Perazzi mx 2000s

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Les, good to hear from you. I come from a Lancashire farming though non-shooting family Les but looking back I can remember stalking rabbits with a bow and arrow at 5 or 6 [i could get target arrows in those days but not hunting arrows]. I cut from Farmers Weekly a 2" advert for a Browning A1 when I was 9 or 10 [price was £109] having discovered the attractions of small Diana air rifles. Christmas aged 11 parents were persuaded to supply a BSA Meteor .22 but that morning disaster! It only came with a tube of 50 pellets and it was Xmas Day. Age 12 convinced the parents to let me buy a bolt action .410 and happily tramped the fields for several years with that. Then the £50 Breda automatic 12bore was located. Villages in those days raised funds by holding local straw bale clay pigeon shoots and next month that years was held on the neighbouring farm, settled in my favour as dark encroached against the estate gamekeeper. And so it went on, next Miroku 800 trap then Game Fair, Mike Raymont demonstating Perazzi, Gyttorp and a trap called ABT. Demo gun [recklessly] was an SHO which could not miss and two years later came the £360 new Perazzi from Cornwall which could. I parted with the BSA [for a slab of cartridges] and the Breda but regretted it. I'd found a place beyond Chester Gun Club called Sealand and the fascination with Olympic Trap began. An A1 from a 23yr old shop assistant called Ian Coley followed then C2, C2G [bank loan for a young man] A1, A1, Custom finally locating D4G adding the stock by Malcolm Jenkins. Perazzi factory re-stocks led to six barrels, eight stocks etc. But if it was one gun for all time it would be the D4G.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never encountered the pitting rap over here.  Never seen one either.  There are some pretty crappy climates here in the States too so maybe shooters here are just more conscientious about cleaning.

Certainly not a problem I have to expect w/ my guns.

Charlie
The problem over here is damp atmosphere and guns that are not shot regularly or put away dirty. I've seen several with pitted barrels but it's always down to the owner not the gun. Chrome lined barrels have made owners a bit complacent regarding cleaning regimes. I've even seen one that had pits behind the multichokes which had obviously not been removed for cleaning.

Hi Les, good to hear from you. I come from a Lancashire farming though non-shooting family Les but looking back I can remember stalking rabbits with a bow and arrow at 5 or 6 [i could get target arrows in those days but not hunting arrows]. I cut from Farmers Weekly a 2" advert for a Browning A1 when I was 9 or 10 [price was £109] having discovered the attractions of small Diana air rifles. Christmas aged 11 parents were persuaded to supply a BSA Meteor .22 but that morning disaster! It only came with a tube of 50 pellets and it was Xmas Day. Age 12 convinced the parents to let me buy a bolt action .410 and happily tramped the fields for several years with that. Then the £50 Breda automatic 12bore was located. Villages in those days raised funds by holding local straw bale clay pigeon shoots and next month that years was held on the neighbouring farm, settled in my favour as dark encroached against the estate gamekeeper. And so it went on, next Miroku 800 trap then Game Fair, Mike Raymont demonstating Perazzi, Gyttorp and a trap called ABT. Demo gun [recklessly] was an SHO which could not miss and two years later came the £360 new Perazzi from Cornwall. I parted with the BSA [for a slab of cartridges] and the Breda but regretted it. I'd found a place beyond Chester Gun Club called Sealand and the fascination with Olympic Trap began. An A1 from a 23yr old shop assistant called Ian Coley followed then C2, C2G [bank loan for a young man] A1, A1, Custom finally locating D4G adding the stock by Malcolm Jenkins. Perazzi factory re-stocks led to six barrels, eight stocks etc. But if it was one gun for all time it would be the D4G.
Blimey Fred!!!!! Your Perazzi is a bit like Triggers (Only Fools and Horses) broom mate! I guess the place in Cornwall that sold you the Perazzi must have been Leslie Hewitts back in those days, there was an ABT layout almost outside the office door if I remember correctly. One of my mentors used to shoot a D5G I think it was, he let me use it sometimes, it was like me being handed the holy grail in those days, the rib was very wide, I think it was a 16mm. I shot it pretty well but I could never have afforded to buy one in those days and I shudder to think what a new one would cost now!!!! It never ceases to amaze me how many shooters, when asked what they would shoot if they could only have one gun and had to shoot for their life, would shoot a Browning or a Mirook. :biggrin:

Most I've ever paid for a gun Les is £4200 though that's a £2k stock on the D4G.

