Taking a gun from the rack without permission

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is the one with the knackered zip........which is invariably in the car anyway. 

It certainly does make you think. You feel like you're in a safe environment amongst like minded people but I guess nothing is truly sacred these days!

I feel sorry for those with the blue Beretta gunslips. How you work out which one in yours is beyond me.....  :D
Your never safe in any environment, if you relax and are off guard that is what they target ! them days are gone a long time ago when you can trust like minded people. I only feel sorry for the people that have a Beretta  :wink:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is the one with the knackered zip........which is invariably in the car anyway. 
So it's YOU that keeps slapping me round me ears with a bloomin stock, is it  ???      :eek:

Your never safe in any environment, if you relax and are off guard that is what they target ! them days are gone a long time ago when you can trust like minded people. I only feel sorry for the people that have a Beretta  :wink:  
At least they know it's NOT going to get knicked though  !      :D

So it's YOU that keeps slapping me round me ears with a bloomin stock, is it  ???      :eek:

At least they know it's NOT going to get knicked though  !      :D
A lot of criminals are stupid i would not put it pass them to steel a Beretta ! 

It really is very worrying how many guns are now going astray , especially on Gameshoots , where beverages are consumed.

Recent event involved two similar guns being incorrectly identified and picked up to go home with , one went to Northeast  other went to Blandford .

It involved both parties meeting up again a couple of days later in the Midlands.

BASC , NGO and Guns on Pegs have recently highlighted the consequences of alcohol consumption , may result in the loss of driving licence and shotgun certificate.

We always need to be responsible .

"BASC , NGO and Guns on Pegs have recently highlighted the consequences of alcohol consumption , may result in the loss of driving licence and shotgun certificate"

If you can't moderate or abstain from excess alcohol when shooting you shouldn't be in charge of a gun...probably half the reason there is so many game shooting incidents.

That is the problem, they cannot moderate or shoot , but they can make money to pay for all their overindulgence.

A couple of syndicates local to us are well renowned for being over indulgent with alcohol when out shooting. So much so that even people that don't shoot know they clean Tescos out of slow gin ready for a shoot day, they also aren't shy of posting pictures on Facebook with them all drinking numerous bottles of Stella.  All of them wealthy farmers and business owners that just can't control there intake. Disgraceful really and gives the rest of us a bad name.

A couple of syndicates local to us are well renowned for being over indulgent with alcohol when out shooting. So much so that even people that don't shoot know they clean Tescos out of slow gin ready for a shoot day, they also aren't shy of posting pictures on Facebook with them all drinking numerous bottles of Stella.  All of them wealthy farmers and business owners that just can't control there intake. Disgraceful really and gives the rest of us a bad name.
I am surprised that the police have not given the syndicates mentioned a surprise visit after the shooting has finished and refreshments taken as they leave for home. This would certainly lead to a few prosecutions and revoked  shotgun certificates if there is any truth in the allegations. 

I am surprised that the police have not given the syndicates mentioned a surprise visit after the shooting has finished and refreshments taken as they leave for home. This would certainly lead to a few prosecutions and revoked  shotgun certificates if there is any truth in the allegations. 
Probably rolled up trouser legs and secret handshakes.

Probably rolled up trouser legs and secret handshakes.
Perhaps this would be the case.

Then again there would be a lot of media interest in this issue and the arresting officers would gain a fair amount of kudos from their superiors. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to simply sweep things under the carpet and a high profile incident like this would have to be acted upon.

There is plenty anecdotal evidence up this way to suggest that police are targeting vehicles, especially muddy ones, that are spotted leaving estates on shooting days. I have personal experience of this. I was stopped on the pretext that the police could not read my rear registration plate on my car. After a brief discussion I was sent on my way with the instruction to get it cleaned.

A lot of criminals are stupid i would not put it pass them to steel a Beretta ! 
Or to even steal a Beretta for that matter  

And just what is this thing that Limeys have with gin, anyway?  I have to admit that willful consumption of gin has been a mystery to me for decades.   

That is the problem, they cannot moderate or shoot , but they can make money to pay for all their overindulgence.
AND a Chauffeur no doubt   !

WHAT Police   ?

Or to even steal a Beretta for that matter  

And just what is this thing that Limeys have with gin, anyway?  I have to admit that willful consumption of gin has been a mystery to me for decades.   
In the shooting field it is Sloe Gin, Charlie.  Not quite as fast as yer average Gin  !

All the rage at the moment designer gins. The distillers have just figured out that it take a minimum of three years to make anything you want to call Scotch Whisky and a lot longer to make a really good quality Malt possibly using some of the empty barrels from  Kentucky ... whereas these shysters that are making gin can knock the stuff out in no time and charge an exorbitant price for some flavoured spirt! Ah but with some of them its a slice of apple with other you simply must have a slice of cucumber... what a lot of artificial shoite!! 

WHAT Police   ?
Mention drink driving and firearms in the same sentence and then see the police response. If you are saying that this would not be given priority over their other duties then you are mistaken. If you are saying that there are not enough police officers on the beat then you are probably right. Given this is the case, the police cannot do anything other than make this top priority.

Mention drink driving and firearms in the same sentence and then see the police response. If you are saying that this would not be given priority over their other duties then you are mistaken. If you are saying that there are not enough police officers on the beat then you are probably right. Given this is the case, the police cannot do anything other than make this top priority.
You are classed as a irresponsible person  if you drink and drive, so your gun  licence will be revoked. 

If the police have credible intelligence regarding a person drink driving while in possession of a firearm then it is inconceivable that they would not respond. That person would be arrested, their guns confiscated and their certificate revoked. This is irresponsible behaviour of the first order and the police would regard the prosecution of this individual and the loss of the SGC as a result for them and a deterrent to other irresponsible types. 

I think we are digressing a little bit off the OP.

Last weekend I had the misfortune to see two guns in identical Beretta gunslips mixed up and 'lost ' (subsequently after much drama sorted out), then blow me down the next day (Sunday ) three guns mislaid . One of which was just left on a stand and completely forgotten about  + three gunslips and two coats lost in various parts of the shooting ground . Final incredulous act was seeing individuals cleaning their guns on the dining tables whilst others were eating .

Thank you Great Britain for a fabulous education system, I look forward to being guided by these future Politicians and Prime Ministers. :eek:

"The distillers have just figured out that it take a minimum of three years to make anything you want to call Scotch Whisky and a lot longer to make a really good quality Malt possibly using some of the empty barrels from  Kentucky ... whereas these shysters that are making gin can knock the stuff out in no time and charge an exorbitant price for some flavoured spirt!"

Yes 1600 and something is pretty recent  :lol:

Latest posts

Back