm unsure if this is a common issue. Luckily the shop were spot on and gave me a full refund. It's a shame really because I loved the look and feel of it and agree that as a package it offers value for money (assuming that the material splitting isnt an issue).

Attachments

• IMG_20230409_165502_500.jpg
    IMG_20230409_165502_500.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Hi Jasper,

I bought a new 525 Sporter Laminate last year and it had a split through the front of the schnabel. You could only clearly see it from a certain angle of the light caught it the right way. This was from brand new and the gun hadn't been shot. I took it back to the shop where I bought it from with a view to exchanging it for another SL and had a look at 2 others that they had on the shelf and they had splits aswell, granted they weren't as noticeable. It's worth pointing out that the other two I looked at were 2023 serial numbers and one that I returned was a 2022 serial number, so possibly not just confined to a particular production run? I'm unsure if this is a common issue. Luckily the shop were spot on and gave me a full refund. It's a shame really because I loved the look and feel of it and agree that as a package it offers value for money (assuming that the material splitting isnt an issue).
Thank you for that information. I recently bought one of these for my Grandson . I shall certainly check it out. Its a shame if this is a common fault, he loves the gun and is shooting really well with it.

Thanks for sharing. I haven’t bought one. But with a couple of small tweaks its a super gun. I'm shooting a dt11 at the moment. But really can't tolerate the blue stripe on the action keep disappearing. One has been returned to gmk. Mrs jaspers is now doing the same but out of warranty. And dealers/gmk dont want to know. Mine will go the same way despite being sorted once. Very poor on what is now a 10k gun. It's a shame because it's a superb clay basher.
So if anyone knows a solution or a repair or cover up with engraving etc I'd love to hear about it. Seen the laser work by fox and Co which looks nice but it's 2k+ 🤫

Thanks for sharing. I haven’t bought one. But with a couple of small tweaks its a super gun. I'm shooting a dt11 at the moment. But really can't tolerate the blue stripe on the action keep disappearing. One has been returned to gmk. Mrs jaspers is now doing the same but out of warranty. And dealers/gmk dont want to know. Mine will go the same way despite being sorted once. Very poor on what is now a 10k gun. It's a shame because it's a superb clay basher.
So if anyone knows a solution or a repair or cover up with engraving etc I'd love to hear about it. Seen the laser work by fox and Co which looks nice but it's 2k+ 🤫
How is the line disappearing, what causes it?

I have no idea.
The new black edition with the green stripe will be far worse I reckon.

More like flaking . I've Been told its enamel , or some sort of rubberised paint and various other things. . I think the official stance is wear and tear. Just doesn't seem good enough on any gun. Let alone one this expensive. There seems to be an air of apathy and a certain inevitably about it all.
Anyhow I'll maybe explore getting it gold inlayed which may look smart. Or just buy some little enamels for model making . 🤣🤣😅

Reactions: SBL
Back