Fiocchi cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Lyalvale was profitable and fiocchi could get a return on investment, why not buy them. Ideal situation, buy a profitable company that you can add value to and benefit your other investments.

Increased market share. Monopolise the industry. 

just revive this Fiocchi thread and see if @Geordieboy is still around shooting Fiocchi offical sporting?  I’ve got the option to pick some up also the Fiocchi Rossa for the same price. Anyone shot these ones, be interested in how they got on with them. I’m going to grab a slab or 2  of each anyway, finding the FBlacks can be quite snappy which doesn’t help with quick transitional shots, find I have to bully the gun more to keep things constant. Rangey stuff they’re great. 
Good afternoon TK421,

apologies for the delay, it appears that I can't answer forums from my phone for some reason!

I moved away from Fiocchi a couple of years ago, due to hard primers and some patterning issues in my Perazzi (but that is another story).

I've shot Eley for the past 2.5 years until this year, hard and low primers and delaminating wads got me back out to search for my next 10,000 shells.

I quite literally patterned some Officials and shot 100 off yesterday in my Fixed choke Mk38.  I like the recoil feel of Officials (I always have), and am contemplating the switch back.  In my gun, the Officials pattern nice and even.  F-Blacks by comparison shoot a tight centre core with a sparsely populated outer 10".  Yesterday, Official Sporting 8.5's (8 shot) gave me the best breaks due more to the fact that there are more pellets in the pattern than in the Trap 7.5's (7 shot).  Pattern density is 75% and 71% accordingly on the pattern plate. 

Pay a bit more and the Official Rossas 7.5's (7 shot), give 82% density and very even at 40yds, but are a little more pepped up, (not by much but I can feel it).

If it was me, I am considering the Green F3's out to 30yds, and the Official Sporting out 50yds.  I can always have a box of F-Blacks 7.5's in my bag for really long stuff.  However, for a typical sporting layout, the 2 first cartridges will suffice.

Now whether they are good enough to drag me away from Hull Pro-Piston and Hull Pro-One 7.5's is another thing entirely.  The margins are incredibly fine here, but the pattern density of the Pro-ones is the best I have come across at 86+% at 40yds.  With that many pellets I find that these will break anything out there and I also prefer the recoil of the Pro-ones....... but like I say, I am splitting hairs.

I am an Engineer, and I need to know the far end of a fart about whatever I do...... and it doesn't help when you are a shotgun shooter!

You won't go wrong with Official Sporting shells.  Oh and just so you know, the shot actually measures 7.75 shot so a little bit heavier and that is always a bonus!

Good afternoon TK421,

apologies for the delay, it appears that I can't answer forums from my phone for some reason!

I moved away from Fiocchi a couple of years ago, due to hard primers and some patterning issues in my Perazzi (but that is another story).

I've shot Eley for the past 2.5 years until this year, hard and low primers and delaminating wads got me back out to search for my next 10,000 shells.

I quite literally patterned some Officials and shot 100 off yesterday in my Fixed choke Mk38.  I like the recoil feel of Officials (I always have), and am contemplating the switch back.  In my gun, the Officials pattern nice and even.  F-Blacks by comparison shoot a tight centre core with a sparsely populated outer 10".  Yesterday, Official Sporting 8.5's (8 shot) gave me the best breaks due more to the fact that there are more pellets in the pattern than in the Trap 7.5's (7 shot).  Pattern density is 75% and 71% accordingly on the pattern plate. 

Pay a bit more and the Official Rossas 7.5's (7 shot), give 82% density and very even at 40yds, but are a little more pepped up, (not by much but I can feel it).

If it was me, I am considering the Green F3's out to 30yds, and the Official Sporting out 50yds.  I can always have a box of F-Blacks 7.5's in my bag for really long stuff.  However, for a typical sporting layout, the 2 first cartridges will suffice.

Now whether they are good enough to drag me away from Hull Pro-Piston and Hull Pro-One 7.5's is another thing entirely.  The margins are incredibly fine here, but the pattern density of the Pro-ones is the best I have come across at 86+% at 40yds.  With that many pellets I find that these will break anything out there and I also prefer the recoil of the Pro-ones....... but like I say, I am splitting hairs.

I am an Engineer, and I need to know the far end of a fart about whatever I do...... and it doesn't help when you are a shotgun shooter!

You won't go wrong with Official Sporting shells.  Oh and just so you know, the shot actually measures 7.75 shot so a little bit heavier and that is always a bonus!
Thanks for the reply @Geordieboy I’ll come back to you a little later on as I’m heading out the door. 

This is in the bag currently plus I still have a slab of pro ones and FBlack for comparison. 

