Zoli Vs Rizzini Vs Beretta Vs Caesar Guerini

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuffers

I'm looking for some feedback...

I currently shoot a CG Invictus III LTD Ascent and am looking to change it (it does sit comfortably in my shoulder). I am considering the following guns and am interested in feedback...

Zoli Z Sport (new)
Rizzini BR460 (new)
Beretta DT11 (per-owned)

If you have experience with any of these guns I'd love to hear your thoughts, good or bad.

Thanks

Last edited:
Beretta DT11 gets my vote, as long as its after 2015 with the lighter barrels. World class guns, solid as hell. Proven winning formula. Too much good stuff to write down about them.

Your Invictus has the raised rib. Does that factor in as most DT11s seem to be standard rib apart from the ACS and they're almost as rare as hen's teeth. No idea if the Rizzini is available with a higher rib but the Zoli certainly is.

My opinion is worth exactly what you're paying for it but I'd pick an Invictus over any of them.

Your Invictus has the raised rib. Does that factor in as most DT11s seem to be standard rib apart from the ACS and they're almost as rare as hen's teeth. No idea if the Rizzini is available with a higher rib but the Zoli certainly is.

My opinion is worth exactly what you're paying for it but I'd pick an Invictus over any of them.

I'm moving away from the mid-rib. I want to go back to a flat rib.

I would not have thought Rizzini was not in the same league as the others but both that and the Zoli despite it being a quality bit of kit will lose loads of money with far less people being interested in them in the s/h market. If you like the CG, why not look at a flat rib.

If it is any help; I shot a demo DT11 recently (Coley’s) and was mightily impressed.

The recoil was almost non existent and I’m very recoil sensitive.

Apart from being too heavy for me I really liked it. It shot where I wanted it to.

It was an adjustable stock version as the standard sporters are low in the comb.

If I can find a lighter one I will probably buy it; it was that good.

The DT11 won lots of international titles, so not much to say about it. With a used one it depends on the condition, the fit and of course the price.
I shot the Zoli, know some guys who own one. Beuatiful made, strong action, detachable trigger group, not too far away from a Perazzi in my opinion.

If it is any help; I shot a demo DT11 recently (Coley’s) and was mightily impressed.

Apart from being too heavy for me I really liked it. It shot where I wanted it to.

It was an adjustable stock version as the standard sporters are low in the comb.

The DT11 Black is lighter due to the carbon fibre rib and trigger plate. That's what I am stirring towards.

The DT11 won lots of international titles, so not much to say about it. With a used one it depends on the condition, the fit and of course the price.
I shot the Zoli, know some guys who own one. Beuatiful made, strong action, detachable trigger group, not too far away from a Perazzi in my opinion.
I'm steering towards the DT11 but my heart is saying Zoli.

I would not have thought Rizzini was not in the same league as the others but both that and the Zoli despite it being a quality bit of kit will lose loads of money with far less people being interested in them in the s/h market. If you like the CG, why not look at a flat rib.
Tried a flat rib CG, not keen.

Exactly my opinion. If only they did them with a lighter barrel.. well, they did, with the carbon black, now discontinued.

The DT11 may have won lots of international titles but then Beretta sponsors lots of trap and skeet shooters. I don't see many DT11s out on the SC and Fitasc courses here in the west country though. To be fair, Jasper on here and Mrs Jasper are big fans and he'll probably chip in at some point.

My own experiences with Beretta's quality control have been pretty dismal - although that was some years back.

The DT11 Black is lighter due to the carbon fibre rib and trigger plate. That's what I am stirring towards.
As Will H has pointed out the Black edition DT11 has been discontinued by Beretta…..

Im getting conflicting views on the reliability of this version and question marks over the warranty situation.
I would like to buy one - but it seems a somewhat risky purchase. I’m going to look at one later this week.

As Will H has pointed out the Black edition DT11 has been discontinued by Beretta…..

Im getting conflicting views on the reliability of this version and question marks over the warranty situation.
I would like to buy one - but it seems a somewhat risky purchase. I’m going to look at one later this week.
I tried a friends DT11 Black and it was great. Very smooth but… If and it is only an if.. the carbon fibre rib gets damaged, it will cost a small fortune to replace.

There's a wide variety of Rizzini's but the BR460 is essentially a cheap multichoke MX12 with a DT and seems to be very capable. You're correct regarding resale though. Same can be said for Zoli, Gamba etc.

I'm looking for some feedback...

I currently shoot a CG Invictus III LTD Ascent and am looking to change it (it does sit comfortably in my shoulder). I am considering the following guns and am interested in feedback...

Zoli Z Sport (new)
Rizzini BR460 (new)
Beretta DT11 (per-owned)

If you have experience with any of these guns I'd love to hear your thoughts, good or bad.

Thanks

I've no idea of your experience level, or preferences, but every single one of those guns on the list is capable to breaking clays.

You'll not go wrong with any one of them, but do try them all to see what 'fits best'.

If you're interested in the Rizzini drop me a PM and I'd be happy to chat to you about the options and how you could visit the factory to get the exact spec you wanted. A custom stock can also be super helpful depending on where you're at in your shooting journey.

Latest posts

Back