8 / 9 March shooting and beyond....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done to you as well Mike,your still on a roll.

There was some tricky combos there today,really didn't think my score would hold up to be honest.

I got there early and didn't have to much of a problem with queues, was done and dusted and on my way to Weston wood just after 11.30.I think you were stood outside just as i was about to leave.

Well done to you as well Mike,your still on a roll.

There was some tricky combos there today,really didn't think my score would hold up to be honest.

I got there early and didn't have to much of a problem with queues, was done and dusted and on my way to Weston wood just after 11.30.I think you were stood outside just as i was about to leave.
I know a few B class shooters who struggled today sop well done!! I bet it was a nice surprise to see your name at the top of your class.
Thanks if you had seen me shoot the pool before i started it was a different story! I had to have three goes before i started finding the longer target! I shot a side by side comp yesterday and it needs totally different sight pictures than my o/u.

You should have said hi as i have no idea what you look like! We were waiting for someone who got lost getting there :) . I do wish we had started earlier as the breeze got up all morning. I thought that there were very few easy targets and even the sim pair of close incomers needs some thought and i dropped one of them.

Glorious weather and shot in a polo shirt, which was so nice after the winter we have had. Started out early to get to Grange Farm and bumped into Teepee. I straighted two stands and blanked No 1 stand and came away with 60/100 which pleased me no end! Then off to Orston, second time there and I was like Jekyll and Hyde, really started off in a negative frame of mind, don't know why, hit some good ones here and there and came away with 55/100. A good day over all for me.

Well actually had a weekend of shooting. Saturday shot the Hampshire OT champhionship, on the same squad as Wayne, shot an 18 on the first round then following a very short break shot the 2nd round shot a poor 13 to finish on 31ex 50, not to bad for the first OT registered. Then went on a had a round of sporting practise, with my wife, using my trap gun but with the comb lowered, had a lot of very good breaks and fairly pleased with the round.

Sunday went down to Gunsite for the 100 reg didn't start to well with 4 comoplete misses on stand 1, mainly due to the sporter handling differently to the trap gun, however finished on a 53 so fairly pleased with that as I haven't shot sporting for ages, a fair few edge on fast moving clays but I managed to hit a few. Rabbit stand did me in today, need more practise on them.

Saw Jason and Jenny at Gunsite today nice to finaly meet you Jenny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bad shoot on Friday at the RBSS handicap, think it's the lack of clothing and shock of seeing the sun in the sky! That's my excuse anyway! I enjoyed the meet up at RBSS for Lee's birthday and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Had brilliant saturday afternoon at OLSS with Chris trying a few new things, enjoyed the afternoon and managed to get some good things going after Fridays poor performance.

Well Sunday was a day of two halves!

Went to Weston wood first off with a few new things to try out, had another big wheels off shoot! Couldn't get going and the more I tried to hit clays the more I missed. Great targets shame I didn't do them justice and even better weather.

Tried the pool shoot twice before leaving managed 15 twice!

Onward to Gunsite with intention of just watching and only providing chauffeur services! Couldn't resist and wanted to establish I can hit the odd clay now and then. Great weather again but wind was getting up by now started off the same as I left WW but soon managed to actually shoot some clays. Came in with a 77, was a little disappointed until I reached the club house and saw I was in second place. Plenty of tricky targets there and could easily been a lot lower scoring.

Saw loads of shoot clay people over the weekend at all the places I went to, lots of chatting and laughs.

Well shot jason. My wheels had come off when i saw you,dropped too many silly ones.Think all the waiting on teal stand took what little concentration i have away................

Very nice shoot at Grange Farm today, finishing on an 83 so nowhere in B!

Lovely to feel the sun on my back though, let's hope it's the shape of things to come.

Really have got to hand it to the Juniors and Colts at Weston Wood today. 1st,  2nd in 'B' and 1st in 'C' with scores of 91, 84, and 78 respectively. :goodjob:

81ex100 for me... COMPAK IN Arras... Fantastivlc day, review to follow.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Board Express/Tapatalk

Back