Clear Glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpmilo

Hi all,

Does anybody wear clear lenses for shooting, i usually wear vermillion / orange / yellow depending on light conditions. However yesterday i was watching some friends shoot a sporting layout, some under trees ,some against grass banking, and i had a pair of clear glasses on. I personally thought they were better for most presentations, the day was a bit cloudy, bright sunshine .The usual mix.

I have an eye test booked for Thursday and was going to order a new pair of yellow lenses ( depending on prescription ). But i am seriously thinking about replacing the yellow with clear.

Any thoughts ?

Hi all,

Does anybody wear clear lenses for shooting, i usually wear vermillion / orange / yellow depending on light conditions. However yesterday i was watching some friends shoot a sporting layout, some under trees ,some against grass banking, and i had a pair of clear glasses on. I personally thought they were better for most presentations, the day was a bit cloudy, bright sunshine .The usual mix.

I have an eye test booked for Thursday and was going to order a new pair of yellow lenses ( depending on prescription ). But i am seriously thinking about replacing the yellow with clear.

Any thoughts ?
You’ve answered your own question really if clear works well for you. Conventional wisdom says yellow or orange will enhance orange clays but I don’t see anything wrong with clear on a dim day.  A few million years of eye evolution didn’t create  us looking through a colour did it. I think with all the products on the market it’s easy to panic if we’re not using something extra, possibly for little or no reason. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Used some clear on an orange against sky the other day and it was slightly better for me. Still an unnecessary , crap presentation but there you go.  Some people see this  type of presentation  ok. I personally don't. And this is the thing . It's wholly personal to you . So listen to the advice . But ultimately  it will be a decision for you. 

Jasper . 

Used some clear on an orange against sky the other day and it was slightly better for me. Still an unnecessary , crap presentation but there you go.  Some people see this  type of presentation  ok. I personally don't. And this is the thing . It's wholly personal to you . So listen to the advice . But ultimately  it will be a decision for you. 

Jasper . 
Yes, this was the case, i had my shooting glasses with me so as an experiment, i tried my usual go to { vermillion } and the orange  and was amazed that i had a much better  picture with clear lenses. This was against the blue sky and bright white cloud. 

I realise it is a personal to me, but it got me wondering.

Cheers for replies.

A few million years of eye evolution didn’t create  us looking through a colour did it.
I think it was pilla evolution that got us looking through colour  ( at a price ) 😀

Hi all,

Any thoughts ?
yes I've just received my clear lens shooting glasses from j h steward    they are excellent  i use them a lot   but if its bright sunshine i revert to my welding goggles ,  all my glasses are prescription lens      

yes I've just received my clear lens shooting glasses from j h steward    they are excellent  i use them a lot   but if its bright sunshine i revert to my welding goggles ,  all my glasses are prescription lens      
Thats the ones i use, i have prescription lense in all my pairs, i say lense as i only have one eye, so they are a tad cheaper.

Maybe you should ask a former world champion how his eyesight is after being hit in the eye with a piece of clay  ?????🤔

Jasper. 

Latest posts

Back