hull superfast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£160 gets us into Olympics and power blue and top one and superfast etc etc etc territory, £220 and were into VIP and super comp and some super doper Italian stuff. So personally I would put the cut off for really top notch loads at £220 or at the very least £210
Power blue are a class above the other three you mention there.. The Rios for £160 do everything I could ask of a cartridge, money aside..

I am not disagreeing with you BUT there a bit new at the moment so time will tell if there are any inconsistency issues in the future. I agree though I have shot a couple of hundred and they are very good for the money, can we have some 24g power blues though please Marcus, thank you.

For those yet to try them Edgar Bros are marketing Nobel Sport NSI cartridges in various guises, 21, 24, 28 gram plastic & fibre, budget and premium grade .

I have only tried the budget 28gram plastic wad, but I do have to say that I am very impressed.
Get a box or two of NSI Dimond and let me know what you think. Cut one open and see the funky 'collapseable' wad...tight pattern!!!

Biggest issue I find is buying the darn things I have a slab of superfast to use up then ill be looking for something else in 8

I have put 9000 Hull Superfast through my CG Summit since February.

Every single one has gone 'BANG' and my scores are slowly improving.

Not sure that it's too much of a problem that they are only available in 7.5. They totally smoke 15 yard rabbits and a 50 yard crow (when I hit them) :)

Problem at the moment appears to be that Hull is not making enough of them! My local ran out when I went to buy 3000, They only had 1750 left. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you travel much?  PRobably more down to what's left from the last order I have developed a recoil issue since shooting superfast (not as many as you!) but there are other shells for similar money I shot Hull intercomp today they are pretty good as are Express power blue come in more sizes (try some 8's)

I too have used several thousand Superfast over the last 12 months. I have never been a cartridge Connoisseur really but did have some issues with the Comp X and as a result took some persuading to try the Superfast. I had used a lot of Hull game cartridges and never had any problems with them. I can only say that I have been shooting quite well with the Superfast and using 1/4 choke in both barrels, they are blitzing clays. I have used around 150 through my recently aquired Beretta 303 auto without a problem and again with 1/4 choke (all Briley) that is also dusting clays. I have been suprised at how clean my guns are even after some 150 cartridges. They are really quick and easy to clean and put away. I do not really care about shot size, more how the cartridge performs in my gun and to date the Superfast are winning hands down on reliability, performance but most of all PRICE. 

Do you travel much?  PRobably more down to what's left from the last order I have developed a recoil issue since shooting superfast (not as many as you!) but there are other shells for similar money I shot Hull intercomp today they are pretty good as are Express power blue come in more sizes (try some 8's)
My local stockist may have just been running out but I will phone before I try dropping in on him again to buy!

Well I shot 100 of the Express HV 24g last weekend on the sporting layout at Brookbank, and there wasn't so much as a mark on my shoulder, whereas normally after 50 you can see I've done it.

There wasn't a bird I didn't break at least once (Hit 4 out of 5 of the crosser off the telehandler - surprising myself!) , and I came away having hit 60 (Good for me).

Think I might stick with them for a while.

Well I shot 100 of the Express HV 24g last weekend on the sporting layout at Brookbank, and there wasn't so much as a mark on my shoulder, whereas normally after 50 you can see I've done it.

There wasn't a bird I didn't break at least once (Hit 4 out of 5 of the crosser off the telehandler - surprising myself!) , and I came away having hit 60 (Good for me).

Think I might stick with them for a while.
Chris where did you get them? i was at brook bank last weekend but shooting Hull intercomp 24g which is what they had for sale at the ground.....

Sorry haven't replied sooner, internet has been off!

I get them from Mole Valley, but they don't stock them in Bridgwater branch for some reason. I work down in South Molton so I get them from the South Molton store.

It was my first time there. If they hadn't allowed me to use my own I'd have tried some of their own 24g.

I was in Scotland last Month and shot quite a lot of Superfast (ca.600) over three days, broke the clays ok but what a mess they left in the gun.

When I got home I had to use a bronze brush to clean the plastic from the barrels. I´ve used many different makes before but have not had a bild up of plastic in the barrels before.

I was in Scotland last Month and shot quite a lot of Superfast (ca.600) over three days, broke the clays ok but what a mess they left in the gun.

When I got home I had to use a bronze brush to clean the plastic from the barrels. I´ve used many different makes before but have not had a bild up of plastic in the barrels before.
Strange, I find them quite clean compared to others I have used.

Never have a spec left from any of the Hull shells.
I use superfast for practice and ProOnes for competitions.

PIcked up some carts today and noticed they had an Express power red 27g plaswad supposed to be very fast..... seemed a direct copy of the superfast load ??? I did what i said i wouldn't and bought eley.... :crazy: but at £155 a thou they are cheaper than superfast 

Still using Hull Superfast no problems with them at all! Must have shot 20K plus through my DT11 no miss fires. Tried the Pro Ones great shell but just costs more than the Superfast. Think they are for sale at £155 a thousand at Longridge.

They`re a good shell for the money !

Still havn`t found anything they won`t break(if I can hit it !).

The Superfast are an excellent cartridge, but it can be a bit hit or miss getting them. Ended up with Fiocchi cartridges last month. Having tried the 2 brands as a direct comparison, the Hull win hands down. Although the Fiocchi broke clays well enough, they were far dirtier than the Superfast. So, if you think Superfast are dirty, do NOT buy Fiocchi. 

Weird as I haven't found any fiocchi or indeed super fast dirty at all. We're they fibre you tried westley. ?

Back