Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was 8 the l-r and r-l 'loopers'?  Had a bit of a wait there as well. Hit 5 out of the first 6 then missed the last pair.  Got complacent and drifted the gun through missing behind.  Seem to do that far to often...
L-R quartering away fast and R-L dont remember it being a looper. First bird was getting pushed down with the wind over the field.

Well shot. But 87 shouldn't get you 2nd in B class. 87 should get you a win in A class.
A class and B class were both won with 91 and 2nd 87.

Went to Westfield 85 2 away from C class win...had an absolute mare on the last half...didn't get one of the quartering incoming rocket driven rabbits from the platform and struggled on the second of the driven which are usually one of my best targets.

Bit disappointed as i was well on for a 95+ till the last few stands  :(

Went to Westfield 85 2 away from C class win...had an absolute mare on the last half...didn't get one of the quartering incoming rocket driven rabbits from the platform and struggled on the second of the driven which are usually one of my best targets.

Bit disappointed as i was well on for a 95+ till the last few stands  :(
Well shot. But 87 shouldn't get someone 1st in C class. 87 should get you a win in A class ?

I was just looking at the scores for Horne on Sunday and noticed that a shooter I was shooting behind on several stands (and whom I recognise) does not have their score listed. They seemed to be struggling as blanked one stand. So I suspect did not bother handing in their card to avoid it going on their CPSA scores and lowering their average. That may not be the case but assuming it was – shouldn’t the fact that refs have master score sheets stop this happening?

I was just looking at the scores for Horne on Sunday and noticed that a shooter I was shooting behind on several stands (and whom I recognise) does not have their score listed. They seemed to be struggling as blanked one stand. So I suspect did not bother handing in their card to avoid it going on their CPSA scores and lowering their average. That may not be the case but assuming it was – shouldn’t the fact that refs have master score sheets stop this happening?
Some grounds won't bother looking for it. They figure the customer needs to be kept happy, so leave it be. Not how it should work. I know several people who screw up their bad cards and rarely if ever get pulled up for it. The CPSA will write to you with a ticking off it the ground report it.

It is also possible that they may have entered practice card, unlikely I know but I wouldn't want to pull them up on it just in case. Ultimately reverse sandbagging is a victimless crime.  :lol: Unless he woz sponsored of course. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It is also possible that they may have entered practice card, unlikely I know but I wouldn't want to pull them up on it just in case. Ultimately reverse sandbagging is a victimless crime.  :lol: Unless he woz sponsored of course. 
Sure and thats why I would not mention it. If someone is sad enough to want to inflate their average then crack on. I was more curious that its even possible to do it.

Just don't get it. Manipulation of averages is up or down is cheating. Simples.  Just add up their scores off the master and submit it . No arguing or confrontation. Needs a rule change desperately. Wonder if anyone from the Cpsa is watching this thread. Please do something. It undermines the whole sport. 

Rant over.

Jasper.

They've always asked me before starting at Horne if I just want to shoot as practice or if I want my scores submitted.  Give whoever it was the benefit of the doubt and assume that they were just shooting.

They've always asked me before starting at Horne if I just want to shoot as practice or if I want my scores submitted.  Give whoever it was the benefit of the doubt and assume that they were just shooting.
I've never been asked that at Horne.  I get asked sometimes if I want to go in Ladies or Class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back