Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Four Counties for their 50 ESP as a warm up for Westfield. Did quite well with 47 but when at Westfield it didn't really prepare me. All a bit of a bigger scale! Performed averagely.. Although, 4C did have one absolute monster target.  A trap about 50 yards away, throwing an edgey quartering away, shot at about 65 yards out, on the curl. Phew..

After shooting extremely badly over the last couple of months I knew i had to change something so after a major change to my equipment I was very pleased with a 89 at barrowheath today.
Material change helped? Or just mental shake up?

I went to Four Counties for their 50 ESP as a warm up for Westfield. Did quite well with 47 but when at Westfield it didn't really prepare me. All a bit of a bigger scale! Performed averagely.. Although, 4C did have one absolute monster target.  A trap about 50 yards away, throwing an edgey quartering away, shot at about 65 yards out, on the curl. Phew..
Hell of a target never hit it...think i scared it a few times though!

Hell of a target never hit it...think i scared it a few times though!
I got two of those devils, missed the first behind, got the two middle ones and then missed the last one in front and before you all go oh impossible you must have been behind, I was witnessed by good shots.

I got two of those devils, missed the first behind, got the two middle ones and then missed the last one in front and before you all go oh impossible you must have been behind, I was witnessed by good shots.
That's why it was so tricky. It came out as a screaming 50 yard rising crosser, then slowed and curled away a bit. Missed first one behind I think. I hit second one fairly early with enormous lead, then one other with less, a bit later in the flight. And then missed the last one in front.. borderline a silly target I feel.. I would have toughened another stand somewhere and brought that target in 10-15 yards.

That's why it was so tricky. It came out as a screaming 50 yard rising crosser, then slowed and curled away a bit. Missed first one behind I think. I hit second one fairly early with enormous lead, then one other with less, a bit later in the flight. And then missed the last one in front.. borderline a silly target I feel.. I would have toughened another stand somewhere and brought that target in 10-15 yards.
My approach to it was quite weird.  When I missed the first one, I felt I had nothing to lose so I decided then to  start with a really low gun, swung up to it and then out - very odd but it worked on the two occasions.  

Went to Horne (non reg) as just wanted some practice with the new gun. Fairly usual layout for Gatton but a couple of trickier stands and 1 that was just silly with an edge on orange fast L-R low crosser that was invisible to most after leaving the trap. Finished on an 80 but lost two due to bad scoring. Should know by now to check my card before leaving the stand. Didn't cost me money as B class won with an 84 so no harm done.

First registered shoot with the new gun today. Went to Four Counties which has never been a ground I shoot well at. Nice to bump into a few familiar faces Sian and Will. Made a meal of stand 3 missing first 2 pairs but managed to recover and get a 5/10. That was my only horror stand but dropped a couple of the close rabbit on 9. Was pleasantly surprised when I totted up my card to finish on an 81 as previous best at 4Cs was 74.

Had a brilliant day at Greenfields today with lots of names around so was always going to prove hard to place, managed to straight 7 good stands and only really missed 2 regular Teal I know I should have hit, GD's 99 looked insane/invincible fresh back from game season, a very tasty 96 from young Matt Peddle belied the course and my own 95 was lying third as I left. Had a very pleasant short chat with Stuart Clark and a gent I couldn't place (sorry) as they were just starting so don't know the full placings but really don't care that much as I feel I'd gave it best. 

Well shot again Hamid. 

I don't mind admitting I had a terrible day. Woke up not feeling like it, rather full of cold and if I hadn't arranged to drive my mate I would have dodged it. Crappy score. Oh well, move on. Always next time! ?

Had a brilliant day at Greenfields today with lots of names around so was always going to prove hard to place, managed to straight 7 good stands and only really missed 2 regular Teal I know I should have hit, GD's 99 looked insane/invincible fresh back from game season, a very tasty 96 from young Matt Peddle belied the course and my own 95 was lying third as I left. Had a very pleasant short chat with Stuart Clark and a gent I couldn't place (sorry) as they were just starting so don't know the full placings but really don't care that much as I feel I'd gave it best. 
I cant even imagine a 95 at esp. I have to hand it to you esp shooters ?

will, I don't doubt it. I as you know have been a died in the wool trap shooter for over thirty years and never shot esp unti twelve months ago. I never realised how difficult a discipline it was. I sincerely consider a 90+ at even an easy ground unimaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back