Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two this weekend, Bywell Saturday and Aucherhouse Sunday...

Bywell was very good, £37 comp, 12 stands, good birds, lots of variety, next to no ques...didn't shoot well and was lucky to scrape together an 80!!!

Auchterhouse on Sunday, £45 comp, 10 stands of 10, was very, very late finished with the cows and didn't leave the house until after 1.30 (75 mile drive) got there at 2.55, just before last entry's!!! Couldn't stop rushing round, heart beating out of my chest!?!? Lots of stalling incoming stuff, quartering with little to no spring, two good driven...but the cage set up to make you shoot them as weird overhead kind of things, didn't twig I could shoot them as crossers, by standing right in the corner of the cage until the last pair (the disadvantage of going round on our own after everyone has shot).

I powered threw most of what I missed, found it difficult to slow the barrels down...

Strange thing happened on the last stand...I missed the first 4 second birds, a dolly r-l almost overhead floaty crosser, I hadn't taken the gun out f my shoulder, I was locked into the stock on the hold point, everything looked right but they just didn't break...as I took the gun out of my shoulder after missing the 4th one I felt my right eye sort of 'focus'...shot the last pair, taking the gun out of my shoulder between birds, gave it the same sight picture and smoked it!!! 

It was as if my eye dominance had switched for a moment when my left eye picked up the clay first and stayed locked onto it, causing me to shoot up the left hand side of the clay??? Possibly tiredness? Stress? Being locked so un-naturally tightly into the gun? or a combination of them all...???

anyway...75 was just poor round there!!! :( :angry:

Longridge in the rain for me!

Looks like it was a big entry and the waiting on stands showed this a bit. Felt worse than it probably was due to the rain. 

Dropped three easy driven clays on my last stand as I got trigger freeze which then ruined my final pair. Never had it before and it took me by surprise. Hopefully it's a one off.

Ended on 74/100 which im still pleased with. But it should have been 77 if it wasn't for the mess up! 

Two this weekend, Bywell Saturday and Aucherhouse Sunday...

Bywell was very good, £37 comp, 12 stands, good birds, lots of variety, next to no ques...didn't shoot well and was lucky to scrape together an 80!!!

Auchterhouse on Sunday, £45 comp, 10 stands of 10, was very, very late finished with the cows and didn't leave the house until after 1.30 (75 mile drive) got there at 2.55, just before last entry's!!! Couldn't stop rushing round, heart beating out of my chest!?!? Lots of stalling incoming stuff, quartering with little to no spring, two good driven...but the cage set up to make you shoot them as weird overhead kind of things, didn't twig I could shoot them as crossers, by standing right in the corner of the cage until the last pair (the disadvantage of going round on our own after everyone has shot).

I powered threw most of what I missed, found it difficult to slow the barrels down...

Strange thing happened on the last stand...I missed the first 4 second birds, a dolly r-l almost overhead floaty crosser, I hadn't taken the gun out f my shoulder, I was locked into the stock on the hold point, everything looked right but they just didn't break...as I took the gun out of my shoulder after missing the 4th one I felt my right eye sort of 'focus'...shot the last pair, taking the gun out of my shoulder between birds, gave it the same sight picture and smoked it!!! 

It was as if my eye dominance had switched for a moment when my left eye picked up the clay first and stayed locked onto it, causing me to shoot up the left hand side of the clay??? Possibly tiredness? Stress? Being locked so un-naturally tightly into the gun? or a combination of them all...???

anyway...75 was just poor round there!!! :( :angry:
Darko Are you the new will hewland ?

Only taking the piss mate I was brought up on a farm so I no how hard it is with livestock and long hours 

keep up the commitment and I hope you reach all your goals ?

Had a really nice day out at Southdown today.

Started on the pool shoot just to get everything moving more than anything and I was owed a free go as a prize from previous, and even better was that there were a few flash clays with prizes which I managed to hit 2 and won a box of cartridges and another free go which I'll use next time.

Great sporting layout with the usual mix of speeds angles and distances, finished on 74 which I was a bit disappointed with but its about what I average.  Had 2 bad stands with 2/8 and 3/8 then just a bit sloppy elsewhere but the positive is I fishished really well when it would have been easy to give up.

Sportrap was the same, the first 2 layouts were easier with the 3rd and 4th being slightly more difficult with me finishing on 75.  Fourth layout I started terribly getting 6/15 on the first three stands then 5/5 on the next 2. 

Longridge in the rain for me!

Looks like it was a big entry and the waiting on stands showed this a bit. Felt worse than it probably was due to the rain. 

Dropped three easy driven clays on my last stand as I got trigger freeze which then ruined my final pair. Never had it before and it took me by surprise. Hopefully it's a one off.

Ended on 74/100 which im still pleased with. But it should have been 77 if it wasn't for the mess up! 
Just seen the scores and I was 1 clay off the money. Damnit. 

