15 / 16 March...withdrawal symptons weekend 1

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Jaykaysea, Thank goodness nobody else is able to read this! :spiteful:

My secret practice session today went really well considering I have averaged about 300 shots per year for the last 8 years!

An absolutely perfect day for shooting in Devon today. Wall to wall sunshine, cooling breeze, a beautiful valley and perfectly clear visibility. It just doesn't get any better! You really have missed the best weekend of the year.

I shot 63 ex 70 but my scorecard read 9, 9, 10, 8, 9, 9, 9. Do you see now why I raised the question of turning 8's (or 9's) into 10's? The mental aspect is where I can improve so I will work on this some more.

The targets were only really club standard but all needed to be hit with some thought.

Ramping up the target quality next, so will shoot some registered comps when I have re-joined the CPSA. Looking forward to bumping into some of you guys and girls out there, and shooting some quality targets again.

Keep this under your (sun) hat!   :biggrin:

Your secret is safe with me fave Top dog...

It is one of the things I am working on with my coach Chris for myself...he is helping me understand why I miss when I do and what I can do to stop it happening...I am quite a logical person so once I have it straight in my head I hope it will help...scores are improving so I think it is starting to help...

I am so looking forward to meeting you....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had fun today started at Westfield, score not improved 47/100 but I felt quite a lot of what I managed to hit, I hit really well. Went onto Hornet for the Compak, first proper one for me and really enjoyed it although only managed 46/100 but I felt really tired into the third layout and ready for bed by the fourth! Definitely need to concentrate more than I did although I felt I had probably exceeded my concentration level. Great day all in all. Not so for Tony at Westfield, the wheels came off and never returned. Better for him at Hornet coming away with 84/100.

DTL at Bisley today a 91-264 to finish joint 4th in C Class, no envelope this time out.  Again a poor second round of 21 - 60, all on our squad shoot badly on this one, mainly due to a dog barking incessantly in the background and then a Helicopter flying over. Need to sort out the meantal game to be able to block out these distractions.

Only upside is 2 consistant rounds of 23 -68 and a 24-68 and 264 is just a B class score.

Went to Westfield, where there was a lot of battered scorecards, sun messed up one stand but I was there late in the day so my own fault really, I had a very bad first 5 stands, very nearly the "shall I go home :-(( look" at this point, struggled through to end though, there are Im sure easier shooting grounds than this somewhere??

As for others oh there was a few, saw a smiling birthday boy MrFaulds on his way to 95 which looked as if it was HG, Jason won the B/C class White Gold and local lad Nick Portlock (Chipper) made it to the A/AA/AAA final only to lose out to Martyn Myers who did not miss a single clay, very impressive.

Great weekend.
Compak 73 20-21-17-15
Ran out of mental strength towards the end.
Westfield 68 a couple of lazy stands ment a better score last me. Great fast targets that needed gap and or gun speed.
Shot 12 on the WGC again good distant targets.

Great weekend with my gun!

Saturday for a lesson with Chris at Podimore with Tim A from here, good weather and targets. Thanks Chris.

Westfield for me today, just the one with the intention of trying my hand at the WGC, thought it was a bit tougher than normal, but not a bad thing. Had a slow start but got stuck in had one silly stand off the raised platform at the top missed some silly ones there and a couple of last birds for a few one away scores. Ended up one short of the winner but more than happy with my second place in B with 75.

I managed to get into the top eight for the WGC shoot off and fought off my nerves and the other shooters to win my place in the final, result!!

All in all a great weekend with sunshine and blue skies throughout. Roll on next week end for much of the same.

Well done Jason.

Plenty of head scratching/shaking going on at Westfield today :fie:

Back