8 / 9 March shooting and beyond....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot greenfields Sunday non reg started well dropped 2 in 4 stands then started to go downhill struggled on the low crossers as usual and had two 4's on my card ended up with 79 so dumped it in the bin

Have just checked the scores and found I would have won A class for the second time in three weeks so moral of the story always put your card in regardless

There were some big guns who all struggled so was pleased to know I had done better then expected if that's any consolation :fie:
IMHO Shaun 79 should be winning A class, if you read some of the posts on here it wouldn't get you a sniff in C. Are people getting better or are the grounds setting targets easier to please the masses? The latter me thinks, if the lower classes shoot high scores it puts a smile on there face and keeps em coming back through the door.

If your B or C class and think you can shoot a bit, go and try RBSS handicap challenge, look at what you score before handicap and that should tell you roughly where you are at.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, just think the class should be won with a couple of % over the class cut off for that class, not 10 or even 15% over

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO Shaun 79 should be winning A class, if you read some of the posts on here it wouldn't get you a sniff in C.

Are people getting better or are the grounds setting targets easier to please the masses? The latter me thinks, if the lower classes shoot high scores it puts a smile on there face and keeps em coming back through the door.

If your B or C class and think you can shoot a bit, go and try RBSS handicap challenge, look at what you score before handicap and that should tell you roughly where you are at.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, just think the class should be won with a couple of % over the class cut off for that class, not 10 or even 15% over
your stirring a hornets nest Ash, you'll have all those on here telling you that it's ok to hit those scores!!

IMHO Shaun 79 should be winning A class, if you read some of the posts on here it wouldn't get you a sniff in C.

Are people getting better or are the grounds setting targets easier to please the masses? The latter me thinks, if the lower classes shoot high scores it puts a smile on there face and keeps em coming back through the door.

Sadly Ashley I also feel some scores are way above class standard on to many occurrence's dare I say it!!

However my score for sunday was based on 10 being deducted as with everyone else because a stand gave up the ghost hence the low figure if you check the ground website you will get the gist

I shoot in A class but do shoot 90+ when I get my head in gear so AA  class is looming but have shot RBSS a few times and always enjoy the layout especially the grouse butt dropping only two last year to make amends for a dire start.

Fair play to the guys who shot the high scores ( they can only shoot at what's there ) but 91 winning B and 86 in third place, also 86 taking C,

Come on something is wrong somewhere , well shot tiptop, 76 was a more realistic score to win B with and must have been satisfying , but you admit yourself in your post you felt you left a few there, and I dare say the other guys with the high scores felt the same

Fair play to the guys who shot the high scores ( they can only shoot at what's there ) but 91 winning B and 86 in third place, also 86 taking C,
Come on something is wrong somewhere , well shot tiptop, 76 was a more realistic score to win B with and must have been satisfying , but you admit yourself in your post you felt you left a few there, and I dare say the other guys with the high scores felt the same
And I should have shot a 90!!!

Back