Come along and help a struggling ground...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"What also needs to be addressed in these circumstances is the estate agents and solicitors not picking up on such things" these people will know and have no interest in anything but lining there own pockets for the solicitor a double whammy as he may get the work involving the ground.

Again all about money and as far as i can see the only people that should be defending our sport that has any is the CPSA and when there is no shooting grounds laft there will be no CPSA so they need to pull there finger out!

I don't know how this works in the way of fees... so if i say make a complaiin about a noisy activitycand want it stopped. Do I pay or is it just the person/ organisation defending the complaint.?
In the particular case that I know of,  it cost the Complainant the cost of a phone call and perhaps the odd stamp or Email.  It cost the Defendant (ie;- the Shooting Ground) in excess of £30,000 (and this was cheap !). This was solely the cost for noise readings and Solicitors, it does NOT reflect the loss of business, due to early closure or the cost of works undertaken to attempt to reduce the noise.  They were advised by Council representatives to install earth banks, prior to noise readings being taken. These later had to be removed because the Council Planning Department did not give their permission for the work to be carried out. They lost the skeet and DTL layouts.  You could not make this up !  It only took one person to complain, even though the ground had been operating for over 10 years, but it took a petition of thousands and a lot of money to allow the ground to continue under a complete set of new restrictions. The hidden agenda, the Complainant wanted to open a riding centre ????

In the particular case that I know of,  it cost the Complainant the cost of a phone call and perhaps the odd stamp or Email.  It cost the Defendant (ie;- the Shooting Ground) in excess of £30,000 (and this was cheap !). This was solely the cost for noise readings and Solicitors, it does NOT reflect the loss of business, due to early closure or the cost of works undertaken to attempt to reduce the noise.  They were advised by Council representatives to install earth banks, prior to noise readings being taken. These later had to be removed because the Council Planning Department did not give their permission for the work to be carried out. They lost the skeet and DTL layouts.  You could not make this up !  It only took one person to complain, even though the ground had been operating for over 10 years, but it took a petition of thousands and a lot of money to allow the ground to continue under a complete set of new restrictions. The hidden agenda, the Complainant wanted to open a riding centre ????
exactly Wes, the whole system is wrong!

rent the feild next to the riding centre plant something and set a gas gun/scarer to go off every ten minutes....i will happily donate! beat them at there own game ;) petty i know but some sort of retribution!

surely if it is proved there was a business motive for the complaint and the compainant had not divulged this can they not be sued or something for misrepresentation/fraud and the ground claim costs?

isn't this the sort of thing the CPSA should be investigating?

the way it seems to me is the law is all about angles if you have the right one you win.

as another thought surely the grounds could try setting up crowdfunding for there costs,i am sure many people would donate just out of principle no matter where it was?

ok i live in a connerbation and the police helicopter is a pain in the ass...does that mean i can sue the police? of course it doesn't about time some sane judge oversaw a test case and told all these W****** to get F***** and put up with it like us average joes!!

whats the bettin g they would then use the airfeild after suing it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back