Lyalvale English Sporter fibre ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garwood

Any views on these from the collective ? What are they like for recoil compared to Power Red/Blue etc?

Thanks.

I think I’ve only shot them in plas wad. They were thumpy, the fibres should be worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've shot the fibres, I can't tell you what they are like compared to power red/blue, but they are very similar to Gamebore Velocity+ if you have ever used them. I didn't find them thumpy but I only shoot fibre so maybe I'm numb to it🙂

English Sporter fibre wads are my go-to ammo for shoots where plastic wads are banned, I started using them probably eight or more years ago because they were a good price back in the day and they have stood the test of time for me. Results have given me the confidence to carry on using them. I still have a slab at home for the next time I do Cottesloe heath. Use them with confidence, buy some and make up your own mind about recoil, I can't say if they are notably better or worse than Power Blues which I also use from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use power red plastic and fibre for all my clay Shooting and have done for years. I find the recoil less that Hull Superfast in both models. They give great breaks through 3/8 choke. The only time I use a different cartridge is for long range targets. 

I use power red plastic and fibre for all my clay Shooting and have done for years. I find the recoil less that Hull Superfast in both models. They give great breaks through 3/8 choke. The only time I use a different cartridge is for long range targets. 
You must mean Superfast fibres?

Just shows how we all experience recoil differently. They're one of the few cartridges I can't live with recoil/noise wise.

As for English Sporters I found the plastics a really good load. The fibres are quite thumpy but someone who uses fibre exclusively may find them ok.

PM.

Thanks for the responses,I think that I may try a box rather than a slab when the opportunity arises ! 

They are my clubs home cartridge (in plastic) so I've shot a couple of thousand (in plastic). I don't think they are particularly thumpy at all.

Give them a go and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just shows how we all experience recoil differently. They're one of the few cartridges I can't live with recoil/noise wise.

As for English Sporters I found the plastics a really good load. The fibres are quite thumpy but someone who uses fibre exclusively may find them ok.

PM.
I shoot Gamebore Velocities in Fibre but like you, I didn't get on with English Sporters. I had a headache after 50

A friend that I shoot with has returned some English Sporters in fibre. Several went off with a 'pop' leaving the wads in the barrels. Thankfully we all heard the unusual sound, and I carry a 3 piece rod in the bottom of my range bag.

A friend that I shoot with has returned some English Sporters in fibre. Several went off with a 'pop' leaving the wads in the barrels. Thankfully we all heard the unusual sound, and I carry a 3 piece rod in the bottom of my range bag.
That could be so dangerous if another cartridge had been fired, scary

Back