CPSA Premier League 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you RichW1234 for that and thank you for thinking that I might seriously be any good to be part of the team.  I will leave team places to those that stand a chance and just enjoy as registered.   Should be fun.

Don't forget there is a handicap applied to each of the Classes so if you are in B Class you get +10 applied to each of your scores in the League and C Class +15   :money:

Go for it.....

So I don't need to register then as i can shoot as an individual with a +10 bird handicap whoop

Thanks for the feedback everyone. For our friends north of Watford I did approach some of our Premier Grounds in the Midlands when I first started planning this but the interest wasn't there at the time so continued with those that wanted to be involved then. Distance is an issue so it might not have been practical for people to travel 2-3 hours to a registered shoot, unlike a championship! However, there's no reason why we couldn't look at a second series running simultaneously next year at Premier Grounds in the Midlands/North with a super final held somewhere between the two divisions :spiteful:  

Just to clarify one thing, it is the best 3 scores to count so if you can't make all 5 shoots then you are still in the running for a share in the overall prize pot but if you are not in a team then you are only competing for the prize pot at each fixture.

For those of us who need all the help we can get, I'll shoot as many as I can so I can put my best 3 forward!
Thanks for the info Rich.

Like I said, it's a great idea, and I hope something similar could be done further up the country.

I hope it's a success.

Each shoot is a normal registered shoot that anybody in CPSA can enter. You don't need to be in a club team. So limitless entries possible.
I just called EJ Churchills to try clarifying how to book on as they are hosting the first round. I was told there are only 50 places on the day and you book a place through the CPSA website. From what I read that CPSA registration link was to assign yourself to one of the 5 Club teams to be eligible for the overall prize pot. But the suggestion was that I should book on to the event via the CPSA website as well. So now I am now proper confused.com.

RichW1234 can you clarify - is this link https://championships.cpsa.co.uk/overview/77 for registering for the EJ Churchill Club Team or registering to shoot the event (or even both)?

3.2 Clubs/Grounds must 3.2.1 apply the competitor eligibility rules to their team members 3.2.2 host a 100 bird English Sporting registered fixture at which normal CPSA competition rules will apply 3.2.3 permit non-team members who are members of the CPSA to enter regardless of whether they are part of the teams or not.

There are 50 team places, other than that a normal registered shoot as I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with TipTop - you have a team as such for your club but CPSA members have the right to attend as an ordinary registered shoot.

Sounds logical but not the message I got. I am not that bothered about shooting for a club as no association other than BSG where I sometimes shoot Ling Siberia in the winter.

I will email EJC and see if I get more sense.

P1Fanatic - I asked further up in the thread if I could just shoot all five if I wanted to as registered and the response from RichW123 was yes.

Hi Sian - so have you booked onto the first round at EJC and if so how? The message I got on the phone was that only 50 shooters can attend and you book in via the CPSA link. To me the CPSA link is only for registering as part of a 50 man team for one of the five hosting clubs. But I can only go on what I was told on the phone.

Thanks

Simon

All 5 shoots are normal registered shoots - normal entry fee - normal prize money for the registered - classes apply - no need to pre book - birds only if you wish.

You only have to pay the £5 to the CPSA to join / register with any of the 5 clubs to be eligible for the extra prize money.

So attached to this is a interclub shoot - consisting of 5 clubs - 50 members per club eligible for extra prize money / raffle / etc / prize for best club result.

Your best 3 scores from the 5 shoots count.

Hope this helps.

As Rosso says is how I understand it. And to clarify a point that Chubby made, the handicap extra points awarded to A,B and C class are surely only for the inter club league calculations. They don't actually get added to your CPSA registered score.

Hi Simon

Rosso and Will are spot on. You can shoot any of these shoots as an independent registered competition so no need to book with the grounds, they are not squadded so just turn up on the day but if you sign up for one of the teams a handicap will then be applied to your score (unless you are AA) and this score is then used towards the overall League positions. You need to shoot a minimum of 3 of the events to be eligible for a share of the overall prize pot as it is your best 3 scores which count!

C'mon Team Bisley!!!

Hi Sian - so have you booked onto the first round at EJC and if so how? The message I got on the phone was that only 50 shooters can attend and you book in via the CPSA link. To me the CPSA link is only for registering as part of a 50 man team for one of the five hosting clubs. But I can only go on what I was told on the phone.

Thanks

Simon
My understanding is I just roll up as normal for a registered shoot and do not have to pre-book at all. 

Just read RichW1234's response above after I posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sian - why don't you sign up for West London as your nearest team. If nothing else, you'll get a free WLSS cap which is worth a fiver on it's own!!

"Sian - why don't you sign up for West London as your nearest team. If nothing else, you'll get a free WLSS cap which is worth a fiver on it's own!!"

Stop laughing Chubby.   It is probably not the best attitude but I don't really care about being part of a team in all honesty.  As i have stated my score will not be among the top ten so I am of no use to a team in that respect.  I am really interested to see how this pans out and how many team members each ground gets.   I look forward to the shoots and hope to make all of them.

Sian, Richard said above that team members are handicapped. If there is a handicap system in place then it doesn't matter how you shoot compared to the others but only to you and your handicap

Back