hull superfast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am most of the way through the slab of these that I bought, and although they do the job, I can't tell any difference to the Comp X I have switched to other than the Comp X are a lot smoother/softer.

The quoted difference in speed is not noticeable to me, but I shoot sporting mainly.  I don't know if a dedicated trap shooter will be able to notice the difference?  Perhaps.

I am most of the way through the slab of these that I bought, and although they do the job, I can't tell any difference to the Comp X I have switched to other than the Comp X are a lot smoother/softer.

The quoted difference in speed is not noticeable to me, but I shoot sporting mainly.  I don't know if a dedicated trap shooter will be able to notice the difference?  Perhaps.
I haven't tried compX at trap superfast work but are thumpy and dirty.

I haven't tried compX at trap superfast work but are thumpy and dirty.
Got to be worth a try.  

I haven't found the Comp X dirty, not that this matters to me - I clean the gun after each outing regardless.

well they may be put an isis pad on the gun and shoot anything.....
I've just had the ISIS recoil reducer fitted (with the standard green pad on the back) so can shoot any, but I still like the Comp X's.

That said, I've yet to try the Fio....watsits Top Ones.  Apparently they are quite smooth?

I shot a few slabs of top one some time ago (years) didn't seem that smooth at the time it was them or Victory Compaks... CompX arent my favourite but with a full isis should feel like shooting a BB gun with any clay load...

I pay 153.80 for my superfast plastic. Price has never changed since I have been going

Now that I've got the ISIS on the back, I've gone back to the Gamebore Velocities.

It may be all in my bonce, but my shooting has taken a dive since changing cartridges and setup.  Set up was changed to fit me better so only other thing I can change back is the carts.

Time will tell.  Could just be taking a while to get used to the ISIS of course?

Now that I've got the ISIS on the back, I've gone back to the Gamebore Velocities.

It may be all in my bonce, but my shooting has taken a dive since changing cartridges and setup.  Set up was changed to fit me better so only other thing I can change back is the carts.

Time will tell.  Could just be taking a while to get used to the ISIS of course?
Whoa! Gun now fits better? Hmmm.. Better? Or somebody says its better? Even if it IS better, it is now a different gun and will take time to relearn it. (Forget anything to do with cartridges)

I'm a big believer that to a certain level (mine especially) that cartridge choice has very little impact on the scores. There isn't a cartridge out there that would improve my scores. So all I look for in a cartridge is for it to be as cheap as possible and as enjoyable to shoot as possible. So i look for cheap as chips, smooth and readily available in plastic and fibre. Job done!

Whoa! Gun now fits better? Hmmm.. Better? Or somebody says its better? Even if it IS better, it is now a different gun and will take time to relearn it. (Forget anything to do with cartridges)
Will, it was a RH stock now neutralised (I'm a LH'er) and the ISIS put on the back.

It definitely fits better, but it is as you say, I am now learning effectively a new gun.  Nipped out today to my local non reg ground and the scores are coming back up again - 40 ex 50.

As for the cartridges, I always liked the Velocities, but changed to CompX after my back op because they were softer.  Then I had the ISIS fitted and now the 'thump' no longer matters because I don't feel it, so I've gone back to the Velocities.

I'm a big believer that to a certain level (mine especially) that cartridge choice has very little impact on the scores. There isn't a cartridge out there that would improve my scores. So all I look for in a cartridge is for it to be as cheap as possible and as enjoyable to shoot as possible. So i look for cheap as chips, smooth and readily available in plastic and fibre. Job done!
I agree Martin, which is why I went for the Velocities in the first place way back when.  And why I have now gone back to them.

Have shot velocity for a while and had some great kills most memorable being last stand black course at the essex shot all first barrel kills using muller U2 but they do thump a bit! My usual supplier had run out of velocity he said try these clever mirage cheaper and better pattern with no kick he was correct on the no kick and had some good kills but found some velocity to shoot the world later this week sure it's all in the head but sometimes you question is there better for the price?

Hull Super Fast (fibre) pretty good in the second barrel for DTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have put 4500 of the Superfast Plastic 27g's and about 500 of the fibre equivalents through the gun in the past 4 months. All went bang and some of them even hit clays!

Was using fioccis but I like the orange box of the hulls! :)

Just started using the fibre load,very impressed by them,certainly the best budget shell I`ve tried to date.

My criteria for clay cartridges is cheap, fibre wad at my locals, and doesn't knock my shoulder all to hell. (I've got no 'natural padding' and a fairly light gun)

Bought a slab of Express English Sporters first , which seemed ok, then tried a slab of FOB/Viri Viper, which I found a bit uncomfortable, then on to the Hull Superfast that I can get from the ground per box for the equivalent of £180/thou (They don't stock Hull at work). Probably used 2 slabs worth of them.

Tried another slab of the Express (as I can get them from work £170/thou with my discount) now I have more perspective on it,  but have decided that I prefer the Hulls.

I might try some of the Express HV 24g, which I can get for £190/thou, but otherwise I think I'll be sticking with the Superfast.

Express power blue 8 are my new fav but pricier than superfast but nicer to shoot IMO

BTW can I have some discount?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back