Not what we want to hear........

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daz, that’s a very sensible suggestion, however it may be a bit too sensible for those in charge…🤔🤔
Exactly, common sense and logic are not always applicable when it comes to those who make our rules! 

So Devon and Cornwall police cock up big time and we are running scared at how they may punish the law abiding as a consequence 😡some country this is fast becoming.

Currently we're allowed to store at home 10Kg of "shooters powder", which most people read as approx 10,000 cartridges. Big safe needed for that lot, so if we ever do need to keep them in a safe, the quantities allowed are going to be vastly reduced

Actually you can store a total NEQ (net explosive quantity) of 15kg of shooters powder without an explosives storage licence 

Then to allow for the primer explosive content as a rule of thumb that is generally assumed to be 10,000 cartridges.

Cartridges are UN class 1.4 not likely to explode in bulk . The link below is quite interesting. US firefighters doing a series of tests on sporting ammunition , trying their best to get it to explode . In summary they can’t . Even setting fire to a simulated shop with wood and diesel ! They have 120,000 rounds in there , it cooks off and bangs , but there is no danger of an explosion . The y even stand behind the open doors of an artic trailer that they burn with a load of ammo.  The biggest problem is burning plastic . If you have 10,000 cartridges in the house and 60 litres of unleaded parked up against it . It’s not the rounds that are the worry .  

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/3SlOXowwC4c?feature=oembed

27 minutes ago, MartynB said:

Cartridges are UN class 1.4 not likely to explode in bulk . The link below is quite interesting. US firefighters doing a series of tests on sporting ammunition , trying their best to get it to explode . In summary they can’t . Even setting fire to a simulated shop with wood and diesel ! They have 120,000 rounds in there , it cooks off and bangs , but there is no danger of an explosion . The y even stand behind the open doors of an artic trailer that they burn with a load of ammo.  The biggest problem is burning plastic . If you have 10,000 cartridges in the house and 60 litres of unleaded parked up against it . It’s not the rounds that are the worry .  

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/3SlOXowwC4c?feature=oembed
That’s good info, do Devon and Cornwall know about this? Is it time that firearms and explosives parted company in legal terms? 
Does a Firearms officer really need to know or be responsible for anything or everything that can go bang? 
Surely explosives in places such as quarries or mines is a different game? Or is it? I’ve no idea. 
Just saying! 

I'd be more concerned that a building contained gas cylinders than ammo.  
But that’s low risk? 😂 It’s only fuel! 😂😂😂

Les53 said:
But that’s low risk? 😂 It’s only fuel! 😂😂😂
And don’t forget, anyone can buy as much as they want too! Store it wherever they want, no license, no age limit. Although I think maybe lighter gas may have an age restriction? Or does it? Plenty of anomalies if you look for them. 
Bought a pack of beer the other day in the supermarket, spotty kid said, are you over 18? I’m over 70 and the idiot didn’t like my reply! 😂😂😂

There are safety rules around for storage of gas cylinders, whether people adhere to them is another question, but look out if something happens and you have been negligent 

And the the spotty kid is only doing what he's told to do Les, I'm sure he knows your over 70, but rules are rules,  I bet he rolls his eyes at all the times he's had to ask that question to someone obviously over 18 😁

indeed makes you wonder how many other laws are their unknown and never enforced or where we would be if the HSE laws we have today had been around all them years back, Mr Benjamin Franklin arrested for miss use of electricity or Madame Currie arrested for storing pictchblende 😊

Latest posts

Back