Trap gun fit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'll do fine for the time being, just make sure it goes in the shoulder pocket, not the arm and mount the gun to the face, not shoulder first.
What do you mean mount the gun to the face first and not shoulder?

Its exactly what it says! 

Some people have a tendency to mount in the shoulder first then the head drops down onto the stock which is the wrong way around.  This leads to a poor head position and its also a second movement.

Mount to the cheek first then just tighten the shoulder onto the gun

Lets take an example. Fabrizi doesn't put the stock on the shoulder first? Can you give me an example of a shooter to understand this better

Lets take an example. Fabrizi doesn't put the stock on the shoulder first? Can you give me an example of a shooter to understand this better
Have a look at the videos on the ISSF website and you will see a good variation of different ways to do it. Some are quite weird, but they work for the individual, its all down to what works I guess!

Hey. Yes I actually do that all the time. But was particularly interested to see an example of that. I think something like Alipov but to do that you need to start by lowering your back. I put the gun up and then lower

Fabrizi doesn't put the gun in the shoulder first or second - he mounts it on his chest.

Many highly gifted shooters develop contrived gun mounts to avoid missing. Pellielo in spite of the unusual eye movement is an example of good as is Serrano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabrizi doesn't put the gun in the shoulder first or second - he mounts it on his chest.
Remember Bednarik Fred? I think he was a Czech shooter, he used to mount really low, we used to call them "tit shooters" in those days! :biggrin:

Remember Bednarik Fred? I think he was a Czech shooter, he used to mount really low, we used to call them "tit shooters" in those days! :biggrin:
World Champion OT 1985, 1986. Despatch rider for Czech army, died aged 24 in motorcycle accident. Kevin Gill said he was the best he'd ever seen.

I understand he took his last target in a world championship from the hip. He hit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Class !

From the hip you say, so complete detachment from the stock.

How high was his poi compared to his poa whilst doing this.

Did he even know.

Bead or no bead.

What choke.

Conscious or sub conscious.

More in depth analysis please Mr 40up sir.

Class !

Did he even know.

Bead or no bead.

What choke.

Reminds me of Renato!!

Class !

Did he even know.

Bead or no bead.

What choke.

I think what probably happened is that when the target came out he shot it. Not a difficult game really.

An excellent report sir, a little succinct but enlightening nevertheless.

Interesting, can you elaborate ?

I am asking as this seems to go against most other theorys that I am aware of.

Kind of ties up with my past comments regarding awareness (or not) of front bead / barrel.

Ps

There is nothing i like more than a good bead awareness thread :)

................................. and mount the gun to the face, not shoulder first.
There's just a way big buncha OT shooters that do the face last.  Check the videos of World Cup shoots.  Actually I don't recall any of them doing the face first thing but that might just be the antique brain

Latest posts

Back