How much?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

How much do you pay for your shooting? Here in France I pay €48 for my membership. This is obligatory and gets you insurance and a France wide entry to other clubs a bit like CPSA membership. I then at my club I pay €3 or about £2.50 for 25 clays non members pay €4 for 25 clays at our club. I think that is good value! I have not been to other clubs yet so can't comment on their prices. Now I will say we only have one ball trap but we do have a covered stand and a small open bar area for days when there is a concours, great on a hot day to have a nice cool beer in the shade :) Don't have a bog but there are plenty of bushes ... its the French way!

Edit

We have a once a year members only concours and this is followed up with a 5 course gourmet meal, all included in the membership fee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you are very lucky to have such shooting at those prices my club membership has just risen from £50 to £60 pounds a year and the cost per clay is now thirty pence  for non members and 28 pence for members so lets all move to France.

I expect it will cost more at clubs where the facilities are greater because of the outlay for traps and building etc. I will find out on Saturday I am visiting a club that has sporting, skeet, UT and OT bound to be pricier there! 

Its called Rip Off Britain for a reason!! You have it cheap thats for sure...

£2.50 for 25 clays? No business could possibly survive, and lets be honest, virtually every shoot is / has to be run as a business.

£2.50 for 25 clays? No business could possibly survive, and lets be honest, virtually every shoot is / has to be run as a business.
how much do you think a clay costs? £2.50 for 25 clays is 10p each, ground is probably paying 6p a clay, food and drink will make up the short fall. Here you pay £38 for 100 registered targets (sporting), so 38p per shot, say you get 150 shooters thats £57 per shot, so £5,700 for the shoot, £65 per ref, 12 ref's so £780 to deduct, down to £4,920, clays cost the ground 6p so deduct £900 and we are down to £4,020, take £1,000 to cover misc costs and trap maintenance and you get £3k, maybe take another £750 for the prize fund so still a £2k day. Yes I know there will be BO shooters and YES I know this is a generalisation but there is still a profit to be made.

The OP did say that it was a club so one assumes no paid labour and no rent to pay to get a deal like this.

At my club we pay £30 per annum and £3 to shoot approx 50 clays on a Sunday morning - we do pick up the unbroken clays to reuse as they mostly land in very long grass intact.  Year one membership costs £40 to include the nice Two Bridges badge complete with motto!  Guests/probationers pay £6 green fees on Sundays and must have SGC's unless its an official guest day.

how much do you think a clay costs? £2.50 for 25 clays is 10p each, ground is probably paying 6p a clay, food and drink will make up the short fall. Here you pay £38 for 100 registered targets (sporting), so 38p per shot, say you get 150 shooters thats £57 per shot, so £5,700 for the shoot, £65 per ref, 12 ref's so £780 to deduct, down to £4,920, clays cost the ground 6p so deduct £900 and we are down to £4,020, take £1,000 to cover misc costs and trap maintenance and you get £3k, maybe take another £750 for the prize fund so still a £2k day. Yes I know there will be BO shooters and YES I know this is a generalisation but there is still a profit to be made.
The way I read the £2.50 for 25 clays, non members more bit was that's what he's paying to shoot them not buy them, that's only £10.00 per 100, if that's the revenue no I can't see it as being viable

Whilst I'm used to paying £35-£40 for 100 registered sporting, or £50-£60 for registered FSP - I was pleasantly surprised to pay £6 for 25 clays at Park Farm last week - £24 for 100 with someone scoring and acoustic traps all round.

That feels like an excellent price point.

The cost per round for all members is €3 non members €4 and remember this is a small club run by the members for the members. I honestly don't know the finances of the club but if clays could not be bought and shot for the cost charged it would rise. We only have scant facilities one ball trap, acoustic release, a covered stand and small bar area which is only used during concours events so it not luxury but we do get a lovely gourmet meal at the end of the season included in the club fees. We only shoot once per fortnight and anybody who has a FFTBT ticket is welcome to shoot at the extra euro per round, as many rounds as they like. The prices at the club have not changed for the past two years I don't know what they were before that. I would be interested in finding out how much we pay for our clays because I can guarantee that  the club is running at a profit if it was not or is not we will find out at the end of the season. I think that bigger shooting venues will be more expensive because of the costs of running the venue but here in France there are lots of small shooting grounds like ours which is actually a social gathering not a profit making exercise.

Cheapest I shoot is £22 for 100 practice at AC Sporting Targets and that is as a member which costs £130 first year but includes 4 x 1hr lessons. Renewal cost is £90.
See thing is straight off its a sporting set up so how many traps are involved? The upkeep of the site etc. We have one trap in the fosse a sheltered stand and small bar area no bog and its in a woodland clearing so no site upkeep other than cutting the grass in front of the fosse. I agree we are getting cheap shooting but its a very small club

At Bisley Gun Club a Saturday membership for £35.00 per year allows be to shoot a 100 Registered DTL comp, on the Sat for only £23.00, this is shot with 2 refs over 2 layouts. Pratice again scored/reffed if required for £5.25 per round of 25. This is with full accoustic release.

Full membership is £55.00 per year and offers a reduced entry on Sunday Comps, so you can shoot for £29.00 comp or £23.00 Birds only. Practice after the comp is again £5.25 per round.

Non members are charged at £35.00 comp or £29.00 B/o and practise at £6.25 per round

See there you go Andy its a big club but at £5 for a round practice although that's twice what I pay but you have a lot more facilities! Mind you I bet you would not mind the meal we have at the end of the season superb!

North Ayrshire is 20p per clay practice...for 14 stands sporting, ESK, OS, 4 covered DTL, 3covered ABT, covered OT and 8 trap compak...all with promatic counters (except the OT, 25 target token for £5), clubhouse, clean toilets, gunshop, large selection of new/second hand guns, several million (no joke!) Clever Mirage cartridges (as used by gold, silver and bronze mens medalists in Cyprus last week) in stock... What more do you need to practice?

Darkside

Another example all those facilities and still only twice what I pay for my practice. I still think I get good value though because really all I need to practice is what we have. I know that most of the guys who shoot at the club do all their serious shooting at the bigger shooting grounds, but they know that they can bang 100 clays for €12 and have a laugh with the others while they do. I am visiting another club on Saturday that has slightly more facilities  Sporting, ABT, UT and OT will be interesting to see how much they charge for practice.

I belong to 3 local clubs in west Wales £25 membership @ one ground gives us the chance to shoot 80 clays for a £10. Another is £20 membership and this ground is £7 for 60 clays. The third is £10 for 60clays, I don't think there was a membership charge this year. 2 of the grounds are sporting, the other has down the line and skeet alongside the sporting. Gives me good practice at a decent price!!!!

See thing is straight off its a sporting set up so how many traps are involved? The upkeep of the site etc. We have one trap in the fosse a sheltered stand and small bar area no bog and its in a woodland clearing so no site upkeep other than cutting the grass in front of the fosse. I agree we are getting cheap shooting but its a very small club
The have a 12 trap Compaq Layout, 5 trap FITASC, 6 trap Promatic Sporting, English Skeet and ABT as well so yes quite a few traps. What I like is that they score and trap for you. So if you fancy some practice you can just go down and all you have to do is shoot the clays :)

Now you know why we try and shoot abroad! the whole weekend costs less than doing a GB Fitasc event here.

Back