Mel Sykes in the Sunday Express today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local ground did a deal for me :)  

£30 for 30 clays

£40 for 50 clays 

Gun / safety gear / tuition  included 

Think i may stay on after the others go, and have a cheeky round of Skeet

Mart

I'm sick about hearing about her and her ridiculous plans to make the Olympic team. Honestly, shooting has much more important (and urgent) topics to discuss.
We all have dreams, and without them the world would be a very sorry place it's just Ms Sykes are in the newspaper.

Unlike ours ..... I say you go girl you dream ..... We all need to have a goals

Are we  seriously going to spurn the likes of Mel Sykes because we fear she is a self seeking publicity junkie entering a sport that has zero profile or cognisance with joe public??

Or should we perhaps welcome the unashamed glamour and sexy image she brings with her which will appeal certainly to many young people out there looking for an accessible sport that doesnt require muscles like Schwarzenegger or the fitness levels of a marathon runner and seems to be fun to participate in??

For gods sake people wake up!! we need the likes of Mel and her male equivalents to bring a breath of renewal and a surge of young people into our sport, there is nothing so alluring as successful people from any walk of showbiz life taking up a sport, they are always copied by those who want some of the stardust to rub off.

Who cares if she makes it to the Olympics although I wish her the very best in her quest, she is getting into the major papers and putting our tired old sport out there (absolute gold dust !!)

Are we  seriously going to spurn the likes of Mel Sykes because we fear she is a self seeking publicity junkie entering a sport that has zero profile or cognisance with joe public??

Or should we perhaps welcome the unashamed glamour and sexy image she brings with her which will appeal certainly to many young people out there looking for an accessible sport that doesnt require muscles like Schwarzenegger or the fitness levels of a marathon runner and seems to be fun to participate in??

For gods sake people wake up!! we need the likes of Mel and her male equivalents to bring a breath of renewal and a surge of young people into our sport, there is nothing so alluring as successful people from any walk of showbiz life taking up a sport, they are always copied by those who want some of the stardust to rub off.

Who cares if she makes it to the Olympics although I wish her the very best in her quest, she is getting into the major papers and putting our tired old sport out there (absolute gold dust !!)
Well said David!

Melanie-Sykes-2067019.jpg

As a male of the species, I prefer the shorts option. They look good on Mel.

Phil*

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sick of hearing about it to be honest but as its been brought up again with regards to that picture well it hardly portrays the correct image of shooting and if we are to be pedantic it sure ain't cpsa or issf regulation dress. If your going to promote the sport and not yourself then at least have the courtesy to dress in the proper attire, i am as red blooded as the next man but in this context that picture is ridiculous IMO

Ps

barrels rested on ground, that's a good idea ... Not.

The one of her in the shorts ain't that great whether we are on about shooting or something else, not sure where or why that photo was taken it certainly didn't look like they had been shooting!! But the other one she looks very smart, and marks out of ten, I would give her one!!

Pretty sick of hearing about it to be honest but as its been brought up again with regards to that picture well it hardly portrays the correct image of shooting and if we are to be pedantic it sure ain't cpsa or issf regulation dress. If your going to promote the sport and not yourself then at least have the courtesy to dress in the proper attire, i am as red blooded as the next man but in this context that picture is ridiIve seen plenty of Trap
Gawd almighty IPS no wonder we are viewed as an archaic old farts sport!!!!!

Haha!

She still looks hot wearing the black I think!

Good for her at the end of the day, and some positive media coverage of the sport to boot. :)

Why don't we just let her get on with her shooting. She is doing no harm that's for sure. Good luck to her.

Sent from my mobile that's my excuse for typos and errors.

By hec as she got them trollies on rate way round. Leave her alone. She could show me what to do with my flake any day of the week.  Mind you London pride is miles better than that Boddingtons crap. Happen as not likely as maybe. (must be said with Mancunian accent)

Back