Shooting Glasses ....?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a young shooter at 26. My eyes are very good and dont need glasses etc. I bought a set of the Outlaw X Zeiss and 
i dont care what anyone says. For me they help me see the clay better against a number of different backgrounds.
Best 600 quid i have spent in a long time.
I am a young shooter at 26. My eyes are very good and dont need glasses etc. I bought a set of the Outlaw X Zeiss and 
i dont care what anyone says. For me they help me see the clay better against a number of different backgrounds.
Best 600 quid i have spent in a long time.[

£600 quid for a set of glasses, ! It's your head that needs testing not your eyes. There must be a serious mark up on these

5 lens set of Pilla are similar but you get what you pay for. I have lost count of how many i have had over the years most have been terrible. Pilla are comfortable have no bridge in vision and the clarity is excellent.

Yeah but that wasn't for mere Outlaws, it was the Thieving Bstaard model.

Last edited by a moderator:
£600! (and i've seen the, dearer than that) Not only is that ridiculously expensive, it's completely unnecessary. There's glasses of identical performance for a quarter of the money.

I'm now selling the PILLA Outlaw X & Fugitive glasses.

I've tested most glasses out and I think they are by far the best. Very light weight and they have the best field of vision.

The red 52HC lens is the best in my opinion.

They are not cheap but if people rub me right I'll try and do a special price!! :)

There is just no helping people with advice any more. Ed Lyons post was spot on. Also people's eyes are all different as they read colours.....so you cannot really advise others.......only how you find yours work for you.

Obviously there is going to be a big difference in people who embrace new technology.....and see it as value for money......and those who don't and won't .

The fact that 'you' whoever you are.....might think that it is expensive....does not really come into the equation for lots of people.

very helpful posts ..

as I scratched Oakley`s which I never liked - brought pair on the british shooting show,

and I think the reasonable price and quality I can get for the Randolphs .. reading the posts, the only one thing worries me is the size..

as I am tiny, and my head is tiny :fie:   sowonder how you get the size correct for yourself ?

Cheers :)

I'm now selling the PILLA Outlaw X & Fugitive glasses.

I've tested most glasses out and I think they are by far the best. Very light weight and they have the best field of vision.

The red 52HC lens is the best in my opinion.

They are not cheap but if people rub me right I'll try and do a special price!! :)

I bought a set of Outlaw X's but they suffer terribly from condensation inside the lens :fie:

I bought a set of Outlaw X's but they suffer terribly from condensation inside the lens :fie:
Mine don't get condensation at all....even shooting in hot weather last week in France.

You must be sweaty Ray :laugh:

I haven't found that they steam up. You must be hot

Well I only wear a T-shirt in the snow in Winter so I must be Hot :crazy:

I've had to resort to buying anti fog spray for them. :hi:

I was just about to buy the 46N Lens for them but I'm not paying £185 for one lens, I'll wait

till I get out to America next week hopefully they are about $125 out there. :nyam:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed - $900 for a 3 lens set? Isn't this a bit like High Def TV's? The human eye can see 10m different colours and hues (roughly) and only the central part of our vision can see in HD, this resolution decreases as it moves to the peripheral vision. So there is a natural limit, beyond which is totally pointless because your eyes won't or can't deal with it, bit like Super HD TV (4 times HD quality) totally pointless...

Don't know. I've got a portable black and white Toshiba. Been ages since there's been anything good on. Fiddled with the aerial too....

Ed - $900 for a 3 lens set? Isn't this a bit like High Def TV's? The human eye can see 10m different colours and hues (roughly) and only the central part of our vision can see in HD, this resolution decreases as it moves to the peripheral vision. So there is a natural limit, beyond which is totally pointless because your eyes won't or can't deal with it, bit like Super HD TV (4 times HD quality) totally pointless...
True...but you do not shoot using your peripheral vision....you aquire the flash with it (if ness) then you shoot with centre vision because by then hopefully the eyes have the target :wink:

I never doubted eds post for one minute, as I'm led to believe he is one of the best in his field. Just saying 600 bucks is a lot of money for the average shooter on a budget, shooting perhaps 2 or 3 registered shoots a month. what with entry's ,cartridges and fuel all on the up its hard to justify it all

Quite right...you should always pick what you can afford. There are lots of choice out there.

I was replying as a competition shot who wants to get the most advantage possible.

Each to their own.

Latest posts

Back