Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad the weather was better this weekend.  Enjoyed both Four Counties and Horne, Tony won A class on 95 at Four Counties and I won Ladies at Horne on 83.  Happynwith my teals today but really could have slapped myself at Four Counties - 3 bad stands 4/10 - shameful simply because I panicked instead of rethinking what I was doing wrong, 3/8 missing the first bird and then all four second birds which was a shoot at it rabbit and another dodgy stand, the rest of the card looked okay

IMG_2254.JPG

I was happy to come away with 80 at barrowheath after shooting a 2 and a 3 and a 4 ex 8 on the first few stands. I did shoot the last 7 stands with cyl- cyl though otherwise I was heading for a mid sixty's.

I was happy to come away with 80 at barrowheath after shooting a 2 and a 3 and a 4 ex 8 on the first few stands. I did shoot the last 7 stands with cyl- cyl though otherwise I was heading for a mid sixty's.
I hope you're teasing us about your open chokes.  :D :unsure:

Surprisingly I got some good kills, but on one stand and mossy can verify this as he was reffing there was a sim pair of white and green clays crossing from the right I shot them quite quick when they were close together and after the first shot I had to look at the colour of the bit that came off to know which clay to shoot next.

Went to Meadowcroft with the intention of going to 4CTC after masses of no birds.queues and a couple of poor scorers meant no 4CTC  :cry:
Also at Meadowcroft today, don't know if we met as there was a lot of natter time! River very early and started prompt at 10 and it took two of us 3+ hours to get round, very few had finished before us, ground is now very popular with the locals which swelled numbers, luckily we didn't experience any no birds, an early trap break down though created a bottleneck. Stuart Rudling put in a 99, some of the AAA's shooting today really are very talented. 

Seems to vary so much on how busy it is there,last time we started at 10am and  were round in an hour.

This time it took 3.5hrs loads of no birds on the bottom 2 stands,walked down to them twice and then back to the top to shoot others/have something to eat because of the queues.

On one stand it was lucky i checked my name as the scorer hadn't spoken one word to anyone and i found that she had already scored someone else on my card,still didn't say anything during sorting it out or when finished..just not one word (shrugs)

Awful lot of welsh boys there,some had come hours seems they struggle more than us to find shoots spoke to a few all very sociable.

Quite like the ground but its just such a ball ache to get to from Poole 75 miles and always the best part of 2 hours even in my mates new rocketship,quite amusing to see him tiptoe down the hill in it.

Struggled with the big teal which is weird as i didn't struggle with the bigger one on the pool shoot? 

Altogether a very disjointed round just dropped to many silly ones.

You on about the orange teal at the bottom I front of the sheep? 

That caught a lot of people out I think, I got on it by my last pair but too late by then damage done ?

Would love to report "Where I've been" and "How it went" today but was informed yesterday that today's ESP at Purbeck is cancelled due, apparently, to "lack of interest". I'm told that those whose names were already down have been informed.

Again.

It's a shame. Dorset isn't exactly awash with clay shooting facilities. 

Would love to report "Where I've been" and "How it went" today but was informed yesterday that today's ESP at Purbeck is cancelled due, apparently, to "lack of interest". I'm told that those whose names were already down have been informed.

Again.

It's a shame. Dorset isn't exactly awash with clay shooting facilities. 
Shame really as i have ended up being free today so would have probably shot it.

"Lack of interest"...probably because they keep cancelling therefore people don't bother,ever decreasing circles!

Thing is it only requires one member of staff as it is squadded using already set up practice stands so not a lot of effort required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back