Cleaning kit or separates

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full length mop.

Tin of oil such as legia 

Can of youngs 303

Tooth brush

Rag

Job done.

I've never seen a kit that was quite right.. So separate elements for me. But a basic Bisley kit is a good way to get some of the parts you need.

got mine with the gun but only added a toothbrush, Napier Spray and a feather (for cleaning under the rib)....

I was asking myself the same question the other day. Bear in mind that I have owned my gun all of seven months, so treat my responses with that in mind.

After getting the gun, I bought a basic bore snake, some Napier cleaner in a spraycan & a tube of Napier VP90 grease - all from an online store. Along with some simple cleaning cloths, that seemed to take care of all of the basic tasks.

Since then, I bought a Beretta cleaning kit from the gun shop in Chichester. This came with a rod, wire brush, spiral brush, mop, jag, patches, oil, grease, rubber gloves, snap caps (best not mention those around here), small brush & microfibre cloth. 

I was really only after the rods, jag & wire brush, but the additional items seemed like added value (for example, the Beretta oil & grease bottles are available separately, but around £9 each), plus everything packed away into a useful storage case. I compared the Bisley kit with the Beretta version in the shop, and in my opinion, the Beretta items looked better quality. I probably could have bought the parts more cheaply individually (though not from Beretta), but here they all were, in one box.

As Will said earlier, no kit will probably be quite right, but it will give you all of the basics, plus somewhere to store the parts (depending on what you buy). 

There the work of the devil totally useless potentially dangerous you don't need them. That's what they are.

I was given a little cleaning kit (rod, jag, mop and bronze brushes) with my first gun along with a tin of Legia.

I have picked up so many bits and pieces along the way that my 'kit' now fills a tool box (tooth brushes for internal choke threads,  cleaning mat, screw drivers,  grease, rags etc etc etc)!

Latest posts

Back