Fiocchi cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just revive this Fiocchi thread and see if @Geordieboy is still around shooting Fiocchi offical sporting?  I’ve got the option to pick some up also the Fiocchi Rossa for the same price. Anyone shot these ones, be interested in how they got on with them. I’m going to grab a slab or 2  of each anyway, finding the FBlacks can be quite snappy which doesn’t help with quick transitional shots, find I have to bully the gun more to keep things constant. Rangey stuff they’re great. 

Friend shot a couple of slabs of them and found them very smooth to shoot, he gave me a few to try and I agreed.

He's back on the Fblu's only because of the cost nothing else

Edit: just picked up another 1k still £235 a thousand around here

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend shot a couple of slabs of them and found them very smooth to shoot, he gave me a few to try and I agreed.

He's back on the Fblu's only because of the cost nothing else

Edit: just picked up another 1k still £235 a thousand around here
Agreed. It’s sad how much cost is now becoming a major influencing factor for clay shooting nowadays. Sad thing is I can’t see cartridge prices ever coming down either. I’ve just picked up a few slabs of each will see how I get on. 

Official sporting are good  . Pretty smooth devastating  breaks. I personally am not a fan of the Rossa. Bit sharp for me recoil wise. 

But when alls said and done I always revert  to fblus. Simply because they break EVERYTHING and are good value and to me they feel super smooth. 

Having said  that just picked up a job lot. And there's all sorts in there . Some B and P(first impressions  , thumpy), fiocchi official and golden ,and fblacks some sovereigns and some  vips.  But when they're  gone it's fblus for me. 

Jasper. 

Official sporting are good  . Pretty smooth devastating  breaks. I personally am not a fan of the Rossa. Bit sharp for me recoil wise. 

But when alls said and done I always revert  to fblus. Simply because they break EVERYTHING and are good value and to me they feel super smooth. 

Having said  that just picked up a job lot. And there's all sorts in there . Some B and P(first impressions  , thumpy), fiocchi official and golden ,and fblacks some sovereigns and some  vips.  But when they're  gone it's fblus for me. 

Jasper. 
I started out on the FBlu’s then onto the FBlacks just found the recoil impulse better on the FBlacks and the breaks were fantastic as well. In fairness I don’t think Fiocchi makes a bad cartridge. As long as the one we shoot we have confidence in that’s half the battle. The packaging alone looks blooming marvellous on the Rossas and officials that’s gotta get me a few more kill for sure 😂 

I've got some Official sporting some rossas some red F3s and some TT2s I cannot tell the difference between any of them, apart from the price.

I've got some Official sporting some rossas some red F3s and some TT2s I cannot tell the difference between any of them, apart from the price.
I’ve shot TT2’s and can most definitely feel the difference to them and FBlue FBlacks. The patterns and breaks are not as good as FBlacks without a doubt. The recoil is also different to me. We all feel recoil differently 😉

I shoot F Blacks, but always carry a box of Rossas if there are any rangey targets being thrown. To be fair i dont use many of them as the blacks seem to manage most targets. I think there is a wee bit more recoil in the Rossa.

I did buy a  thousand F blues and they kill well. Hell of a centre density pattern at distance. But they seem hard to get hold off anywhere i shop.

I wonder if anything will change in the range of Fiocchi's when made in Lichfield ?

I do wonder what future Fiocchi see for Express.

Merely a UK based loading plant for Fiocchi uk? Their budget loads are already undercutting Express's offerings.

I fear in years to come Lyalvale Express will slowly disappear which will be a shame.

PM.

Fiocchi are undercutting all the UK based suppliers, and that's with them exporting to the UK. Now Fiocchi are a business that sees a growing market in the UK and their takeover of Lyalvale gives them a production site here saving export costs

I think it's the other manufacturers that need to worry they have been ripping off the UK market for too long, I just hope Fiocchi don't follow their way

Fiocchi are undercutting all the UK based suppliers, and that's with them exporting to the UK. Now Fiocchi are a business that sees a growing market in the UK and their takeover of Lyalvale gives them a production site here saving export costs

I think it's the other manufacturers that need to worry they have been ripping off the UK market for too long, I just hope Fiocchi don't follow their way
Judging by how the rest of the planet is behaving at the minute I think we’ll see Fiocchi operate the same. Increased profits and margins. Hope I’m wrong, but have a feeling I’m not. So much greed at the minute, humanity has lost sight of what’s important. Bit deep for a Sunday morning but unfortunately true. My concern is it will irreparably damage the sport, I’m already seeing reduced foot fall at grounds. Now the weathers turned as well even less foot fall. Next year will be the tell, buy cartridges or put the heating on? 

Judging by how the rest of the planet is behaving at the minute I think we’ll see Fiocchi operate the same. Increased profits and margins. Hope I’m wrong, but have a feeling I’m not. So much greed at the minute, humanity has lost sight of what’s important. Bit deep for a Sunday morning but unfortunately true. My concern is it will irreparably damage the sport, I’m already seeing reduced foot fall at grounds. Now the weathers turned as well even less foot fall. Next year will be the tell, buy cartridges or put the heating on? 
I agree, people are hiding behind cost increase stories for exaggerated price rises in all spheres. Cartridges are a prime example. In the south you can’t even get a cup of tea and a bacon roll for under £6 at many shooting grounds. I’m sure that’s 40-50% more than two years ago. 

I agree, people are hiding behind cost increase stories for exaggerated price rises in all spheres. Cartridges are a prime example. In the south you can’t even get a cup of tea and a bacon roll for under £6 at many shooting grounds. I’m sure that’s 40-50% more than two years ago. 
Sad times @Will Hewland. We need a big readjustment in mindset and a roll back to bygone days living by the same morals our nans and grandads lived by. Sadly don’t think we’ll ever see that way of living ever again. It’s a right proper mess I tell thee. 

as an aside, wouldn’t it be marvellous if the whole shooting fraternity all said enough is enough and went on strike? I mean every one else is doing it. Minus the picket lines of course, we could just stay home with the heating on and ride out the cold weather 😂 

Wish I’d stayed home today, thought I’d go to Westfield so loaded up the car set off at 9.30, got as far as j13 of the M5 and the snow was falling thick and fast, 3 lanes reduced to a crawl, and numerous accidents on the south bound side, suffice to say I turned around and headed home, next time I’ll REALLY listen to the weather forecast and check on the traffic reports. ☹️☹️

They still have to ship the product here though,whether as loaded cartridges or components as all the other loaders have to.

They still have to ship the product here though,whether as loaded cartridges or components as all the other loaders have to.
They have their reasons to buy out Lyalvale else why bother. They can ship their products to one address and distribute to their dealers in the UK, whether it be components or complete cartridges made here or abroad     

Latest posts

Back