May 17 / 18....what's everyone up to?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just back from N. Ayrshire

Mrs Bryn now has

Winchester Diamond Grade Sporter

Pair of Gemini 1/4 chokes

Skeet Jacket

Gun case

Gun Slip

A lot more confidence

but no cuddly toy (just have to make do with me)

I have another 1000 carts

another bird to put on my 'hit more than miss list'

a lower bank balance

Also had the pleasure of meeting James Johnston

Last edited by a moderator:
Well long time no speak....not sure where the time has gone just lately....lots of stuff going on at work (all good) but still managing to fit a fair bit of shooting in.

Have had a couple of go's at FITASC, thinking that the gun down might help me speed up and also with my target reading...and wow it so has....still work in progress but it seems to have given me a bit of an extra added second or two....Have had some great advice and encouragement from some great new friends which has been lovely. And I love the target variety, am sure I will be doing more of it.

I also changed my glasses and didn't have any scotch tape to put a patch on....so I shot in them anyway, planning on shutting my eye and about half way round realised I had forgotten to close it!! Shot a 70 so still work in progress but maybe I don't need a patch....

Shot a new PB at the last OLSS registered a couple of weeks ago of 77 too so things are still improving.

Also had another go at Sportrap after my first go at the World's...much improved with a 71, good for concentration, and also for target recognition so will keep at it....

Entered my first FITASC competition, the Troy Foods, and also looking at going to shoot abroad for the experience....so it's all go...

Oh and I have won High Gun in a couple of corporate shoots I have done which was rather nice....great source of champagne....!!!

So this weekend I have got a lesson with Chris tomorrow (or today actually) and will be doing a comp on Sun, not sure where yet....what's everyone else up to?

Jkc xx

Hiya, you should of tried our midweek FITASC at Barrow Heath.......some used it for the 3rd England FITASC team selection shoot which is 21/22 June, then we have the Cambs, Norfolk & Suffolk County FITASC championships on 23/24 August. 

The above 2 events are 100FSP Reg & can be shot either day.

Final FITASC event of 2014 at Barrow Heath is English Open FITASC Championship on 6/7 September which is 150 FSP Reg, 75 per day....... Contact me for more info........ 

Bisley for me tomorrow ....hoping to beat the amount collected at A1 today (£140) for the DSG fund.

Hi JK,

saw your Owls score the other day,  Well done :) ,  kinda of makes my lowly attempts look a bit poor, . 

I need to get out and shoot, but the timing for the next few months is pants, with most weekends being booked up for other things...

(the planned 2 day shhot for next month, mag get downgraded to 1, and sombody has now  decided that i need to help them on the sunday)

Watch this space, i'm going to be as difficult as possible over that  :)

When is the next IOW shoot?, i fancy comimg over and  breaking a few clays

Mart  x

Went to Southdown today and tomorrow Honesbrie and Westfield.

Honesberie who else is going?

I'll have all my ear moulding kit with me if anybody wants advice just ask?

www.proshock.co.uk

Hi JK,

saw your Owls score the other day,  Well done :) ,  kinda of makes my lowly attempts look a bit poor, . 

I need to get out and shoot, but the timing for the next few months is pants, with most weekends being booked up for other things...

(the planned 2 day shhot for next month, mag get downgraded to 1, and sombody has now  decided that i need to help them on the sunday)

Watch this space, i'm going to be as difficult as possible over that  :)

When is the next IOW shoot?, i fancy comimg over and  breaking a few clays

You can shoot somewhere every Sunday morning so give me a shout me next time you have a Sunday free!

And there are plenty of places you can shoot midweek you know, let me know if you fancy OLSS one day, skivving out of work is my middle name!!

Jkc x

Mart  x

Did honesberie. I could feel before I started that I wasn't going to set the world on fire today; but I do feel that this was an uninspiring course. Not easy, so worth shooting, but I was getting pretty bored with 'one edge on from the left/ one from the right..' Mostly the terrain was just flat fields too. I'm sure they used different bits of land last time..

Lovely weather!

I went round there today clever probably first ones round, shot like a numpty and finished bout 10 light of where I should have been. I felt a few targets were just plain hard to see for me and yes Some 'samey' stuff

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Funny old day, Bryn went well in the morning even getting a perfect 25x25 in one test but for some reason was a bit too keen in the afternoon, not in the prizes, not last and he improved his PB by 12 points to 85.

After reading of the many exploits of esteemed forum members, suffice it to say that I had a lovely time at my local club, good company and lively fluffy rabbits and wasn't the weather lovely !!

( note to self.....don't mention your score )...I still came home smiling.... :hunter:

Had a lovely day at Greenfields and some great targets as usual finished with a 93 happy but frustrated with the trigger freeze that lost me a couple throughout the round but only 1 away from high gun so must not grumble.

Great to meet up with Gnasher and her husband for a chat hope you enjoyed your shoot and look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Roll on next Saturday for the English at Southdown. :spiteful:

Well not going to mention my score today.... However I was the first to donate to the DSG collection fund, even had me Shootclay shirt on.

post-21-0-79001400-1400443335.jpg

Attachments

• DSG.jpg
    DSG.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
Well not going to mention my score today.... However I was the first to donate to the DSG collection fund, even had me Shootclay shirt on.

attachicon.gif
DSG.jpg
Andy, is that a penny going in the jar?? :)

Just kidding, good on you mate.

Go on, mention your score. It will all be out there on the web soon anyway.

DT

Back