Mel Sykes in the Sunday Express today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on thread,

I see Mel Sykes is in to clay shooting! Edgar Bros & Zoli have given her a gun.

Next week she's opening a Railway exhibition.

Will Richard Branson give her a Pullman?

Or will Pete Waterman get her to huff & puff?

Notable shooting related excerpt from Carry on Doctor. Sid James in hospital bed, talking to visitor. (Kenneth Connor)? Approximate script:

Visitor: So what are you in here for?

Sid: I was shot from behind while bending over. Hit right in the.. you know..

Visitor: Rectum?

Sid: Didn't do 'em a lot of good!

Notable shooting related excerpt from Carry on Doctor. Sid James in hospital bed, talking to visitor. (Kenneth Connor)? Approximate script:

Visitor: So what are you in here for?

Sid: I was shot from behind while bending over. Hit right in the.. you know..

Visitor: Rectum?

Sid: Didn't do 'em a lot of good!
Trust you to remember that one Will ! Pmsl!!

:)

Carry on camping:

Young girl Leading her cow along the lane.

Sid and bernard Bresslaw ask what she is doing.

'I'm taking the cow to the bull for mating'

'Couldnt your father do that?

'No, it has to be the bull'.

Whether you like it or not, the press campaign is doing its stuff,

almost 1900 views.

From a PR point of view, thats 1900 people who will talk to at leaast one other person , etc.

Its good for her, and ultimatly good for us.

Mart 

almost 1900 views.

From a PR point of view, thats 1900 people who will talk to at leaast one other person , etc.

Mart 
I thought it was just because it was a thread I had started.... :gamer:

Well i am not going to talk to anyone about a shooter who dresses like there on a beach whoever they are.

If we want to portray our sport through the medium of women then we have lots of experienced competitive ladies to choose from that are already active and proven. There are the obvious young attractive trap shooters but also equally attractive real women.

I do not fall for this celebrity nonsense one bit and i credit even Joe public with more intelligence to think ooh i will start shooting because Mr or Mrs X does it.

I feel that celebrities are only ever interested in publicity for themselves and to further their career and fill their ego.also if as is most likely she will not make the grade for the Olympics then she will no doubt take up something else to fuel her thirst for the limelight.i doubt anyone who does not shoot will read any of the articles and change their views on shooting.we will need a lot more to lift the image of shooting after the years of damage the anti brigade have done

That's more like it a lady shooter with a track record and therefore credibility.

almost 1900 views.

Mart
People only tune in for the Les and Ips show........love the way you got it round to Eric Sykes........Had ignored the topic once the word Mel came ino it....but bored so having a general scan......

P. m. S. l. at how this has gone.....much more interesting than the subject matter.......

(p.s. Guns were on the floor and.....both costumes not really suitable for serious shooting.....clay or game......obviously has wanky pr people who also know nothing about shooting.

As for Zoli.....why not give a gun to one of the Olympic junior squad....if they want their brand at the Olympics....there are many 'real' shooters out there with curent talent for shooting Olympic disciplines but who are really struggling to keep going.....(not all talented juniors have rich parents).

I am sure that there are many deserving shooters who cannot afford a great gun....so why give one to someone who can easily afford one......unless you are tying celeb to brand.

Nope this is a celeb upping her profile with a sport that has just won a gold...and brands who are no where near the Olympics yet, riding the pony.

Tell me all you experts........Which papers will pick up and run with Charlotte's Gold at the WCF....? Another very pretty girl....one who already knows what she is doing....and one who actually has a chance to go to Rio. Chazzer has already been an Olympian ...twice.... So in real life she is already classed as a shooting celeb.

The difference in how you get in the papers is....pr company or no pr company.....nothing to do with shooting as a sport.

Gosh no wonder people make a lot of money out of naive people.....it is soooooooooo easy.

Anyway back to the best bit of the thread Les and Ips side chat and the best quote of the thread has to go to Clever...the shooting related one.... :laugh: out loud..

Last edited:
P. m. S. l. at how this has gone.....much more interesting than the subject matter.......

(p.s. Guns were on the floor and.....both costumes not really suitable for serious shooting.....clay or game......obviously has wanky pr people who also know nothing about shooting.

As for Zoli.....why not give a gun to one of the Olympic junior squad....if they want their brand at the Olympics....there are many 'real' shooters out there with curent talent for shooting Olympic disciplines but who are really struggling to keep going.....(not all talented juniors have rich parents).

I am sure that there are many deserving shooters who cannot afford a great gun....so why give one to someone who can easily afford one......unless you are tying celeb to brand.
don't really want to get into a 'Yes it is, no it isn't ' discussion but Mel's gun is resting on the end of her trainer....take a closer look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha whatever boys. Short uneven chokes then. I suppose the other is resting on the flip flop..... Ah hahahahahahaha.

Love the Boddingtons adverts though....! Classic.

Don't get your trollies in a twist Tarquins...... Ah ha ahhaha

Last edited:
Back