Side by Side competitions 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bartlett

Does anyone know of any of the dates and locations for the Side by Side competitions this coming year? 

I am thinking British, European, English for example......

EJ Churchill host the European. Not sure of when, but they usually coincide it with the Thursday reg shoot, around June time.

Edit. EJC site says 'JULY, TBA'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote to AGL asking it they were hosting the British SxS and about dates and was told to keep an eye on the website. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote to AGL asking it they were hosting the British SxS and about dates and was told to keep an eye on the website.
I did the Brit sxs at 'Broomhills' about 5 years ago. Nice ground, but the management at the time put on such a poor course I never went back, for anything. But a new team would get me to give it another go.

yes good question mike. fancy shooting these myself,if any of you hear or see dates etc would you be kind enough to put them up on site please???

Thank for all of your inputs:

I notice that Atkin Grant & Lang Shooting Ground hosted the British open SxS last year but nothing mentioned yet about this year as yet as confirmed by Liz above. 

Is there a World Championship SxS comp just out of interest? 

Don't confuse this British sxs with the real British open(Cpsa) which of course you have the option to shoot a sxs. Think the one at AGL is the one organised by basc in which you may only win by using a British made(hence British) gun. Also a class for foreign made I believe.stand to be corrected. there is another championship somewhere . escapes me at the mo. Held by the on the side club??? Again stand to be corrected.

Jasper

Don't confuse this British sxs with the real British open(Cpsa) which of course you have the option to shoot a sxs. Think the one at AGL is the one organised by basc in which you may only win by using a British made(hence British) gun. Also a class for foreign made I believe.stand to be corrected. there is another championship somewhere . escapes me at the mo. Held by the on the side club??? Again stand to be corrected.

Jasper
AGL is the British Open Side by Side Championship. Last year you could use a British or foreign gun. I think you're mixing it up with GunsOnPegs British Side by Side Championships that was held at Sporting Targets, Riseley. That one had lots of BASC involvement.

You could be right. Sorry if there's been a mix up. Is the agl open a sanctioned (by Cpsa) event??

OK i'M kool with it all . shot the euro's at ejc a few Years ago and got beat by the Mrs with my own gun . ha.

I even bought a gun for it! Got fed up with borrowing some horrendous old nail and taping all sorts of things to it to make it fit. One year I will do it properly and even have a practice. :)

Latest posts

Back