How much?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marne CSC - £8 for 50 sporting (members. £10 non-members). Over 7 or 8 stands. Skeet and ABT too £4 per round.

Chubby - few of us interested in some weekends away shooting next year... keep me posted.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

2 small clubs local to me. 70 bird sporting £16 and 50 bird sporting £12,  every fortnight, both as a guest. Member rates are a couple of quid less.

Park Lodge 25p per clay so £6.25 for 25 or £12.50 for 50 bit dearer than most but is a really nice place to shoot.

how much do you think a clay costs? £2.50 for 25 clays is 10p each, ground is probably paying 6p a clay, food and drink will make up the short fall. Here you pay £38 for 100 registered targets (sporting), so 38p per shot, say you get 150 shooters thats £57 per shot, so £5,700 for the shoot, £65 per ref, 12 ref's so £780 to deduct, down to £4,920, clays cost the ground 6p so deduct £900 and we are down to £4,020, take £1,000 to cover misc costs and trap maintenance and you get £3k, maybe take another £750 for the prize fund so still a £2k day. Yes I know there will be BO shooters and YES I know this is a generalisation but there is still a profit to be made.

Wow.....so No insurance costs, No ground rent, No reinvestment programme, No ground staff/canteen wages, etc, etc.

Is it unlawful to get a minimal return on major investment, is profit a dirty word ???  :fie:   :fie:

Just saying !!!!!

this whole debate does make me giggle a bit......i would like to think we are all gainfully employed one way or another. Its amazing how often I hear people saying that they arent being paid enough, but then they complain that when they go shooting the ground owner is making a profit. We all need and want to make a good living, a brick or even a pallet load of bricks arent that expensive, but turn it into an extension and all of a sudden they are worth a small fortune. I know i am simplifying this a little but..... whats the difference between buying bricks, or copper piping, or electrical cable for that matter,  putting in time, effort and skill to produce something out of them and a ground owner buying in clays at a few pence each, then putting in time, effort and skill to turn them into a good shoot.  Please feel free to enlighten me......

The cost per round for all members is €3 non members €4 and remember this is a small club run by the members for the members. I honestly don't know the finances of the club but if clays could not be bought and shot for the cost charged it would rise. We only have scant facilities one ball trap, acoustic release, a covered stand and small bar area which is only used during concours events so it not luxury but we do get a lovely gourmet meal at the end of the season included in the club fees.
Hi jwpzx9r

Which area of France is the club located in?

Hi

The club is in the Hautes Pyrenees near the Spanish border.

The other thing I should mention is that in France most of the shooting clubs are owned and run by the members for the members nobody is trying to make a profit. As long as the club can keep its head above water then all is well. Of course every club will have a couple of competitions per year and these will generate a little income as well.  

There aren't many shooting grounds that are similar - study the facts.

How often does the ground you visit open?

What can you shoot there?

Are there any 'comfort' facilities?

Is it tidy/well maintained?

There aren't many shooting grounds that are similar - study the facts.

How often does the ground you visit open?

What can you shoot there?

Are there any 'comfort' facilities?

Is it tidy/well maintained?

Don't know about in UK but here in France being a member of the FFTBT entitles you to shoot any ground but not at a club member price, you pay visitor rate which at out club is €4 for 25 clays.

But you can shoot as a visitor anyway can't you? As long as you have a valid Shotgun Licence.

Think you would need insurance to shoot not certain, you can get a passport for your guns to take them to and from any EU country though.

Back