CPSA Premier League 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is quite a bit of info on the CPSA web page which includes a link to these events terms and conditions, they seem to have covered most things, might get all brave and try one or two myself.

There is quite a bit of info on the CPSA web page which includes a link to these events terms and conditions, they seem to have covered most things, might get all brave and try one or two myself.
Rich. This is roughly the time it will take you from Churchills to these other grounds. As you know where this is.

West London Shooting School 20 mins. Bisley 45mins. Southdown 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Owls lodge not sure never been there.

If you fancy some company your more than welcome to come with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich. This is roughly the time it will take you from Churchills to these other grounds. As you know where this is.

West London Shooting School 20 mins. Bisley 45mins. Southdown 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Owls lodge not sure never been there.

If you fancy some company your more than welcome to come with me.
Owls is closer than EJC for me, pleasant ground, not as big as EJC, would imagine it'll be rammed that last day, as for the others Southdown looks too far for me but the rest looks promising, thanks for the offer will catch up closer to the dates.

It's like the USA with their national competition called the "World Series"in baseball.

Great idea, will be better when it can more convincingly include the whole of the UK.

God I love this sport and the people who take part in it. Firstly well done Richard for getting this off the ground, probably not the easiest thing to achieve in the hallowed halls of HQ, secondly, I would imagine this will develop over time and will be extended to other grounds round the country, but for now it's limited to the ones in the South East of England. At least the CPSA are trying an initiative to boost shooting, so let's try and support it as much as possible before deriding it :) for the doubters, not all small acorns turn in to squirrel sh!t...

Never thought I would agree with something deershooter said
Completely agree with Mad matt

You have to start somewhere. Trial an idea first see what works what does not work.

All the championships are centered around the midlands, nothing down here at all.

So do all the moaners on here want everything up North or may be do as we do - travel.

The English open sporting is 140 miles from the Midlands at John Bidwells place , skeet at Bisley 135 miles , Dtl at Bywell 180 miles

And ALL THE CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE CENTERED AROUND THE MIDLANDS ?

Don't think so

Totally agree with Madmatt, this is the first go at this, no doubt it will evolve and hopefully expand. Let's for once try and be positive and support it. Well done to Richard and the CPSA for setting it up.

Deershooter.

At the end of the day these are just registered shoots with something else attached. These are not championships such as the other shoots such as the British / English / etc .

Registered shoots happen all over the country so why should they not happen down here.

If you want to shoot these registered shoots shoot them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is all the winging coming from up north, no wonder all the shoots are south :girlcrazy:

I agree it’s a great initiative, the more the better for our sport. :nyam:
I was disappointed not to have seen a ground from the midlands / north involved in the beginning however this may not have been worked for various reasons, much that I’m not privy too.
I don’t shot at the grounds listed, based on their distance from home hub, however to be part of & representing a more local ground (within 100 miles) I would have travelled to compete at them.
I travel a lot now on a regular basis as possible, taking in all the majors I can, and the not so little fella up and down the country shooting OSK & sporting
I hope it succeeds and we have a rapid expansion over the next few seasons at it, after all we can’t let the South take all the glory :hunter:

I am liking the idea of this but I do live in Berks .. Especially always wanted to try West London Shooting School. Used to have breakfast there and then trundle down to where the middle class can afford to shoot (AC Sporting Targets).

Am I thick (deershooter don't answer that) but you have to shoot 3 to be eligible for a prize so that's 3 x £40 entry total £120 plus £5 registration and you get to win possibly if your number 1 gods gift £175, its a a bit tight if you ask me. 

Look at Mr Lovatts prizes £1000 down to £100 for 10th place in your class.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. For our friends north of Watford I did approach some of our Premier Grounds in the Midlands when I first started planning this but the interest wasn't there at the time so continued with those that wanted to be involved then. Distance is an issue so it might not have been practical for people to travel 2-3 hours to a registered shoot, unlike a championship! However, there's no reason why we couldn't look at a second series running simultaneously next year at Premier Grounds in the Midlands/North with a super final held somewhere between the two divisions :spiteful:  

Just to clarify one thing, it is the best 3 scores to count so if you can't make all 5 shoots then you are still in the running for a share in the overall prize pot but if you are not in a team then you are only competing for the prize pot at each fixture.

For those of us who need all the help we can get, I'll shoot as many as I can so I can put my best 3 forward!

So just because I am thick and Deershooter can verify that if he wishes - I can just turn up like any old registered without pre booking if I choose,  to shoot all five shoots.

Chubby - there is a prize fund generated by the entries at each shoot as per normal rules of a registered competition and the grounds may be adding to that fund. The League prize fund is in addition to these!

Hi Sian - yes, no problem! But you will only be competing for the prize fund at that shoot if you haven't signed up for one of the teams.

Back