BICTSF What's going on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinker bell said:
Found it Les...and it was one of Sandie's posts in the region. 

Pale green, lightweight. Spanish and cheap 60 or 70 euros if i remember....several colours.

If you want me to get you one when i am in Madrid them PM me your chest size and what colours you fancy....and i will see what they have. Put your mobile on the PM and i will ping you a photo of the colours. 

Keep it quiet though...we don't want everyone on them. :wink:

Edit...forgot to say they have loads of colours Light green, dark green, red, blue, black, beige etc.

Black with black suedey bits or light suedy bits or brown etc etc
Tinker bell said:
Found it Les...and it was one of Sandie's posts in the region. 

Pale green, lightweight. Spanish and cheap 60 or 70 euros if i remember....several colours.

If you want me to get you one when i am in Madrid them PM me your chest size and what colours you fancy....and i will see what they have. Put your mobile on the PM and i will ping you a photo of the colours. 

Keep it quiet though...we don't want everyone on them. :wink:

Edit...forgot to say they have loads of colours Light green, dark green, red, blue, black, beige etc.

Black with black suedey bits or light suedy bits or brown etc etc
Ok Nic, will ping you!

Tinker bell said:
Because it does not work like that unfortunately.

eg. The Issf have no interest in the Fitasc disciplines or the European and World DTL or the World sporting set up by Cpsa and the Americans.

Like wise the UK sporting side  or FITASC Paris side does not really have any interest in the DTL  (they see it as too slow) or any interest in ISSF because that is Olympics etc etc etc. Obviously here i am giving the short version...roughed up quick for a simplistic answer.

It is impossible to have a one size fits all.....without someone losing out.

Eg. You will never see on the British Shooting website ...all the wins obtained abroad by the shooters in the Fitasc disciplines (we win too much), likewise if you remember back in late summer, we did not see any of the Fitasc wins in South Africa etc etc appear on the CPSA website...yet the ISSF and CWG shooter featured a lot. You will never see Home International results put on British Shooting site....or on BICTSF site.

Best just sit back ...decide what you want to shoot....go shoot it ....and be happy.....and if you win anything...hope that someone will report it somewhere...and you get your 5 minutes of fame ...until the next time....then try to go out and win some more.

The payoff is really the satisfaction that you get yourself when you achieve something great. The cup or medal is there with you forever if it is an international. If it is a national...then you get it for a year (sometimes) and plenty of pictures. So remember to take loads.

Then you have the satisfaction in your own home for years and years and years.....and it does not then in reality ...matter...what anyone else does.

Simplistic...I know.

:wink: But as always.....true..!
Just add to the above the different disciplines of shooting, the different types of guns, shotgun, smallbore and fullbore and then the different home countries which each need an organisation to choose their teams for home nations comps and Commonwealth Games. In maths its like Combinations!

It's interesting reading this thread and other similar ones.  As someone who is comparatively new to the world of clay shooting I confess to being baffled by who is responsible for what and where any lines of demarcation lie.

I'm not suggesting that it is unique to shooting, but there does seem to be an excess of competing interests between the various bodies and from what I have seen so far nobody really seems to be happy with anything.

It does make it interesting in trying to work it all out though!

I'm not suggesting that it is unique to shooting, but there does seem to be an excess of competing interests between the various bodies and from what I have seen so far nobody really seems to be happy with anything.
So would that activity of competing interests be a "sport" or a "game"?

So would that activity of competing interests be a "sport" or a "game"?
I rather suspect it is more of a hindrance than anything else :)

No doubt there will be some individuals involved that probably do look on it as somewhat of a game or sport, but that probably does a great disservice to many participants of all the shooting disciplines.

As I said though, I am just trying to learn and understand the bureaucracy behind it all. 

Well, so much for the new BICTSF website which was rumoured as going live this week?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a more provocative word than Nefarious, it's "They!"

tiroVesti seamless performance clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting reading this thread and other similar ones. As someone who is comparatively new to the world of clay shooting I confess to being baffled by who is responsible for what and where any lines of demarcation lie.

It does make it interesting in trying to work it all out though!
Probably just best to give up trying to understand it and enjoy you chosen sport for what it is and means to you.

There are too many people involved with very different agendas.

Those that are dictating things at the moment seem to be based in the; those that are want to hand pick what they believe to be some sort of thoroughbred in an attempt to keep their funded jobs to win olympic medals and those who are employed to jobs get wobbly women into sport (yes you read it hear first, expect in on a billboard in your area soon). Nothing wrong with either intention it just seems that everyone else and the bodies that have existed to support them are being forgotten and displaced as they don't attract funding and political kudos.

Think the bun fight will go on until after the next olympics when any attempt of maintaining the olympic legacy myth is put to rest. Leaving those that truly love the sports they are into to get on with it and do what is best to attract new people and get the best to the top.

Just my thoughts.

Ps if the government really wanted people to get fit and have a life outside work and tesco/asda/ ikea/ next etc. they would bring back Sunday closing.

:fie:  Gee Nic,  You must tell "Im indoors" to put sugar in your tea on a Sunday morning at 7.00 am!  CUT OUT THE LEMON! :crazy:

I thought that the Femme Fatals were partnering the This Girl Can thing?

I would agree...and perhaps The Can project isn't aren't actually linked to FF.  I only mentioned it as I had seen a statement claiming to be a proud to partner the This Girl Can project. Maybe the phrase "parter" should have read "supporter of more woman in sports"? 

What you suggest they should be doing with shooting, they are in fact doing with other sports though, so perhaps they will get there? 

I get the idea on how to do it, and the sports that are currently liked to that do exactly that.  click rowing on the Can website and it gives you brief rundown on whats involved, equipment needed, and, links to 2 websites to get involved. 

But, I specifically saw a statement that FF were Proud Partners of the Can Project, yet, as you say, there is nothing on the Can website. 

Could this also mainly be linked to Not-For-Profit as its Lotto funded?  On rowing it links to British Rowing, in which case both the FF and S&CBC wouldn't qualify as they are businesses?

Latest posts

Back