Perazzi mx 2000s

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOH!!  The MX2000S George Digweed Edition £5k

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Perazzi_Shotgun_MX2000S_For-Sale_130208105542001
Don't be fooled though. I am reliably informed that they made so many of this "exclusive" model that the market for them has dive bombed.

I was at RBSS last week and they had a minter 2000s there for £6200

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Perazzi_Shotgun_MX2000S_For-Sale_130327143339001

The thing is if you are after an SC3 then they don't make such a thing in the 2000s specification. You either have to get the mx8(drop out triggers) or the mx12(fixed trigger plate) SC3 model.

Hmmm.. I thought that the GD edition was really plain, almost not engraved. It was brought out as the cheapest Perazzi at the time I thought. Fixed choke 3/4 and full. I remember because I went to buy one, but they had none left so I splashed out on my SC3.
Don't get me wrong, that one looks better than a GD one. Just not sure it is one though..

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 3 George Digweed 2000s for sale on Guntrader at the moment, all seem to have the same engraving and silver action as the one in the photo

There are 3 George Digweed 2000s for sale on Guntrader at the moment, all seem to have the same engraving and silver action as the one in the photo
OK, maybe my memory deceives me. Seem to remember there is 'GD' underside of the action. Nice gun whatever!

I have an mx2000s and the wood is quite nice now that it has been de-lacquered and professionally hand oiled. However, for a gun that costs c £8000 new, I have to agree with Hammy that the wood that Perazzi puts on these guns is definitely "pants"..

I have an mx2000s and the wood is quite nice now that it has been de-lacquered and professionally hand oiled. However, for a gun that costs c £8000 new, I have to agree with Hammy that the wood that Perazzi puts on these guns is definitely "pants"..
But the plain wood has better recoil properties.

See what I mean about pants pictures ! :frown:

Does anyone else think you should get smarter wood for £5 or £6k ?
Agree totally mate! All three MX8's that I had were really lacking in the timber dept. One of them had upgraded wood, but it was still not jaw dropping material and looked little better than you would find on a bog standard 682.

Back