Whats everone stocking up with for this year?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Its that time of year, whats everyone planning on stocking up with for the season?

Due to me not shooting a lot, i splash out. So planning on getting 250 of 30gram 6 shot fibre Black Golds. They should see me through the season.

Whats eveyone else planning on using?

Will still be using Kent (or now Gamebore) HV pigeons, 29g fibre 6's. Plenty of knockdown with 5/8 and 3/4 choke :D

Usual for me.
28g 6.5
28g 7
30g 5
32g 5
All Eley VIP Fibre
Bar a slab of Hull High Pheasant that were on special at Kibworth....

Sent from my mobile that's my excuse for typos and errors.

Only comparison I have done is price :) velocity are about 20 quid per thou cheaper :D Was using them in the new pogo stick today, 1/2 choke and took down a couple of lengthy crows very well. TBH for decoying the velocity clay shell (28g 7.5 fibre) is only 170 per thou and plenty good enough :)

Sounds good, been using the 28g fibre 7.5's velocities lately, not a bad little cartridge for clay busting. So fancied giving the 6's a go, just got to track some down locally.

Got some of the 29g 6 fibre velocities picked, not a bad little cartridge. I asked the bloke in the shop if they were fine for game, he said yes but they're not designed for distance stuff. Surely 6 shot is 6 shot, other than the 1 gram, what the difference bwtween a supergame high bird and a pigeoning shell, still roughly the same weight, fibre wad and 6 shot, shouldn't it do the same job?

Latest posts

Back