Missed the prizes on both Saturday and Sunday by 1 clay. I guess every clay does count!

Today Horne first as Hammie says they can catch you out and was pleased with my 81 - Ladies High Gun.  On to Sothdown where I started with the ESP and just couldn't get myself together, became frustrated which is just no good and finished on 69.  Bumped into George and he gave me a little bit of a talk which I took on board when I went onto the Sportrap and finished on 80. A happy end.  What a great long weekend for me shooting Friday through to Sunday, a 1000 cartridges gone!

In the Money for Class at Westfield shooting a 121/150.

Bit a marathon shooting that many Fitasc targets in one day dropped too many on the last layout. 

Still nice envelope when I shoot the GP in a couple of weeks. 

In the Money for Class at Westfield shooting a 121/150.

Bit a marathon shooting that many Fitasc targets in one day dropped too many on the last layout. 

Still nice envelope when I shoot the GP in a couple of weeks. 
Your certainly shooting well J  ?

Keep up the good form 

Enjoyed our night out at Worthing 

with you and Lozza !!

I am now I know fitasc lines will be checked and the refs will be like Eagles !! 

Seems a bit pointless otherwise I might just as well put a big pile of notes in a heap and set fire to it 

?
Ask Wynno what happened to my tape line ??. I'll get my act together for proper lined first layer clothes.

Ask Wynno what happened to my tape line ??. I'll get my act together for proper lined first layer clothes.
Dare I say it but if you were in the same mood as you were at Southdown premier league tearing into poor tony on that simo pair of teal 

you prob ripped it off and Ate it right in front of poor old wynno 

? ?  Lol 

Dare I say it but if you were in the same mood as you were at Southdown premier league tearing into poor tony on that simo pair of teal 

you prob ripped it off and Ate it right in front of poor old wynno 

? ?  Lol 
Tony used to it ? He should have gone first and saved getting a nagging ?  .   I was okay after that.  ?  My tape line was starting to peel away and ended up on the butt of my gun.  Wynno was very gracious and being the experienced ref he is he knew where my gun should be without a line.  Just to be on the safe side it was down by my hip - not really ?

First day of the Summer season at Meltor Gun Club at Sigford, Devon yesterday evening when shooting changed from alternate Sunday mornings to every Monday evening from 6pm from the summer.

5 stands of 5 on report pairs.  I came away with 31/50 in spite of missing 5/5 on one particular high but seemingly slowish bird - none the wiser and only 2/20 hits out of our squad of 4.  I think the local expert/coach had us fooled by saying it didn't need much lead!  Needed at least 6 feet IHMO!  2 automatic oscillating traps giving a trap like stand with the traps not in tandem, the guy in front got them in tandem and I got one straightish and the other fired extreme left and very difficult to see and snap shot, one straight going away coupled with a right to left crosser, one coming at you at medium height but curling away to the right and only showing its black belly and difficult to see against the foliage but got them all,  one high then dropping away to the right coupled with an aspirin coming over your head and going away!

Great fun and top scores were in the low forties.  Looking forward to a weekly summer shoot.  Very good turnout but having arrived at 6:15 was finished by 8pm and a relaxing coffee to follow before heading for home.  £16 for non-members plus cost of any refreshments!

Super little shoot at the always enjoyable Grange Farm today. Incredible weather and a well run, busy shoot with a good mix of targets.

Delighted with a PB of 80 although more was there if the nerves held off!

Add that to an 82 at the All Round at Northampton and a jolly good weekend was had.

Top company from Mr Solomons, Drennan and Florian Schweizer  - more next week then the Helice at Rugby 22nd May if anyone fancies a meet up!

Shot a blinding course with Rosso at Gunsite today.

Lovely variation of fair targets put on by Mr Ponting as usual and for the first time ever it was warm there. Finished on 79 with me still being a bit patchy in places.   Twice today I smoked the first 2 pairs then completely missed the next, then killing the 4th pair. Think I keep shifting my hold-point too far back which is giving me a different picture.  Something for me to work on.

Shot the pool shoot twice, really happy with 13/15 2nd go.

Tony used to it ? He should have gone first and saved getting a nagging ?  .   I was okay after that.  ?  My tape line was starting to peel away and ended up on the butt of my gun.  Wynno was very gracious and being the experienced ref he is he knew where my gun should be without a line.  Just to be on the safe side it was down by my hip - not really ?
You shot really well Sian, remember it's up to the ref to call you and you ARE allowed one gun warning per layout.

You shot really well Sian, remember it's up to the ref to call you and you ARE allowed one gun warning per layout.
Thanks Wynno had a good day there.  Got three polo shirts now with Fitasc lines on ?  I nagged Tony at a sporting shoot not Fitasc.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back