Hey

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffle

Hi, I am new so i thought i would just say hello. I have just got a licence and am struggling with the choices that are out there, I am mostly interested in clays - any advice would be helpful, do you buy old or new? and which makes?. Bit of a desperate first post but I don't want my first gun to be a lemon. Oh and hello by the way

Hi, I am new so i thought i would just say hello. I have just got a licence and am struggling with the choices that are out there, I am mostly interested in clays - any advice would be helpful, do you buy old or new? and which makes?. Bit of a desperate first post but I don't want my first gun to be a lemon. Oh and hello by the way

Hiya, welcome aboard! Plenty of advice on the way, mostly centred around Beretta, Browning, Miroku! I'll let the knowledgeable people on here tell you why...! Have fun. :D

Hi,

You wont go far wrong with an old Miroku mk38 or the 3800, Cheap to buy & they last for ever

Hi,

WOW was not expecting such a quick response, do you recommend second hand or new, I have been on web sites and seen what seems to be great deals but what should i look out for? how can you tell if a shot gun has been well looked after?, is there anything in particular i should avoid or look out for?, Does anyone recommend fitting or should I just buy one i like and try it out_- if I buy new it would only be the basic Miroku, Browning or Berretta but I would appreciate any advice on what to buy and where to buy it

Hi,

WOW was not expecting such a quick response, do you recommend second hand or new, I have been on web sites and seen what seems to be great deals but what should i look out for? how can you tell if a shot gun has been well looked after?, is there anything in particular i should avoid or look out for?, Does anyone recommend fitting or should I just buy one i like and try it out_- if I buy new it would only be the basic Miroku, Browning or Berretta but I would appreciate any advice on what to buy and where to buy it
Basic is plenty good enough ;-) fancy wood & engraving doesn't make you shoot any better. For a first gun I would but second hand, (less depreciation & you might not like or stick with it) make sure the gun it not to loose, stock not cracked, left or right handed, barrels & chamber are not pitted, and not been butchered....

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks for the helpful advice - will start looking at internet now!!

Thanks for the helpful advice - will start looking at internet now!!
Don't rush in to buying your first gun. Go to a ground with a gun shop & try as many as you can first. once you have an idea on what barrel length your comfortable with, and price they are fetching, then make the decision

Hi and welcome, used is your best bet, as mentioned try out a few at gunshops, preferably with somewhere to try them with advice, you won't goo far wrong with miruk, browning, barretta, expect to pay around 600 upwards

Hi,

Thanks for the advice everyone, as i live in North Kent i have a day booked wednesday to try a few different guns at the local clay shoot, i have booked a couple of guns and hope i can get a rough idea of what is out there and available, i definitely intend to take the advice given - not rush to buy the first gun i try and see what is available, what length barrel I am comfortable with and to shop around, I am looking with an open mind now thanks for your help

Hi,

Finally done it , took a few guns to the local clay shoot, who were as usual very helpful, To be honest some shots were closer than others, and some i could not hit a barn door with, I finally ended up with a  Silver Pigeon. For some reason i found it more comfortable and hit more clays with it, the only problem now is my wife wants one !!!- -thanks for all your help :cool:  ,now its lessons for me!!

Latest posts

Back