Mel Sykes in the Sunday Express today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please read my post again, "should we all tell her.."

As for reading the entire thread, I did, fell into a coma and had to be resuscitated by my dog...

Please read my post again, "should we all tell her.."

As for reading the entire thread, I did, fell into a coma and had to be resuscitated by my dog...
Read my post again - no has suggested that anyone tell her, let alone all of us. If you have read all the thread, then perhaps you missed the salient parts either during your coma or your canine resuscitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i help at all.....?

Dear Mel,

From one old northern bird to another (although you are in far more better shape than I am :wink: ).

Time to wake up luvy and smell the coffee. People are leading you astray. Stop listening to all this crap that everyone is telling you and lets get down Northern style to the honest truth.

You have not got a chance in hell of making the GB team in time for either Glasgow or Rio 2016. I would eat my Touareg if you did. There are already several girls in the mix who have been training for years, working their gonads off trying to 1) make the GB trap team and then 2) to stay on the team and hope to be sent to an international event where they can try for a quota place in order to get a spot to Rio. Even if you did all this (and i would have died with shock) but even if you did all this.....there would be slim chance that you would get to shoot the quota place that you may win. The quota place is won for the country not the person who won it. It can be taken off you for all types of pathetic reasons (too old, not on form, or face does not fit.....suggest you research Lesley Goddard - it happened to her.)

We only get to shoot at Rio 'if' we win the quota places and this time it is if we win 2 places (yes there will be 2 places for women's OT and OSK at Rio....since the announcement  from Luciano Rossi).

Now if you like your shooting then that is great, fabulous and church bells chime out that we are all behind you and I really hope that in time you can learn to be a cracking shot and enjoy the games played just like we all do ...and we all appreciate the brilliant chances that you may give us all by promoting our fantastic sport by connecting yourself to it. We love that you are loving it too like we all do. But really the hard facts are ... that it takes quite sometime to learn the really difficult shooting games like OT......by the time you get reliably good at it......Rio will have flown past......and then.....you will be too old to be looked at seriously as an Olympic chance for the next one.

I am really sorry but this is the hard truth. You should have started shooting ages ago if you were really interested in Rio. You should have given yourself 3 years of intense training to time yourself to peak at the GB selection shoots for Glasgow 2014 (as a warm up for Rio).  But most the selection shoots have been done now ...there are only two more left to be done in early 2014....so even if you started putting in 23+ scores now on a regular basis...you have still missed to bus.....because you will not have enough shoots to count.

So enjoy your shooting....stick at it.....but stop listening to the crap people are bending your ear with.

As for the husband.....i would look at getting him trained quick or send him down the road .....he is not helping you...whining to the old bill....or posting the daft things on Twitter and facebook.....in my opinion he needs a slap...!

Lots of best wishes and truth....any time you want to check the facts out.......I am your girl.

Nic xx

Last edited:
I think that just about covers what 99% of us are thinking.

Well said northern lass :)

eat my toureg...brilliant

Can i help at all.....?

Dear Mel,

From one old northern bird to another (although you are in far more better shape than I am :wink: ).

Time to wake up luvy and smell the coffee. People are leading you astray. Stop listening to all this crap that everyone is telling you and lets get down Northern style to the honest truth.

You have not got a chance in hell of making the GB team in time for either Glasgow or Rio 2016. I would eat my Touareg if you did. There are already several girls in the mix who have been training for years, working their gonads off trying to 1) make the GB trap team and then 2) to stay on the team and hope to be sent to an international event where they can try for a quota place in order to get a spot to Rio. Even if you did all this (and i would have died with shock) but even if you did all this....
Girls with gonads? I hope the authorities are aware of this....

I think that just about covers what 99% of us are thinking.

Well said northern lass :)

eat my toureg...brilliant
I reckon that's the best thing that Nic has ever posted......brilliant......just saying..........

I reckon that's the best thing that Nic has ever posted......brilliant......just saying..........
Brilliant post indeed so funny! Nicola has written some great post some fun and some in anger but this ranks very high great stuff Nic :biggrin:

Why thank you boys ......it is only the truth :wink:

Mel knows rio is a no no... She was speaking to a friend of mine about it last week. Anyhow, back to her beating her weak arse fella...

We all did :wink: well those who know how it works did anyway :laugh:

Can we focus on real chances now....and real publicity...like Amber who has just won Sportaid....!

Last edited:
Well, I heard she has now given up on the shooting and gone into training with the hope of taking on Tyson Fury now that David Haye has wimped out of his February bout with him........just what I heard, thats all :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye, remember them well. We went to Sealand Manor to watch the Celebs of the day doing battle on the clayfields, it ran it's course and just fizzled out I think.

Old Phil*

Back