A problem with Napier Ultraclean

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I don't worry about a few streaks in front of the forcing cones, I've polished them out before now and after the next shoot there back so I just leave them I do use fibre wad cartridges though 

Yeah, I don’t like the streaks but life’s too short. I’ll brush them out every 1000 shells or so, not every shoot. 

Just buy a Payne Galway brush and scrub  ,or the Yorkshire method , green pan scrub cut to fit tight and use a brass jag . 
I've gone for a bit of a hybrid of the above. Payne Galway on the end section of the rod, chucked up in a drill and buzzed through. It worked, in as much as all the streaks are horizontal bands now, instead of going the length of the barrel! Soon as I pushed through with more of the tape it was back to the same

I'm kind of over it now. I know that if I set aside enough time and effort I would be able to polish them out. But I also know the next time I use it they will be right back. And I don't want to spend more time cleaning my gun than I do shooting it.

I'll keep trying to find a way to have a spotless gun, but unfortunately I think that means leaving it in the cabinet.

Latest posts

Back