advice appreciated

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I tried  DT11 demo, I wasn't that impressed, had trouble with opening it in the first place lever was so tight in needed quite a lot of force to open. The finish for their flagship clay buster was disappointing imho too. But there are plenty of people out there very happy I'm sure.

In the end I went with a CG Invictus 1 Allsport.

Edit: And over the moon with it 😀

IMG_2237.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of changing my caesar for a dt11    should i  ?      
Depends on several things. If you’re buying new then, in my view, the DT11 is much more of a gun than a Cesar Guerini. I’ve not shot more than a few shells through one but having had a good look at them they seem more style over substance. I’m sure others love them but, for me, they’re not in the same ballpark as a premium grade Beretta.

I would say, if you’re buying used avoid an early DT11. After a year or so the flaws had been ironed out.

Try a DT11, see how it performs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a DT11, never had an issue with it, and liked it. I later changed it for my current gun, for no particular reason, and would happily shoot with a DT11 again.

That's one problem about asking for advice on a forum, those with the gun are going to say their the bees knees and the same goes with any of the other brands.

My advice is to ignore what anyone says and go try one, your choice your money 😁

15 or so years ago most people, including me, regarded CGs as little more than dressed up Italian budget guns. There are some who still feel that way.

About 6 or 7 years ago I asked the owner of a well known shooting ground with on site gun shop what he though of them. He trotted out the usual trade opinion about them being not as robust or durable as the big names. He's now one of the biggest CG dealers.

The registered sporting shooters want the best scores and maybe, just maybe, a DT11 will outlast a CG before needing a rebuild, but to them it's academic. As has been said to me by more than one person: "I can buy 2 or 3 CGs for the price of a DT11 and get better fit, finish and customer service and I shoot better scores with the CG".

As Jan says, try a DT11. Good guns of course but, like the DT10s, they don't suit everyone.

15 or so years ago most people, including me, regarded CGs as little more than dressed up Italian budget guns. There are some who still feel that way.

About 6 or 7 years ago I asked the owner of a well known shooting ground with on site gun shop what he though of them. He trotted out the usual trade opinion about them being not as robust or durable as the big names. He's now one of the biggest CG dealers.

The registered sporting shooters want the best scores and maybe, just maybe, a DT11 will outlast a CG before needing a rebuild, but to them it's academic. As has been said to me by more than one person: "I can buy 2 or 3 CGs for the price of a DT11 and get better fit, finish and customer service and I shoot better scores with the CG".

As Jan says, try a DT11. Good guns of course but, like the DT10s, they don't suit everyone.
today i shot grimsthorpe 100 esp non registered   with friends     i ended up with 92  ok not the toughest round of clays    but it made my mind up      sticking with my invictus one      its a good score for me  at my level   would a dt11 score me more  ?  i very much doubt it !!        as i always say   owt moving is miss able     🤩  

today i shot grimsthorpe 100 esp non registered   with friends     i ended up with 92  ok not the toughest round of clays    but it made my mind up      sticking with my invictus one      its a good score for me  at my level   would a dt11 score me more  ?  i very much doubt it !!        as i always say   owt moving is miss able     🤩  
Good decision 

Once you have a gun that fits , it doesn’t matter what make it is, the miss is down to operator error, no gun on the market will alter that regardless of make. It’s down to the individual what brand they prefer, personally I would rather shoot with a Beretta but each to their own 

Back