hull superfast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just bought a slab of these but yet to try them as only just got the gun back from surgery.

Interested to know your thoughts Ian once you've tried them.  I'm told less thumpy that the Velocities I've been using but slightly more than CompX that I switched to, but I'll confirm that shortly.  Assuming this bleedin' wind dies down soon that is.

Phil

Will try and get some for this weekend assuming my neck is ok that is, I will report back would also be interested in your findings.

There's a review of the Hull SuperFast in the latest Clay Shooting magazine. Seemed a positive review (ever seen a bad one?) and they're working for me in DTL at the moment.

Cheers but dont get that mag. A scan would be good ;)

I''ve picked up a couple of boxes if these in fibre, some comp x 28 gram also in fibre and some special pigeon 32 gram 6's to try and compare to gamebore velocities. Found a local shop that stocks a lot of hull.

Switched to these last year having shot Hull Sovereign FITASC for years. No difference when it comes to breaking clays, but £75 per 1000 cheaper.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Here are the pics, hopefully of good enough quality to read.....
amuqudyp.jpg
e8yhu5y8.jpg
qepaju7a.jpg
3a8atyru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great many thanks will read it tonight. Cheers.

I tried some of my hull special pigeon today and also had some high pheasant for the end of the game season.

So far I have liked all the hull stuff, found it to be really smooth and comfortable to shoot, the game stuff is quite a lot better to shoot than the gamebore offerings. I have always been a gamebore fan, but I must say if the comp x or super fast turn my head away from my gamebore velocities I will solely be a hull shooter. Biggest problem is finding dealers, but luckily found a chap down the road from work that stocks quite a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a review of the Hull SuperFast in the latest Clay Shooting magazine. Seemed a positive review (ever seen a bad one?) and they're working for me in DTL at the moment.
Thats very true it seems every cartridge will smoke a 60 yard edge on battue with cyl choke.

Managed to get out in the field yesterday afternoon once the wind had died down.

First time in shooting the superfast 27g in fibre. Very impressed overall. Not too much recoil but enough to make you smile

Shot some DTL today and currently enjoying shooting it with SuperFast cartridges. However when I went to reload after dispatching a clay, I found the cartridge I'd picked wouldn't drop into the chamber, so rather than forcing it in I dropped it in my pocket to look at later.

Having got some light onto it this evening, it looks like the plastic wad hadn't been loaded properly. A couple of photos below to show what I mean.
ate5uhe4.jpg
4uvy3apu.jpg

Just wondered how often people have found this with their cartridges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shot several thousand of these cartridges and all without a problem. The other guys in the group that I shoot with all use them too and as far as I am aware, they have had no problems either.

I just bought a thousand of these as i had run out of gamebore and they were on a good deal locally £160 for a thousand 27g 7.5 plas. Thumpy and dirty but break clays. i did see some oddities tho, like bits of plaswad breaking off and landing just in front of me? as eley are rumoured to be dropping the olympics i thought they might be a good alternative. NOt as nice to shoot as the old stock Supergems i have just used up. But at 16p a bang though they are good value.

After the Olympics seem to be discontinued , I decided to buy a slab of these superfasts. 

Quite like them! Going to buy another slab this weekend now! All being well, they may become my regular cart now. 

Shot some DTL today and currently enjoying shooting it with SuperFast cartridges. However when I went to reload after dispatching a clay, I found the cartridge I'd picked wouldn't drop into the chamber, so rather than forcing it in I dropped it in my pocket to look at later. Having got some light onto it this evening, it looks like the plastic wad hadn't been loaded properly. A couple of photos below to show what I mean. 
This problem is not unique as it does occur on every cartridge make out there; you can't produce a billion shells a year and not have the odd imperfection, it needn't even be the machine that's responsible but more likely the wad was misshaped to begin with and somehow just got loaded.

Latest posts

Back