The initials on the £360 receipt from Leslie Hewitts are another assistant's - Tony Kennedy.

There's a D5G on the ABT circuit at the moment Les that's worth seeing - carried all Carrega's personal stickers on it when it was bought.

Most I've ever paid for a gun Les is £4200 though that's a £2k stock on the D4G.

The initials on the £360 receipt from Leslie Hewitts are another assistant's - Tony Kennedy.
Tony Kennedy, now there's a blast from the past Fred!!!! I bought my old DT10 from him when he had a shop at Bisley as well as the one in Launceston, in fact Gordon Swatton who worked for Tony at that time, did all the work on the DT10 so as to get it to fit me, not to mention the trigger work he did on it over the years. This is getting like a trip down memory lane Fred!!! :laugh:

It's alright for you Les, I'm only a nipper

post-54-0-59909100-1364213547.jpg

Attachments

• Chester GC FDT 001.jpg
    Chester GC FDT 001.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 0
You havent changed a bit Fred :)

Tony Kennedy at Launceston was a great shop used to call every year on my annual cornwall trip.

Shame its gone :(

It's alright for you Les, I'm only a nipper

attachicon.gif
Chester GC FDT 001.jpg
I had a vest similar to that one Fred. In fact I have no idea what make it was, but it was the most comfy vest I've ever had, and I still would prefer a button up vest even now, but it seems as though they are mostly made in tweed (for game shooters) these days. I did see a Perazzi one somewhere, but I don't have a Perazzi and prefer to have no name on a vest!

You havent changed a bit Fred :)

Tony Kennedy at Launceston was a great shop used to call every year on my annual cornwall trip.

Shame its gone :(
At least he has shorter hair now!!! But most of us had hair like that back then! :hyper:

No les, his hair is exactly the same he just hides it well under the baseball cap.

Has a resemblance to james hunt dont you think ???

There's a D5G on the ABT circuit at the moment Les that's worth seeing - carried all Carrega's personal stickers on it when it was bought.
Actually Fred, didn't Carrega use a special gun at one time, made for him by a mob called Manufrance? I think it had a fairly wide odd looking rib and the barrels were ribless I think. Do you remember that Fred?

Actually Fred, didn't Carrega use a special gun at one time, made for him by a mob called Manufrance? I think it had a fairly wide odd looking rib and the barrels were ribless I think. Do you remember that Fred?
There was something like a B99 cantilevered rib Carrega special looking similar to a Perazzi 2003 but I thought Browning marketed it. We need a Browning expert. I'll go look for one.

There was something like a B99 cantilevered rib Carrega special looking similar to a Perazzi 2003 but I thought Browning marketed it. We need a Browning expert. I'll go look for one.
I think the gun you mean is a B25 Carrega ST150.  I will see what I can find out about the Manufrance, I have found references to it but no pics though!

Here you go Fred!! A Carrega ST150 http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-951-0-85126400-1364245887.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-951-0-25249400-1364245910.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-951-0-38905100-1364245925.jpg

post-951-0-05623700-1364247786.jpg

post-951-0-48972700-1364247801.jpg

post-951-0-16464600-1364247821.jpg

Attachments

• 60_1_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP1.jpg
    60_1_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP1.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 60_4_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP1.jpg
    60_4_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP1.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 60_5_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP1.jpg
    60_5_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP1.jpg
  • __4_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP.jpg
    __4_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
  • __5_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP.jpg
    __5_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0
  • 60_1_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP.jpg
    60_1_BROWNING-ST-150-CARREGA-TRAP.jpg
Try this Fred!!! Falcor Manufrance Carrega!!! Not totally unlike the ST150 ,but top lever lock up looks like a K80. Not sure which he used first though, any idea?

post-951-0-76868100-1364246712.jpg

post-951-0-05246600-1364247043.jpg

post-951-0-01843200-1364247233.jpg

Attachments

• Falcor manufrance Carrega.jpg
    Falcor manufrance Carrega.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Carrega.jpg
    Carrega.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
Never heard of one les. Weird looking thing what year are we talking.

Never heard of one les. Weird looking thing what year are we talking.
 Well Carrega was World Champ three or four times from the late 60's to the 80's I think. Fred is sure to know! I have only ever seen one ST150 and one Falcor/Manufrance. Both are very rare guns! It looks as though all these new fangled odd ribs that are about today are just a re invention of a very old idea mate, as some of us old gits knew all the time!

Back