Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coleys also for me, it was a decent course spoiled by the weather, we got caught on stand 9 when it absolutely chucked it down, it’s no fun when hail is stinging your face and water is dribbling down your neck 😓😓

Coleys for me as well, enjoyed the shoot. More technical than 'gaps' which is something I've been changing methods on of late. Happy with 82, when HG was Myers on 92. 

My goal on outings is to be within 10 of HG at the moment.

All good practice for San Antonio in a couple weeks....

E J Churchill’s today for us and was it windy.  Only a 4 man/lady squad so went round fairly quickly.  Dropped first pair out stand 1, had my hold/kill point etc then when got into stand the wooden caged area was so high I could see absolutely nothing.  Moved back a step and was ok.  Targets were all over the place but enjoyable day out.  Would’ve preferred to have had the scorer/ref go round with you but it was a different one on each stand which caused a few problems for squad in front of us.  Luckily on stand 6 I realised they were scoring another ladies scores on one of the top shots score card, mentioned it hastily and it got rectified but it seemed to be a recurring problem all the way round.  We made sure on each stand we had the cards in order and checked the scores at end of each stand. Finished on 80 which I was really pleased with and came 2nd in ladies and 2nd in B class.  Shame I went targets only 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Coleys for me as well, enjoyed the shoot. More technical than 'gaps' which is something I've been changing methods on of late. Happy with 82, when HG was Myers on 92. 

My goal on outings is to be within 10 of HG at the moment.

All good practice for San Antonio in a couple weeks....
Oh Duggie Coleys in April with heavy rain, hail and gale force winds “good practice for San Antonio” 😉 hopefully you’ll see some sun! Seriously though all the very best, good luck over there and do keep us posted 👍

E J Churchill’s today for us and was it windy.  Only a 4 man/lady squad so went round fairly quickly.  Dropped first pair out stand 1, had my hold/kill point etc then when got into stand the wooden caged area was so high I could see absolutely nothing.  Moved back a step and was ok.  Targets were all over the place but enjoyable day out.  Would’ve preferred to have had the scorer/ref go round with you but it was a different one on each stand which caused a few problems for squad in front of us.  Luckily on stand 6 I realised they were scoring another ladies scores on one of the top shots score card, mentioned it hastily and it got rectified but it seemed to be a recurring problem all the way round.  We made sure on each stand we had the cards in order and checked the scores at end of each stand. Finished on 80 which I was really pleased with and came 2nd in ladies and 2nd in B class.  Shame I went targets only 🤣🤣🤣
I was supposed to go today, but had to cancel. Was watching the scores as they updated on the cpsa site. Seeing that you'd shot really well brightened up my day of being stuck in front of a computer.

I was supposed to go today, but had to cancel. Was watching the scores as they updated on the cpsa site. Seeing that you'd shot really well brightened up my day of being stuck in front of a computer.
I didn’t realise they done that, I thought they just put the scores up when the shoot was finished! Felt a bit of a twit when I went back on!  Hope you’re all ok, will catch up with you sooner or later. 

I see e.j.churchills pop up a lot on this thread, is it because some of you are local or it's a decent shoot to travel to? 

I see e.j.churchills pop up a lot on this thread, is it because some of you are local or it's a decent shoot to travel to? 
It's a bit of both Chris. It's accessible to a wide area of the south and the home counties and they put on a good shoot. I don't get there very often as it's a pain to get there from the west thanks to the permanent road travel holdup known as Oxford. Last time I went there from here in Glos it was 3 hours each way even though it's only 80 miles.

3 hours each way even though it's only 80 miles.
That's a long day! including the shoot you must of been looking at 8hrs .

Quick look on Google maps, doesn't look to bad for me straight down the M40. Might have to book a day off work one day for it

We are Tunbridge Wells area and it’s about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours but we’ll worth the visit, even if it’s just for a few hours there practicing.  Targets on practice days are for all abilities and the stands are marked easy/med/hard, also a good range of sport trap/ compact layouts, grouse butts, high drive and towers etc so if your struggling with a particular target you’ll normally find it there to practice.  Excellent club house and facilities too.  

It's a bit of both Chris. It's accessible to a wide area of the south and the home counties and they put on a good shoot. I don't get there very often as it's a pain to get there from the west thanks to the permanent road travel holdup known as Oxford. Last time I went there from here in Glos it was 3 hours each way even though it's only 80 miles.
Cirencester to Lane End / EJC via M4 is 83 miles and it takes me just under 1.5 hours since the 4 lanes have been completed, yes its shorter in miles via Oxford but boy can that road / trip turn nasty time wise. 

Do you not have to hand score cards in at registered comps anymore?  Saw quite a few people I knew yesterday shooting the comp but their scores never appeared on Cpsa website and the same thing happened a few weeks ago at another shoot. 

Have been to a couple shoots this year where the same England team shooter has failed to hand in his card. Presumably he shot carp and wanted to preserve his (false)90+ average. 🤫

Jasper. 

Do you not have to hand score cards in at registered comps anymore?  Saw quite a few people I knew yesterday shooting the comp but their scores never appeared on Cpsa website and the same thing happened a few weeks ago at another shoot. 
Another advantage of squadded shoots. The ref retains the cards and hands them in after you've viewed them. Refs master sheets must have died out?

PM.

Check that their name comes up at all on the CPSA site. You can set it so you and your scores aren't visible under your membership preferences.

Booklet 1 1.14d I think covers it.

Check that their name comes up at all on the CPSA site. You can set it so you and your scores aren't visible under your membership preferences.

Booklet 1 1.14d I think covers it.
If you opt to do this you won’t have your scores recorded full stop? That’s how I’m reading that ruling?

If you opt to do this you won’t have your scores recorded full stop? That’s how I’m reading that ruling?
Yup. Think that's the case. I'm aware of at least one instance where someone put in a crap score and then changed their preference before the scores were uploaded.

Another advantage of squadded shoots. The ref retains the cards and hands them in after you've viewed them. Refs master sheets must have died out?

PM.
Master sheets are still there. But it takes the grounds to grow a pair and report their own customer for non return of score card. Then the procedure is that the cpsa request the score form the master and issue a written warning to the shooter . Multiple offences result in a ban. 🤣 Grounds seldom report anyone although they seem to very much miss the point that they are undermining the very system they want you to compete in at their very own shoots. Doh. 

Squaded shoots are OK unless you get stuck with the "all welcome" non  cpsa numpties that I shot Hodnet with. 

Jasper. 

Because they are not there to shoot a cpsa reg competition.  They are there for a day out. 

To the detriment of all around who are there for reg comps.

Trust me . You weren't there. If it were my ground they would have been asked to leave. 

Happens all the time these days on reg shoots that are  supposed to be specifically for cpsa MEMBERS. But we all know these "all welcome " actually are untraceable as far as ground income is concerned. So long as they pay cash. 🤫 . 

And just to level the field. There are cpsa members that are numpties too. And to be squaded with them is also pita. 

Happy now  Colin?

Back