Sporting Shoots 2021. Reports and discussion.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and I'm booked in for the Bennelli semi-auto shoot at AGL on Saturday.  I've shot the semi-auto I bought last year precisely three times, so not expecting much apart from fun.  Churchills again next week as well.

Had my second jab yesterday and today I feel so bad I’m not going to go shooting this Sunday…. Bloody virus 🦠 

Had my second jab yesterday and today I feel so bad I’m not going to go shooting this Sunday…. Bloody virus 🦠 
I had my second jab on Wednesday (Pfizer), didn't feel great yesterday but feel fine today. Hopefully you'll be fighting fit by Sunday chap 

Had it Will, and it was a bugger. Feel like I’ve been run over by a bus, so one Sunday out of it won’t harm.
Was poorly 2 days and out of sorts for another 2 after my 1st Oxford jab,hope the 2nd isn`t as bad!

Bennelli's today at AGL.  Was supposed to be a bit of fun with my semi-auto.  Ended up not wanting to be there.  Miserably drizzly weather and slow going, even though it was squadded.  Never loaded three carts into the gun before and was struggling at first and kept jamming it. Got used to it after the first couple of stands and calmed down a bit.  Actually started enjoying the targets.  Then Stand 9.  Repeated trap breakdowns meant that we waited over an hour in the rain to shoot it.  At that point I just wanted it over.  Dropped loads over the last four stands.  Think I finished on 67, but not sure as I stopped counting.

In other circumstances I think I could quite enjoy this sort of shoot, with sim trio's etc, but nearly four hours just made it miserable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bebo, I think just about everyone has Been there, done that and got very wet in the process.

Its then you start thinking, why didn’t I take up darts instead 😁😁😁

Bennelli's today at AGL.  Was supposed to be a bit of fun with my semi-auto.  Ended up not wanting to be there.  Miserably drizzly weather and slow going, even though it was squadded.  Never loaded three carts into the gun before and was struggling at first and kept jamming in. Got used to it after the first couple of stands and calmed down a it.  Actually started enjoying the targets.  Then Stand 9.  Repeated trap breakdowns meant that we waited over an hour in the rain to shoot it.  At that point I just wanted it over.  Dropped loads over the last four stands.  Think I finished on 67, but not sure as I stopped counting.

In other circumstances I think I could quite enjoy this sort of shoot, with sim trio's etc, but nearly four hours just made it miserable.
68 🥉Well done 

Sooooo...

Entered my first ‘scored’ shoot ever at my local club today.

Managed (what I am calling) a respectable 54 for a first time, with 2 really tricky stands that I lost 8 at each! Most importantly, real fun morning and met some nice folk. Already booked for next week with my new-found squad.

Oh... managed a fluke on a sim pair, taking both birds with one shot! (Try as I might, I couldn’t do it again)

...And just managed to miss the rain, which came just as we finished for tea all round!

Back