Shootclay shoot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought folks..

What about a shootclay shoot? I'm not representing the Shootclay name! Just asking the members who spend time chatting on here if they fancy getting together. And now that Darkside is banned, it should be a nice event. ?

Obviously there was once a shootclay event (3 years ago?) it didn't go a second year, for reasons of sponsorship I think? But many of us felt it was more about fun and meeting up than big prizes?

I'm thinking maybe a 100 bird esp shoot with BBQ or similar. A chance for people on here to meet up and have a good shoot.  Obviously I'm an ambassador for EJ Churchill, but that's for a reason.. it's an excellent ground with great facilities and it's accessible for many being central south of midlands.  I'm just asking who / how many might be interested. I'm sure EJC would put up some prizes for categories. Let me know, I'll see what I can do if there is interest. 
Me and young Harry would be keen...

With a bit of notice, would a weekday work for people? I suspect it's easier to get a decent deal mon-fri. 

Sadly , I do think that Ian Coley's is that bad .

Will, how can you differentiate between Monday to Friday and Work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd llike to attend if possible. Any day of the week is generally good for me.  Oh... as long as a semi is allowed?

Are Ian Coleys really that bad? Im having my lessons with them...
I like the ground but in my opinion it's very overpriced for practice. Also, it gets my back up that they have their registered dates on a week day so that they can keep the riff-raff that work for a living from attending.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a bit of notice, would a weekday work for people? I suspect it's easier to get a decent deal mon-fri. 
With a bit of notice I can do weekdays, weekends are rarely a problem.

Is it worth setting up a 'poll' type thing to vote for weekday/weekend and North/south/middle?

I certainly think it would be a good idea. 

Is it worth thinking about a North vs South thing like they do over on Pigeonwatch?

Also should we consider a charity type contribution and maybe get some positive PR?

I like the ground but in my opinion it's very overpriced for practice. Also, it gets my back up that they have their registered dates on a week day so that they can keep the riff-raff that work for a living from attending.
You may be talking in jest.. but to be clear, the reason it's during the week was to give competition shooters full use of the ground. In the past it was on a Saturday and there were so many club members having lessons and practice that there wasn't space for all to do their thing in comfort. The weekday event gets 4 times the entry the Saturday one got. It was all about allowing as many as possible to attend I assure you. I get that many who work 9-5 in the week aren't catered for, but it helped out the masses. 

With a bit of notice I can do weekdays, weekends are rarely a problem.

Is it worth setting up a 'poll' type thing to vote for weekday/weekend and North/south/middle?

I certainly think it would be a good idea. 

Is it worth thinking about a North vs South thing like they do over on Pigeonwatch?

Also should we consider a charity type contribution and maybe get some positive PR?
Can somebody launch one of these poll things? Not sure how. I think the question is weekday or Saturday.

We will never please everybody re location. The answer is a northern one and a southern one for sure.

So your Riff-Raff? That would be the Richard O'Brien "Rocky Horror Picture Show" type of Riff-Raff I'd imagine?

Have shot all of this years Coleys registered and bar 1 they've been most enjoyable, mind you the terrific company I've shot them with has helped.

Coleys Overpriced? Not for what / where it is, and yes I do get out and about for casual practice and for working on particular target work a lot, 

Back on thread, Will H think it's more a case of "build it and they will come" as it will go round and round in circles otherwise.

Attended the original the "Growler" which was at Coleys, 50 ESP, 25 Sportrap and 25 DTL from memory also think there was a flush also off the tower?  The one year later EJC shoot was very well attended, there was a Blaser F3 "raffled" away, your entry being the ticket, would imagine getting that was a real headache for Matt.

Depending on dates and location I'd love to attend... not great on clays though..
me neither mate....i will load for you ?

saves the embarrassment ?

matched or composed, hope its the former as I don't load for cheapskates ?

Latest posts

Back