Which Shooting Cover ??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So which shooting cover are people recommending these days ? The cover for licensing issues being the forefront of what I would like ? Also any advice on cover for guns should something odd happen to one of these ?

I currently have Country Cover and I don’t plan on having to need to use it anytime soon but you never know.

Cheers 👍🏼

It depends on your needs. Many have insurance through CPSA or BASC or cover through one of the other large shooting bodies.

Have you tried Gunplan which I think is now called Ripe insurance. They are about the cheapest on the market at around £15.

I'm currently with gunplan/ripe. Initially they seemed the cheapest that offered the level of cover that I wanted at £24 however they charged an administration fee of £36 on top of this. The renewal has come through for this year £107!!. I've not had any incidents or made any claims. And I don't shoot a Purdey, Holland or Boss, so I'm not sure why it's so high. Needless to say I will not be renewing with them and will be shopping around.

It depends on your needs. Many have insurance through CPSA or BASC or cover through one of the other large shooting bodies.

Have you tried Gunplan which I think is now called Ripe insurance. They are about the cheapest on the market at around £15.
I was thinking of the cpsa as opposed to basc as I believe basc have stopped there cover for help with lost licenses and/or issues with renewals etc

I'm currently with gunplan/ripe. Initially they seemed the cheapest that offered the level of cover that I wanted at £24 however they charged an administration fee of £36 on top of this. The renewal has come through for this year £107!!. I've not had any incidents or made any claims. And I don't shoot a Purdey, Holland or Boss, so I'm not sure why it's so high. Needless to say I will not be renewing with them and will be shopping around.
It appears that’s insurance in general for you once they have you they think people will just stay. I’m sure a lot of time they are correct though 👍🏼

What you have to do is cancel the auto renewal and take out a fresh policy each year as a new customer. Auto renewal generates commission for the salesman and nothing for you, hence the admin charge.
Outrageous but true.

What you have to do is cancel the auto renewal and take out a fresh policy each year as a new customer. Auto renewal generates commission for the salesman and nothing for you, hence the admin charge.
Outrageous but true.
This is exactly what I've done. I've emailed to cancel the renewal and have a few quotes from different providers (including ripe, as a new customer). Just waiting for the reply to the cancellation next week and I'll play them against each other to get a decent deal. I do the same each year with the car insurance.

I re-join CPSA every year, I would think a lot do on this site so we can shoot REG shoots.

Back