C98F6145-711F-46EA-8B45-DDD91A165126.jpeg

@Geordieboy just a quick update whilst I have 5 mins on the officials and Rossa’s. Firstly, for me both are worth the price delta against the Fblack’s, a lot smoother on the shoulder and more refined, drop in is also smooth. Breaks are comparable between the 2 in my opinion, maybe rangey stuff slightly better with the Rossa? But I’m splitting hairs as either will ink them at all ranges. For me I feel the official sporting is the best all rounder and if I had to buy one it would be this one. I need to shoot a few thousand to get a proper feel for it and that’s my next plan into the new year. The Biors were also very good, would love to try them on some rabbits but close in stuff smashed things up, again so did the official, felt like there was only a slight difference in how ‘on’ target I needed to be but when the official were pointed in the right direction they simply vaporised the clay like no other cartridge I’ve ever shot, including pro ones. 
I know officials and Rossa aren’t cheap by and means but they are cheaper than pro ones and to me feel a good step above, more akin to sovereign level which are £330+?  (This is me justifying the extra spend over FBlacks, which lets be honest are more than good enough, as are Fblus) 
So glad I found Fiochhi, mainly due to the fact that Hull ramped up their prices and I stopped buying pro ones, thank you Hull 🙏 

Morning 

So then I shot (rather badly) on Sunday and shot the Official 7's against my Hull Pro-One 7.5's.  All of the big stuff was hammered by both shells but for sure the Officials gave the most convincing breaks.  I just prefer the recoil of the Hulls to the officials.  

All the same, pound for pound the Fiocchi F3 Biors and the Official 8.5's or 7.5's would be a fantastic choice to cover 95% of targets set on Sporting Layouts.  I would buy a slab of Rossas to hold the pattern out for really long targets.

Currently, I still have 4000 Hulls to fire off before I make my next order and the Jury is still out, however I have done all of my comparisons, and it will be either Fiocchi or Hull for sure.

Morning 

So then I shot (rather badly) on Sunday and shot the Official 7's against my Hull Pro-One 7.5's.  All of the big stuff was hammered by both shells but for sure the Officials gave the most convincing breaks.  I just prefer the recoil of the Hulls to the officials.  

All the same, pound for pound the Fiocchi F3 Biors and the Official 8.5's or 7.5's would be a fantastic choice to cover 95% of targets set on Sporting Layouts.  I would buy a slab of Rossas to hold the pattern out for really long targets.

Currently, I still have 4000 Hulls to fire off before I make my next order and the Jury is still out, however I have done all of my comparisons, and it will be either Fiocchi or Hull for sure.
I think any differences at this level between official and pro one are probably more psychological than anything else as they both break well. But for me it’s the psychological element at this level that’s the most important factor as confidence in your kit breeds consistency in your breaks. So I’d go with which ever gives you the most confidence. But, and there is a but the pro ones are more expensive than the officials and I genuinely don’t believe they are worth the extra, as mentioned in my earlier post the official feel too me to be more on par with sovereign and rossa more Parcours? I’m going to keep a stock of official 8.5 and rossa, plus a slab or bior for 23 and see how things go. Both rossa and official are incredibly capable cartridges. I was shooting really tricky far out looping targets last week that nobody in my squad could connect with, both cartridges just smashed them to pieces. Dropping only one bird out of the 8. I know, I was just as shocked 😂 

Fiocchi average price rise increase circa £30-£40 per thousand! 

in other news, ripping the combi boiler out tomorrow who needs hot water 😂 

Getting more expensive chaps

Yep ,,  reading back through this thread we were hoping they would be benevolent when they bought Lyalvale and bring real competition to the market. Unfortunately they may be Cartel leaders

Bought 1000 Fiocchi this am, mix of fibre & plaswads as ground has fibre only policy for practice, found myself only shooting a pair of anything I immediately found “steady” whereas anything a bit of a challenge was more intense, perversely these price increases may make me more circumspect in what I shoot

Hello, I hope it's ok to revive this thread. I'm a new shooter so I asked my local practice ground ( it's a van in a field with 10 traps) for a thousand Gamebore Evo which they didn't have but they steered me to FIOCCHI LITESPEED 26gram 8. I started reading this thread to see what people said about the Litespeed - interesting - but also the price and a 10% rise last winter. I see Just Cartridges asking for £280 and my local ground asking £262. Do you think we're due another big jump in price this year when stocks are replenished?

Hello, I hope it's ok to revive this thread. I'm a new shooter so I asked my local practice ground ( it's a van in a field with 10 traps) for a thousand Gamebore Evo which they didn't have but they steered me to FIOCCHI LITESPEED 26gram 8. I started reading this thread to see what people said about the Litespeed - interesting - but also the price and a 10% rise last winter. I see Just Cartridges asking for £280 and my local ground asking £262. Do you think we're due another big jump in price this year when stocks are replenished?
There is at least a 6% rise coming on Express as far as I know 🙄👍

Let’s not forget when lead gets banned and we switch to steel, we will obviously see prices come tumbling down because steels a lot cheaper than lead. :p Yeah right.
one thing you can guarantee is prices will continue to increase

Had a "top up" of Fiocchi's on Wednesday, and the gents in Park Street Guns mentioned an imminent Fiocchi price rise. Pretty sure 6% was also mentioned.

The Fblacks were made to cycle semi autos specifically. They produce a different pressure curve (pressure over time is longer, the pressure curve has a plateau and slightly higher peak). They will likely feel more punchy than the FBlues. If you dont need the pressure then use the blues. However some guns, depending on tolerances, chokes, forcing cones, may simply pattern better with one or the other. Its trial and error. Both are great carts and superb value.

Latest posts

Back