Shooting Glasses ....?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thanks to Edlyons for sorting me out ! Just chilling in Marbella at the moment taking a well earned rest !

If you can afford marbella you can afford Pilla

just saying :)

That's the fella ...near Mr Linakers Pad amongst others ;)

Last edited:
Very nice been a few years since we were there. Lots of high end boats cars and er a certain kind of lady. Loose term. :)

I saw a chap shooting the english at doveridge this year.it was on the saturday when it was chucking it down and he had what looked like normal spectacles on.but they had no lenses in he told me they were his rain glasses.

Yes ...I,m out in one of those dingys tommorow for a spot of diving !

Ooooooppps. It's the Sangria talking ..night all !

Last edited:
I saw a chap shooting the english at doveridge this year.it was on the saturday when it was chucking it down and he had what looked like normal spectacles on.but they had no lenses in he told me they were his rain glasses.
I regularly see people shooting registered comps with ordinary prescription glasses and nobody says anything, tis their business I say.

I've seen guys at international qualifiers wearing just frames when it rains. In my book that's cheating

Its a stupid rule anyway i never wore glasses until we had too why can't we just sign a disclaimer that covers us for all cpsa grounds if we choose not too that's our choice.

I'm probably repeating what others have said but this is my experience:

I hate wearing yellow lenses - everything is far too bright and it makes my eyes hurt.

Top Gun was a waste of money as frames broke twice.

Got given a set of Oakleys by an ex-boyfriend (2nd hand). Found it quite difficult to change the lenses, managed to break a few and some never seemed to stay well in the frame. Liked the G26 lens best but also liked the purple sort of pearlescent ones, no idea of the number: good when cloudy and for orange clays.

Gave them to my husband who struggled cos he's left eye/right shoulder and found he could see too much of the nose piece. He bought pilla instead - problem solved.

Bought my hi-def 2nd hand on eBay, 3 lenses for £200. Added a dark lens (15) for £115 and the bought the 46N the other day. I find them light, comfortable with no distraction from the nose piece. I love the purple lens. It really does make the orange and white clays stand out. I broke 11/12 orange clays on the Wylye pool shoot when the blaze target is often the one I've struggled with. But maybe I was just having a good day

I had an email from a Randolph dealer in the US. $165 including three lens set.

Guess the price of certain glasses is subjective and its all up to the person spending the money. Ive spent a lot of money on glasses, was it worth it, yes (for me at least). Would I do it again, yes.

To me its a bit like, why do people spend £££££'s on 'K' and 'P' guns when a 'B' gun would more than likely do the job for a quarter of the price? Does it make the people buying them idiots/pillocks/deluded for buying something more expensive? Not in my humble opinion.

Maybe its psychological and they believe they will shoot better with the most expensive bit of kit out there.....or *cough* maybe it just works for them?

Who cares, everyones got an opinion......doesn't make it right or wrong.

Just got a yellow lens on a basic pair not branded but from an optician with a slight prescription in, then smeared Vaseline on the right hand lens to stop my right eye dominant left shoulder mount causing me problems! One eye seems to be working ok so far! .

I've seen guys at international qualifiers wearing just frames when it rains. In my book that's cheating
ISSF and FITASC do not have a glasses rule so you do not have to wear them in any international.

Back