Perazzi Mx8 Sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligan

I have seen a used one of these for sale at a not too unreasonable price, have not shot it yet but have handled it and it feels very nice and condition/wear seems OK to me. My problem is I have never owned or researched one of these so don't have much idea what to look for or be aware of, one thing I did notice was that when you opened up the gun I could feel a slight movement under the fingers of my right hand where the detachable trigger was. This was not a lot of movement but just enough to be aware of, is this normal on one of these ? 

Also gun had been Teague choked which I am guessing had been done at some point after original purchase unless Perazzi offer this as an option ? 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

I have one myself and they are excellent guns. If you are feeling some movement check that the stock is not cracked around the grip or the stock itself could need tightening. The leaf springs do go occasionally but are easily replaced. You can drop the trigger unit out by pushing the safety catch forward and pulling the unit out in a circular motion towards the barrels. Also if it has a selectable trigger you have to make sure you pull the safety catch back to safe before changing the barrels over and then push it forward to the fire position, if you don’t do this it will most likely double discharge.

Thanks for the reply

Couldn't see any cracking in stock but will check again and I don't think stock was loose but again I will check.

I take it you have no such sense of movement on your gun  ?

Thanks for the reply

Couldn't see any cracking in stock but will check again and I don't think stock was loose but again I will check.

I take it you have no such sense of movement on your gun  ?
No none at all. Regarding the Teague chokes they almost certainly would have been done afterwards. 

I have had several MX8s over the years and on a couple of them the detachable trigger unit had some slight play whilst fitted in the action. 

It caused me no problem and didn't interfere with the operation of the trigger mechanism in any way and they remained secure in the action. 

Thanks for the reply Philr

Intend to try it but to be honest I think it will mess with my head if I feel it moving everytime I break the gun. Did you ever try to get it tightened up or is that not even possible ? 

Thanks for the reply Philr

Intend to try it but to be honest I think it will mess with my head if I feel it moving everytime I break the gun. Did you ever try to get it tightened up or is that not even possible ? 
Nope it has never bothered me, I think there needs to be a slight element of free play to enable the trigger mechanism to be removed with relative ease. 

They're a competition gun and if there's a failure of the leaf (vee) main spring you have a time limit of 3 minutes, within the competition rules, to repair the gun without penalty. That's replacing the spring or using a spare trigger mechanism. If you have a fight to get the faulty one out, it doesn't leave much time for fumbling fingers to do much else. 

Latest posts

Back