15 / 16 Feb - what has everyone got planned this weekend?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had an enjoyable morning at garlands for my 1st visit. All targets were or at least appeared hitable, although as my card will tell you not enough by me. Had a shocker on some of the crossers, missed altogether which is frustrating as I normally find one in the end. only managed to straight stand 8.

Enjoyed the day in the sunshine, ended up with 66, should have being a 72.

Ohh, good burger to finish aswell.

After all the horrendous weather, today was beautiful. Good turnout at my local club and I've managed to "worry" that 50% mark....nearly there..... :hunter:

Shooting show yesterday

Abbey at Detling today up a class, shot ok ish a little off the pace wasn't easy today even GD had a mare shot 4 stands dropped 4 or 5 then threw his card away with 5 stands to go and went and played compact good to see he is human 1 week winning in SA next week having a bad one in kent.

Great day out in the sunshine today!

Weston wood first thing had a very slow start and struggled a bit then got into gear, messed up the driven on report driven stand then got my self going to finish on 77 probably a few I should of got but didn't. Hind sight is a great thing. :)

Garlands was next after a zoom up the motorway. Shot it in reverse and was on fire had only dropped 4 out of 60 until I hit a tricky one for me! Finished with 83 so close to a new PB but still very happy with my result and second place in B. My consistency is much better and hardly any misses in the final pairs now!

Started at Four Counties - haven't shot there in ages, years maybe - so not used to the targets. I started with 3/10 on stand 12 (put off by chaps chatting behind me: my fault, I should have stopped and waited for them to shut up or go) Stand 11 was simo teal straight into the sun. Awkward. Lots of going away type targets. Scrapped together a 74. Happy to go back and try again another time.
Quick whizz up the A34 to Weston Wood. Arriving after 1pm it was quiet and I rarely queued at a stand. Only managed to straight my first stand and end up with 79. Managed to keep my composure on one stand when the scorer warned me that the second target was causing him problems because the button needed a lot of fingering to get some response...

Pretty pleased today...didn't get cold and wet or covered in mud for a start!!!

Weston Wood first, beaten by a couple of stands but on the whole did good, 5 stupid ones I should have hit meant a 77 was only a 72....pillock!!

Then onto Garlands...felt like this was hard work but still finished on 69 so got to be pleased with that, consistent anyway!

Great to shoot with Jason and Macc Ladd, and see so many other friendly Shootclay faces....

And well done Sian....you go girl....xxx

I went to barrow heath and it was a strange round I shot OK but nothing special dropping 7 on 1 stand and 4 on another and the odd 2 and 3 to finish on 79 my mate shot an 82 in b class so I did not expect anything.so very surprised to finish in 2nd place in A.scores were well down.

Back