hull superfast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot them back to back with pro ones I couldn't tell the difference to be honest both smoke anything close in

Friend of mine filled my pocket with about 20 superfast today, I shot them at abt and I must say I was quite impressed with them all be it a short test of less than a box. Very little recoil no muzzle flip good breaks clean burn couldnt really tell what the speed was like but they hit abt targets no problem. I may try a full slab however its a pity they dont do a 24g or do they do a similar model in 24g ?

Don't think there is at the same price point Ian.  Superfast are Hulls version of Gamebores Velocities.  

The choice in the range is ............. take 'em or leave 'em.  No size variants.

Hulls' budget 24gm is the Comp X.  Bit slower I think.

Thats a shame as I would like to try a new cartridge brand just for the fun of it but I need a make and model that are available in 24 and 28

Superfast are 27g 7.5 plas/fibre or 29g 6 plas/fibre iirc only, I shot a slab of express power blue at DTL a couple of quid more a slab but much wider choice of shot size and load.

I shot a few of the Express Blues Fibre at Manchester a few weeks ago.  Quite impressed with them.

If there was someone locally that sold them I would be tempted to give them a long term test because of the variety of sizes in the range.

Power blue ?

Yes there very good but no 24g

Personal experience I found the HV 28g 7.5 plastic wad horrible to shoot. Used them at the Met Police charity shoot at West London shooting school last month. For some reason dirty and loads of smoke after each shot. Previously used HV 24g 9s for OSK and they were completely different?.. Go figure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me a snob BUT there only 2% antimony and I am led to believe that a minimum of 3% (and really you need 5%) antimony thingie is required to get anything like a good score, even though few of us had even heard of antimony until recently, so goodness knows what we were shooting to good effect with 20 yrs ago?

Please insert a tongue in cheek smiley thingie and also a sarcastic smiley thingie just for good measure. Many thanks.

Personal experience I found the HV 28g 7.5 plastic wad horrible to shoot. Used them at the Met Police charity shoot at West London shooting school last month. For some reason dirty and loads of smoke after each shot. Previously used HV 24g 9s for OSK and they were completely different?.. Go figure!
Having read this thread again it sounds like there are possible batch issues (as is the case with many / most loads) some reports of very smooth (incl me but I only shot a box) and some reports of poor burn by the sounds of it.

Maybe it is impossible and somewhat naive of us to expect a consistent cartridge for less than £220 ??

I find the best anti-moany element is a low price. :)
Ha yes.

I must say I cant remember ever missing a target and thinking to myself "if only I had 3% antimony thingie more I would have hit that"

:)

Under £160 maybe..
£160 gets us into Olympics and power blue and top one and superfast etc etc etc territory, £220 and were into VIP and super comp and some super doper Italian stuff. So personally I would put the cut off for really top notch loads at £220 or at the very least £210

For those yet to try them Edgar Bros are marketing Nobel Sport NSI cartridges in various guises, 21, 24, 28 gram plastic & fibre, budget and premium grade .

I have only tried the budget 28gram plastic wad, but I do have to say that I am very impressed.

Back