Zoli Vs Rizzini Vs Beretta Vs Caesar Guerini

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ OP - I own a DT11 Black with the carbon rib and can't fault it. DT11's come from a different part of the factory (the same part that does the SO-series and such) where handfitting of parts and individual inspection are SOP. I think there's a TGS vid on the Beretta premises and the different facilities, if you fancy a look. That can't be compared to 6xx series guns, even if there's merit to some of the complaints on specific models.

What i really like about Beretta is the e-store: Any (non-serial numbered) part you want to exchange yourself can be ordered. I've done so, and do keep a spare carbon rib about (but haven't damaged mine yet) along with other spares. The only thing i couldn't order were the actual ejectors, as they are handfitted and Beretta will only sell those to dealers. Springs, trigger blade, sights, screws, balance weights, and even complete stocks can all be on your doorstep in days.

As for the gun itself, trigger pulls are great, as is the fact that it just eats up recoil. The locking mechanism makes for a wider action which changes the visual a bit, but that's about all I had to get used to coming from a 692. I try not to switch guns much, but if resell value is a factor the DT11 holds value well. I'd be worried about Zoli availability of spares, serviceability and resell value.

Any updates OP Have you made a descision?
I have… Last week I bought a Blaser F3! I was going to buy the Zoli but tried a Blaser and loved it. I found one at Coombe Farm Sporting and they looked after me really well.

I have only been out once since I got it but it fits like a glove and feels really good to shoot.

@ OP - I own a DT11 Black with the carbon rib and can't fault it. DT11's come from a different part of the factory (the same part that does the SO-series and such) where handfitting of parts and individual inspection are SOP. I think there's a TGS vid on the Beretta premises and the different facilities, if you fancy a look. That can't be compared to 6xx series guns, even if there's merit to some of the complaints on specific models.

What i really like about Beretta is the e-store: Any (non-serial numbered) part you want to exchange yourself can be ordered. I've done so, and do keep a spare carbon rib about (but haven't damaged mine yet) along with other spares. The only thing i couldn't order were the actual ejectors, as they are handfitted and Beretta will only sell those to dealers. Springs, trigger blade, sights, screws, balance weights, and even complete stocks can all be on your doorstep in days.

As for the gun itself, trigger pulls are great, as is the fact that it just eats up recoil. The locking mechanism makes for a wider action which changes the visual a bit, but that's about all I had to get used to coming from a 692. I try not to switch guns much, but if resell value is a factor the DT11 holds value well. I'd be worried about Zoli availability of spares, serviceability and resell value.
I nearly went for the DT11 Black but just couldn't find one that met my budget.

I’ve recently been looking a 12g Zoli Pernice game gun . It’s a thing of beauty, and an ideal weight , detachable trigger and optional in stock balance system . It retails at around £7500 . The machining is exquisite . I have trade in that’s worth £4000 + all day long . So the cost to change is around £3500 . The issue I’ve got is that if I can’t get on with the gun I’d probably lose the £3500 - £4000 trading it on . It’s a great shame that the guns don’t command a residual value in line with their quality . I don’t know if I’m brave enough to make the purchase .

Enjoy the Blaser !

I’ve recently been looking a 12g Zoli Pernice game gun . It’s a thing of beauty, and an ideal weight , detachable trigger and optional in stock balance system . It retails at around £7500 . The machining is exquisite . I have trade in that’s worth £4000 + all day long . So the cost to change is around £3500 . The issue I’ve got is that if I can’t get on with the gun I’d probably lose the £3500 - £4000 trading it on . It’s a great shame that the guns don’t command a residual value in line with their quality . I don’t know if I’m brave enough to make the purchase .

Enjoy the Blaser !
I wasn't too worried about the residuals on the Zoli but after extensive research I found that if you have a problem, it is a problem!

The Pernice is a thing of beauty but...

During my search, I did find some lovely engraved F16'd & F3's. Definitely worth seeking out. Take a look at Coombe Farm Sporting, where I bought mine. They have an extensive range os Blasers.

I would also say that Cotswold Country Sports in Cirencester have the most beautiful Perazzi MX12 Game Gun on the wall at the moment, £8,500 but they will do a deal. Worth a look!

I'm looking for some feedback...

I currently shoot a CG Invictus III LTD Ascent and am looking to change it (it does sit comfortably in my shoulder). I am considering the following guns and am interested in feedback...

Zoli Z Sport (new)
Rizzini BR460 (new)
Beretta DT11 (per-owned)

If you have experience with any of these guns I'd love to hear your thoughts, good or bad.

Thanks
Ultimately, whatever anyone says it’s down to how the gun feels and performs. Don’t forget the gun is simply a tool to break clays. If it doesn’t fit or deliver results it’s worthless, no matter how good it looks.

In my view the Beretta’s streets ahead of the others. Cesar Guerini’s are more style over substance. The Zoli’s a decent gun but not quite there. Can’t comment on the Rizzini as I’ve not shot one.

I would also say that Cotswold Country Sports in Cirencester have the most beautiful Perazzi MX12 Game Gun on the wall at the moment, £8,500 but they will do a deal. Worth a look!
I actually know that shop , a few years back I drove down from West Yorkshire , bought a nearly new gd5 Miroku Mk60 20g and dropped it in with Teague Precision on the way back up .

I bought a 32"Zoli Kronos 12 months ago, I shot it badly, it just did not feel "right".

The palm swell made it difficult for me to hold as I have arthritis in a couple of fingers, someone on another forum wanted one so we met up and he bought it.

A fortnight later I went to Bamfords and bought a nice s/hand 30" Browning 525 S with an adjustable comb and a trap forend, my shooting is now back to normal, it handles very well and is a joy too shoot.

I lost a fair bit of money on the Zoli too. I just like Miroku/Brownings.😃

At the end of the day it’s what feels right for you. Definitely try before you buy if you can. Certain brands will lose you a lot of money if you don’t get on with them.
You mentioned a lighter DT 11 don’t forget that lighter equates to more recoil in most cases.
I’ve had quite a few different makes in my time including Krieghoff and a Perazzi MX8 sitting in the cabinet but a few months ago bought a second hand Browning Ultra XS pro 32”which is a glorified 525 and for me it is one of the best guns I’ve shot with. Feels balanced, moves nicely onto the target not too fast or slow and absorbs recoil very well and comparatively well priced and bomb proof.
Each to his own though!

We seem to end up with everyone's own personal gun which suits them down to the ground, unfortunately the OP is none the wiser, which happens every time one of these posts is put up :ROFLMAO:

We seem to end up with everyone's own personal gun which suits them down to the ground, unfortunately the OP is none the wiser, which happens every time one of these posts is put up :ROFLMAO:
In fairness it has been very helpful…. I bought an F3 and that wasn't on my original list! 👍👍

Latest posts

Back