Truthfully, how much does your shooting cost per year ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flip after reading all this about how much you guys spend on shooting each year I am going to have to get a job as I don't know how my dad does it for two of us week in week out and a trip or two over to England every year since I was 12, Thanks dad 
As a father paying for two I know exactly how he feels!!

Still, I reakon I only spend about £4.5k a year on actual shooting (cartridges and entrees but excluding guns, gear, fuel, food, etc). So make that £5k a year. Gulp!!

DT

Not a huge amount really.

I don't do the big shoots and my regular shoot is pretty close by so my costs are very low, in all around £750 - 1000 per year including bacon butties.

If you add in the start up equipment etc and assume I'll keep the gun for 5 years, I would estimate another £600 - 700 a year. But that would assume the gun would be worth nothing or just not p/x'd in. 

There must be more money in sporting then as no way would you ever win enough just to cover costs even if you won every week at trap

There must be more money in sporting then as no way would you ever win enough just to cover costs even if you won every week at trap
Surely an incentive for you Ips to shoot Sporting? Anyone who can shoot into the 90's at OT would find it a doddle?

We know you have a very nice, flat shooting gun and a great sense of humour. All you need is Wellies!!!  :biggrin:   Go on! Spoil yourself next year!

Its an idea topdog but if it is a good idea is another matter.

First off my 90s OT are few and far between 80-85 is more usual :)

Wellies eh, don't like the idea of that unless you can get Hugo Boss one's of course.

Never say never but no offence to sporting shooters it has never appealed to me, don't want to get wet or walk around in mud, don't want to queue and I relly don't get this score yourself scenario ??

But if someone was to invite me to a "proper" nice place I could be tempted but I doubt I could hit anything apart from a going away pseudo ABT target, Oh and I don't want any of them little milk bottle top size jobbies either :)

PS

Tell you what I would like a go at, Olympic skeet, that looks nice and fast and none mounted thingy would probably suit me.

PS

Tell you what I would like a go at, Olympic skeet, that looks nice and fast and none mounted thingy would probably suit me.
Ian it's a kiiler!!!!! I tried it many years ago, no self respecting trap shooter should go anywhere near it! :spiteful:

PS

Obviously the Scotch bottle is out already today then?

Even seasoned Sporting shooters like myself steer well clear of that mularkey! Been there, done that but sadly didn't qualify even close to getting the T shirt!

Best left to people with real skill and sharp reflexes!

Yes! And what Les said above. I shudder just thinking about it!!  :biggrin:

oooh I am intrigued, saw it once at Beverley it looked fun. I might be wrong but it looked like a "no time to think just mount and shoot" type jobbie, that's right up my street :)

Obviously the Scotch bottle is out already today then?

Even seasoned Sporting shooters like myself steer well clear of that mularkey! Been there, done that but sadly didn't qualify even close to getting the T shirt!

Best left to people with real skill and sharp reflexes!

Yes! And what Les said above. I shudder just thinking about it!!  :biggrin:
I reckon he's been on the bottle since yesterday!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh I am intrigued, saw it once at Beverley it looked fun. I might be wrong but it looked like a "no time to think just mount and shoot" type jobbie, that's right up my street :)
But don't forget about getting showered by all those bloody bits that come towards you when you shooting those incomers!!!!  Your gun could get scratched like that, probably best to use an old P gun for such a job!!!!  :biggrin:

jeez yeah mate I didn't think about that, stuff it I aint dodging bits.

Back